Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Breakers (ブレイカーズ, Bureikāsu) is a 2D fighting game released by Visco on December 17, 1996 for the Neo Geo. It received an updated version entitled Breakers Revenge (ブレイカーズ・リベンジ, Bureikāsu Ribenji) on July 3, 1998. The game is rather obscure in the arcade and Neo Geo scene, likely due to its somewhat uninspired visuals and character designs, but it has gained something of a cult following thanks to its solid gameplay. The game never received an actual AES (Console version of Neo Geo) release or ports to any other consoles, pushing it deeper into obscurity.
When both players begin a fight with the same character, the challenger's character will receive a different name. For instance, Sho's double will be named "Jin Sawamura". This usually occurred in the game's arcade mode with a human opponent facing the computer.
- Sho Kamui (神威 翔) - the protagonist and Dao-Long's rival. Hailing from Japan, he wants to prove the strength of Karate against strong opponents.
- Lee Dao-Long (李 刀龍) - Sho's rival and senior. A young Korean who practices a Chinese martial art called the "Empty Fist."
- Pielle Montario (ピエール・モンタリオ) - a rich French aristocrat who parades around in Zorro-like fashion. With his fencing skills, Pielle seeks to deliver justice for Bai-Hu's cruelty.
- Condor Heads (コンドル・ヘッズ) - a Native American wrestler. After experiencing a vision from his lion spirit, Manitor, Condor enters the tournament to find what's lacking in his life.
- Rila Estancia (ライラ・エスタンシア) - a wild looking woman who was born in Brazil. She is searching for a way to protect her jungle home.
- Tia Langray (ティア・ラングレー) - a kickboxing champion, she is looking for her missing brother.
- Alsion III (アルシオンIII世) - seems to be a resurrected Egyptian pharaoh. Using various deities and his stretching limbs, Alsion III is trying to create his own empire.
- Sheik Maherl (シーク・マハール) - an Arabian swordsman who can summon a fiery djinn during fights. He enters the tournament to confirm the whereabouts of his friend.
- Saizo Tobikageno (飛影 才蔵) - a character added in Breakers Revenge. Saizo is a ninja who wants to avenge his village.
- Huang Bai-Hu (黄 白虎) - the boss. Possessed by an evil spirit, Bai-Hu organizes the FIST tournament to finish off his competition.
- Breakers Revenge was one of the first "Giga Power" games for the Neo Geo.
- The character Saizo should not be confused with the character Saizo Hattori from Power Instinct, though both characters are ninjas.
- The prototype name of Breakers was Crystal Legacy.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|