Samurai Shodown Sen artwork by Senri Kita
|Full name||Charlotte Christine de Colde|
|Birthdate||February 4, 1761|
|Height||182 cm (6'0")|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lbs)|
|Family/Relatives||Serge (father), Josephine (mother), Caldan (younger brother), Pierre (pet pigeon)|
|Forte in sports||Fencing, Fox hunting|
|Special skill||Singing opera|
|Most unpleasant||"I'm unintentionally condescending."|
|Favorite music||Mozart (Meehar)|
|Measurements (bust, waist, hip)||85 cm - 57 cm - 90 cm|
|Weapon||La Roche (an épée)|
|Fighting style||None; probably her own style of fencing|
She is a minor French noble who prefers the company of commoners. Whilst on her travels through the French countryside, she caught word of a "series of calamities" with no natural pretenses. She leaves her home to investigate and ends up traveling to Japan in order to do battle with Amakusa who is the source of the evil plaguing her home country. Afterwards, she returns home to take part in the French Revolution. In Samurai Shodown II, she finds Ambrosia to be the further source of the malice occurring around the world and journeys again to defeat the deity. At this time, she admired Haohmaru greatly but ends her affections when she sees his lover, Oshizu. She returns to Japan for similar reasons in her other appearances.
In Sen, she learns that someone powerful is supporting the royalist faction. Charlotte, a loyal member of the civil army, decides to inspect the source in Japan. After she left the care of the reformation to her comrades, she attended a bull fighting event while traveling through Europe. By this time, one of Golba's assassins had caught up with her, attempting to take her life. Her actions spark the interest of the torero Kirian.
She is a proud woman, perceived to be a bit manly from those of her home country as she talks in the same manner as a soldier. Though harsh and boastful during fights, Charlotte is a gentle and generous wanderer who truly loves her countrymen. She generally avoids womanly attire though she will dress in it if the occasion calls for it.
- Multiple Attacks - Charlotte can deliver several slashes at once.
- Energy Projectile - Charlotte can fire a triangular projectile of energy.
- Sense - Charlotte can sense the presence of people nearby.
- Energy Attacks - Charlotte can put energy in her blade.
Common with most fencers, most of her slashing attacks revolve around stabbing from a distance, avoiding body contact as much as possible. Her most powerful strike is a three-point slash, forming a triangle when completely drawn. Her standing kicks hop her across a short distance and is capable of avoiding some low ground attacks. When first introduced, her move set only consisted of Splash Front -a button mashing move which traveled her forward- and Power Gradation - a perfectly vertical anti-air attack. Her next appearance in Samurai Shodown II granted her access to Tri-Slash, a chargable projectile.
- Foreign Woman - Samurai Shodown
- Foreign Woman - Continued - Samurai Shodown II
- Foreign Woman - Original - Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidō Retsuden
- Continuation of the Woman From Far Away - Samurai Shodown IV
- Harumi Ikoma - since her debut
- Mayumi Shindou - Samurai Shodown VI
- Sakiko Tamagawa - Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture
- Tiffany Grant - Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture (English voice)
- Yumi Nakatani - Samurai Shodown Dengeki drama CD series
- Yumi Tōma - Samurai Shodown Dengeki drama CD series (part 3)
- Samurai Shodown
- Samurai Shodown II
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden
- Samurai Shodown IV
- Samurai Shodown!
- Samurai Shodown! 2
- Samurai Shodown V
- Samurai Shodown V Special
- Samurai Shodown VI
- Samurai Shodown Sen
- Samurai Spirits ~Kengou Hachiban Shoubu~
- Samurai Spirits - Makai Rineki
- The SAMURAI Kingdom
- Kimi wa Hero
- Samurai Shodown III - in the staff roll; cosplays as Zankuro
- Samurai Shodown 64 - in the San Francisco stage
- Days of Memories (third title) - in-text cameo
- Samurai Spirits Gaiden: Cham Cham
- Samurai Spirits Oni
- The King of Fighters XIII - in the Burnt Remains stage
- Her nickname with the development team for SS II is "Charuko" (シャル子).
- Her first crush was an educated man who was excellent in his studies as well as his fencing skills. After she shared a dance with him at Versailles Place in her teenage years, he succumbed to illness and died.