Cheng from Fatal Fury Special. Art by Shinkiro.
|Full name||Cheng Sinzan|
|Birthdate||August 10, 1952; 40 years old (Fatal Fury 2); 44 years old (Real Bout Special)|
|Height||160 cm (5' 3")|
|Weight||100 kg (220 lbs)|
130 kg (287lbs) (Real Bout Special)
|Forte in sports||Ping Pong|
|Special skill||Playing mahjong all night (his record is four days straight)|
|Favorite music||Pop Music|
|Fighting style||Tai Chi Chuan|
In this Chinese name, the family name is Cheng.
Cheng Sinzan (Chinese: 陳 秦山; Pinyin: Chén Qínshān; Japanese: チン・シンザン, Chin Shinzan) is a character from the Fatal Fury series. His first appearance is modeled after one of the game's designers though later appearances borrow inspiration from a character from the Karate Baka Ichidai manga.Although his intentions are not really evil, Cheng's incredible amount of greed and hunger for money blinds him from more important matters. Only interested in becoming a rich man at any cost, Cheng usually overlooks many situations, in such a manner that when he tries to find out what's going on, he usually finds himself in big trouble. Nevertheless, the ambition of Cheng could be as big as his own stomach.
Cheng is a wealthy businessman who is friends with millionaires and common people alike, having risen out of poverty into riches and attained by his own hard work and determination. He is actually a former student of Master Tung and was taught alongside Jeff Bogard and Geese Howard. In their prime, the three of them were known as the "Three Brothers of Godly Battle". However, since he participated in rigged bets and prohibited street fights, Tung expelled him from the Hakkyokuseiken school. Cheng comments that Tung was very frightening at that time.
In Fatal Fury 2, he hears rumors about Wolfgang Krauser from the Chinese mafia and enters the King of Fighters tournament to gain publicity. He hopes to use his fame to start his own dojo chain. Although he lost during the tournament, he gained a measure of success and earned a hearty profit. He continues to live off his fortune and work in his company. He sometimes rides a helicopter through South Town to observe the streets below.
Cheng is a happy-go-lucky guy who loves to indulge in the good things of life. He is generous and open-hearted to his friends yet greedy when it comes to food, women, and money. He can also be very lazy when he's at work. His Fatal Fury 2 story depicts him playing golf with Robert Garcia.
- Gather Chi - Cheng can gather chi from the earth.
- Energy Projectile - Cheng can release a ball of energy that resembles a baloon filled with water.
- Energy Attacks - Cheng can deliver punches fueled by chi energy.
- Energy Body - Cheng can fill his body with chi energy to increase his size.
- Financial expertise - Cheng knows where and how to invest his money, knows how to make it, and also how to manipulate assets towards his own financial gain.
Cheng fights with a very unorthodox Tai Chi Chuan. He often uses a lot of striking maneuvers and uses his body to his advantage. These are not common to the softness of Tai Chi Chuan.
- Pangyago Houho (Pangyago Technique) - Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special
- Hapushu! Fuuu - Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
- Jun Hashimoto - Fatal Fury 2~Special
- Shigefumi Nakai - since Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
- Chafūrin - Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle and Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
- Robert O. Smith - Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (English voice)
- Fatal Fury 2
- Fatal Fury Special
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special: Dominated Mind
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
- Days of Memories (fifth title) - unplayable
- Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory - riding a helicopter through Southtown, plays a role in several cut scenes and mentioned in some quotes
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves - cameo in Kim Dong Hwan's stage
- The King of Fighters '94 - in the Fatal Fury team stage
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo in the Psycho Soldier Team stage
- The King of Fighters 2002 - background cameo in the China stage
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - as a baloon in the Neo Geo World stage
- The King of Fighters XIII - in the India stage
- The King of Fighters XIV - in the China Team ending
- KOF: Maximum Impact - background cameo
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - background cameo
- Garou Densetsu The Legend of Wild Wolf
- Garou Densetsu Special
- His theme Pangyago Houho is named after his unique KO quote. This dialogue is actually an ad-lib made by Hashimoto.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|