Chris in The King of Fighters 2002. Illustration by Nona
|Birthdate||May 3; 14 years old|
|Height||160 cm (5'3")|
|Weight||48 kg (106 lbs)|
|Job/Occupation||Drummer of CYS|
|Dislikes||Oleaster, people who touch his head freely, liars|
|Favorite food||Bhutanese food|
|Forte in sports||Orienteering|
|Fighting style||Speedy Attacks|
His quote during his SDM makes a reference to another SNK game, Crystalis. He is believed to be based on a character in the anime Armored Trooper Votoms. In Gamest's 1997 Heroes Collection, Chris was voted as the staff's twentieth favorite character.
Both of versions of him are voiced by Rio Ogata in the games and Shiki Aoki for The King of Fighters World.
His true origin is shrouded in mystery. At one point, he formed a rock band named CYS (consisting of the first letter in the name of each band member) with Yashiro Nanakase and Shermie, with him playing the drums. He, along with Yashiro and Shermie, entered the King of Fighters 1997 to form the New Face Team by individually defeating and stealing the invitations of the qualified Sports Team, having chosen to enter after the preliminaries were over. Chris fought Heavy D!, defeated him, and took his invitation to the tournament. Their initial goal for entering the tournament was due to Yashiro's grudge and desire to get revenge on Iori Yagami, the leader of a rival band that had surpassed them in popularity. Chris, Shermie and Yashiro themselves were originally unaware of their own Orochi heritage.
As the tournament progressed, the Orochi blood within Chris and his friends awakened and they regained their memories of being three of the "Four Heavenly Kings". As loyal members of Orochi, they continued to gather power to resurrect Orochi. They kidnapped Yuki as a sacrifice for Orochi to regain his full potential and triggered the Riot of the Blood within Iori and Leona with their presence. Orochi returns to the world using Chris's body as the host but is re-sealed again by the Three Sacred Treasures: Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru. In the New Face team's ending, all three members sacrifice themselves in hopes of resurrecting Orochi.
Chris is quite innocent, shy, cheerful, and has a heart of gold, though somewhat anti-social, He also seems to be quite soulful.
- Super Speed - Chris can move faster than normal human beings.
- Translocation - Using the Super Speed power, Chris can translocate himself to another place.
- Energy Attacks - Chris can infuse his attacks with energy.
Chris fights using his speed mixed with acrobatic maneuvers, which gives him a mixup-pressure-based fighting style that involves him playing mindgames with his opponents.
Originally, his moveset was deemed as subpar in his debut appearance, to the point where a majority of it was reworked in '98. In 2002 akin to Blue Mary, gives him a classic system mechanic as one of his special moves (his "Leading" attacks are based on his stationary sidestep animation in Extra mode).
Chris is also so far, the only character via his HSDM of the Four Heavenly Kings to be able to manually access his other form. However, his portrait and current BGM do not change in both 2002 and NeoWave until the former does in 2002 UM; even then, ending a round with a transformed-normal-Chris will have him revert back to his normal form in the next round.
- Bloody - The King of Fighters '97, '98, R-1, R-2 and 2002
- Re:Bloody - The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters '97
- The King of Fighters '98
- The King of Fighters R-1
- The King of Fighters R-2
- The King of Fighters 2000 - As a Striker for Whip
- The King of Fighters 2002
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters Neowave
- The King of Fighters: Kyo
- CR The King of Fighters
- Days of Memories (second and fifth title) - NPC; passing mention in the fifth
- Moeyo! KOF Daiundokai
- Crash Fever
- Kimi wa Hero
- The King of Fighters 2003 - in the edit team's ending
- The King of Fighters XIII - in the London stage
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo in the Art of Fighting Team stage
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - in Shermie's ending
- The King of Fighters (pachinko)
- The King of Fighters 2