Days of Memories (デイズ オブ メモリーズ, abbreviated DOM) is a series of romantic love simulations that SNK Playmore has been making for cellphones since 2005. The game series is the spiritual sister to Season 365 no Omoi, a mobile game of the same genre which featured KOF female characters. No localization efforts have been made for America.
The games are romantic love simulations starring SNK, ADK, and SNK Playmore characters that take place in a parallel world to their own. The year that most of these games takes place is 200X. Each character takes roles similar to their original counterpart though they have been adjusted slightly to better fit the genre. For example, Kula wearing a junior high school seifuku uniform and a Gothic Lolita style outfit, as well as her normal clothes; she's usually introduced as K's younger sister.
In each game, the player is given a month to start a relationship with one of the girls featured in the game. In order to finish the game with the beginnings of a workable relationship, the game tests players by asking for information like the birthdate, blood type, hobbies, and birthplace of whichever girl the player is planning to complete the game on, not allowing them to progress without getting most of the information correct. Game saves will be labeled with the particular girl "type" if the player is successful towards the end of the month, beginning the pre-ending phase to determine which ending the player will get. Some pre-ending final sequences break the fourth wall, with Kula's pre-ending actually displaying joystick commands, in order that the player physically selects the right move for the character, with the bad ending occurring if they are performed incorrectly.
A compilation of the first three games for the Nintendo DS, entitled Days of Memories, was made with new graphics and an extra viewing mode. The second compilation for the Nintendo DS, Days of Memories 2, contained the following three titles in the series. Days of Memories 3, the third compilation for the DS, includes an original drama CD, a new character named Athena Hatsushiro, and a bonus scenario after all stories in the game have been cleared.
Featured in Days of Memories 〜Boku to Kanojo no Atsui Natsu (〜僕と彼女の熱い夏)Edit
The cast of this game are considered to be fan favorites from their respective debut games. The protagonist is a Japanese high school student who is tempted to drop out. The subtitle translates to "My Hot Summer with Her".
- Athena Asamiya - class madonna; attends the same class as the protagonist and his childhood friend
- Kasumi Todoh - president of the school's Akido club
- B. Jenet - perky overseas teacher who wants to start a band
- King - bar owner of Illusion
- Mai Shiranui - rich maiden who lives in the town's mansion; currently lives in the same apartment complex as the protagonist
- Yuri Sakazaki - protagonist's martial arts instructor
- Leona Heidern - reclusive and doesn't have many friends; attends the same class as the protagonist
- Kula Diamond - lower level classmate who shuns protagonist; gets along well with Kaido
- Male characters - Kyoya Kaido (original), Andy Bogard, K', Ryuhaku Todoh
Featured in Days of Memories 2 ~Boku no Ichiban Taisetsu na Kimi e~ (〜僕の一番大切な君へ〜)Edit
Debuted the first unique Days of Memories character. The protagonist is a college student who lives in his own apartment. The subtitle translates to "To You, the Most Important to Me".
- Hotaru Futaba - adopted younger sister of the protagonist
- Kisarah Westfield - athletic flirt who gets along with Hotaru
- Fiolina Germi - energetic girl in the same class as the protagonist
- Chizuru Kagura - shrine priestess who participates in motorcycle racing in her free time
- Mature - secretary at Hotaru's high school; Vice is her roommate
- Blue Mary - strong and kind woman who is always on the job
- Athena Asamiya - a pop-star idol who always needs to hide from the paparazzi; portrayed as a young adult
- Shizuku Misawa - normal girl who works at a lot of part time jobs; mainly serves as a bartender (original)
Featured in Days of Memories ~Ōedo Ren'ai Emaki~ (〜大江戸恋愛絵巻〜)Edit
Set during the era of Feudal Japan and the first game in the series to show where the girls are. This game also includes the added element of dueling to decide the endings. The protagonist is a young samurai, hoping to perfect his sword play in all of his matches. The subtitle translates to "Ōedo Love Scrolls".
- Nakoruru - Ainu priestess who lives in the mountains
- Mina Majikina - traveler from Okinawa; Chample is her only friend
- Rinka Yoshino - a trained samurai who is always looking for a fight
- Saya - foreigner from overseas who acts as the sister figure to Rinka
- Mikoto - morose resident who is constantly troubled by her worries
- Shiki - amnesic geisha in training
- Iroha - protagonist's personal maid
- Shino - worker at her family's inn (original)
- Chiyo - mysterious geisha (original)
Featured in Days of Memories ~Kare to Watashi no Atsui Natsu~ (〜彼と私の熱い夏〜)Edit
This game is marketed as a dating game for girls, rather than the normal male perspective. The game also includes a "clothing system", as certain choices can better or worsen their compatibility. The protagonist is a 16 year old high school student, hoping to do something exciting during her summer. The subtitle translates to "His Hot Summer with Me".
- Kyo Kusanagi - childhood friend of the protagonist; regarded as the "older brother"
- Iori Yagami - jazz bassist to the local live house, OROCHi
- K' - childhood acquaintance who has trouble with his memory
- Ash Crimson - wealthy classmate who likes to frequently pull pranks and tell lies
- Terry Bogard - basketball teacher and father figure to Rock; in his Mark of Wolves attire
- Rock Howard - member of the basketball team; has a fanclub though he doesn't approve of it
- Alba Meira - American employee from the father's workplace staying abroad at the protagonist's home
- Ryo Sakazaki - protagonist's martial arts instructor
- Female characters - Kaori Ozawa (original) and Makoto Satou (Protagonist)
Featured in Days of Memories ~Koi wa Good Job!~ (〜恋はグッジョブ!〜)Edit
This game focuses on characters at work in various jobs, related to their normal game appearances. The player is a professional photographer who is searching for the next big model or scoop for his studio. The subtitle translates to "Good Job at Love!".
- Kisarah Westfield - local sports instructor
- King - owner of the upper class bar, Illusion; dresses as a man
- Kasumi Todoh - shrine priestess raised with traditional (and dated) Japanese values
- Mai Shiranui - office lady by day, vigilante by night under the alias "SHIRANUI"
- Ai - quirky police officer who is quick to call suspects to local crimes
- Athena Asamiya - pop-star idol who is always followed by Jhun Hoon; Sie Kensou is her manager
- Karen Ōkain - free journalist working for player and childhood friend (original)
- Shizuku Misawa - pet trainer (original)
Featured in Days of Memories ~Junpaku no Tenshitachi~ (〜純白の天使たち〜)Edit
Character roster is taken from The King of Fighters XI and KOF: Maximum Impact 2. Takes place in a hospital and is a mystery-romance story. The first game to determine the ending for a girl type by targeting certain groups of girls at once, setting the pre-ending phase to begin at an earlier date than others. The protagonist is a patient, injured due to being trampled by a horse in the beginning. The subtitle translates to "Pure White Angels".
- Ninon Beart - Mignon's younger sister; practices black magic
- Elisabeth Blanctorche - genius physician; strict and scary
- Luise Meyrink - mysterious garden tender; sings songs with magical effects
- Malin - acquaintance of the protagonist who is jealous of any other girl he meets; likes to pull pranks with her gadgets
- Momoko - high school student who visits Kaoru; fan of Athena Asamiya
- Alice Garnet Nakata - nurse in training tending to protagonist
- Ayame Ichitsuka - the sister who provides religious needs for patients (original)
- Tsugumi Ichitsuka - younger sister of Ayame who constantly wears masks to express her emotions (original)
Featured in Days of Memories ~Boku to Kanojo to Koto no Koi~ (〜僕と彼女と古都の恋〜)Edit
This game focuses on characters that specialize in various talents, related to their normal game appearances. This is the first game in the series to include characters from The Last Blade series. The protagonist is a member of Iori's band and is attending a special private school. The subtitle translates to "My Love with Her in the Old City".
- Athena Asamiya - popular idol
- Leona Heidern - acclaimed swimmer
- Kula Diamond - popular model; age changed to 18
- Angel - goal keeper for the girl's soccer team
- Whip - teacher of the protagonist's class; carries a whip at all times
- Misato Shinro - older sister of Haruka who is talented in artistic gymnastics (original)
- Rimururu - worker at a traditional Japanese inn; stays there with her sister Nakoruru
- Side characters - Tsunami
- Male characters - Kyo Kusanagi, K', Ash Crimson, Haohmaru, Genjuro Kibagami, Setsuna, Kojiroh Sanada
Featured in Days of Memories ~Kaze Maou Miyako de Tsukamaete! ~ (～風舞う都でつかまえて！～)Edit
This is the first game to be a part of a trilogy. It takes place at the same time as the game before it at another high school. The protagonist is a happy go-lucky student who is willing to do any job given to him. The subtitle translates to "Catch the Dancing Wind in the Big City!"
- Mai Shiranui - popular Japanese beauty and protagonist's classmate; has a huge crush on their teacher, Andy
- Yuri Sakazaki - friendly troublemaker and classmate of the protagonist; usually caught in the act by one of the teachers, Robert
- Mina Majikina - introverted student who treasures her Chample keyholder
- Xiao Lon - eccentric and unfortunate girl with problems at home
- Nakoruru - worker at a traditional Japanese inn; stays there with her sister Rimururu
- Haruka Shinro - clumsier younger sister of Misato; searching for her natural talent (original)
- Side characters - Iroha
- Male characters - Iori Yagami, Rock Howard, Andy Bogard, Robert Garcia, Geese Howard
Featured in Days of Memories ~Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Fuyu~ (～世界で一番熱い冬～)Edit
This game concludes the previous two titles and is staged at a place similar to the last two entries. The protagonist is a third year kendo student who is energetic and reckless. He has to decide who he wants to spend his Christmas party with this year. The title parodies a popular Japanese phrase and TBS drama, One Hot Summer. This title is very similar to the first Season 365 no Omoi game. The Days of Memories 3 DS compilation adds a new character to this cast. The subtitle translates to "The World's Hottest Winter".
- Athena Asamiya - top idol and the school madonna
- Mai Shiranui - a school beauty with strange motives
- Hibiki Takane - student at the high school who seems to carry a sword with her at all times
- Hotaru Futaba - childhood friend of the protagonist who experienced a personal tragedy six years ago
- Rose Bernstein - a student who regularly rides the airship Sky Noah to school, giving her a celebrity-like status; attends the same class as the protagonist
- Reina Takida - tomboyish classmate of the protagonist who acts as his "guy" friend; she likes snowboarding (original)
- Athena Hatsushiro - Athena Asamiya's cousin who is a transfer student from overseas. She hopes to see and learn many things during her stay in Japan. DS exclusive character. Her surname, Hatsushiro, is a play on the Japanese word shodai, which means "original" and uses the same kanji.
- Side characters - Akari Ichijou, Nakoruru
- Male characters - Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, Adelheid Bernstein, Gato, Joe Higashi, Rock Howard, Geese Howard
- One of the locations you can visit in DOM1 is Neo Geo Land in Esaka, a common location of fights in The King of Fighters games. This is replaced in DOM2 by Neo Geo World.
- Various male characters cameo in the games, usually appearing in the context of their normal game appearances. This is changed, in the fourth game, to having the female characters cameo.
- Most of the female cast of The King of Fighters series appear as either major characters or as cameo characters in all the games except the third game, which features solely Samurai Shodown characters.
- In the sixth title, Mignon whines to the protagonist, "I'm not a witch~!", in the same fashion as the suspects in Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!.
- Days of Memories for DS Official Website
- Days of Memories Official Webpage
- Hardcore Gaming article on Days of Memories
- Days of Memories wiki (Japanese)
- Days of Memories 4 wiki (Japanese)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|