|Fatal Fury 2|
US box art. Illustration by Shinkiro
|Developer(s)||SNK (Neo Geo), Takara, Gabrain (SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis, Game Boy), Hudson Corporation (TurboGrafx-16), D4 Entreprise , (Wii Virtual Console), Hamster Corporation (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch)|
|Publisher(s)||SNK, Magical Company (Sharp X68000), D4 Entreprise, Hamster Corporation|
JP December 10, 1992
WW March 5, 1993
JP November 26, 1993
NA April 1994
JP December 23, 1993
PC Engine CD
JP March 12, 1994
JP June 24, 1994
JP July 29, 1994
JP September 9, 1994
Wii Virtual Console
JP May 20, 2008
NA June 30, 2008
PAL June 13, 2008
WW April 20, 2017
PlayStation 4 & Nintendo Switch
WW June 22, 2017
|Game modes||Single-player, versus|
M15+ (OFLC Australia)
Wii Virtual Console, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One
|Platform(s)||Arcade, Neo Geo, Neo-Geo CD, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis, SNES, Game Boy, Sharp X68000, PlayStation 2, Wii Virtual Console, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch|
Fatal Fury 2 (餓狼伝説2 新たなる闘い, Garō Densetsu Tsū Aratanaru Tatakai, "Legend of the Hungry Wolf 2: The New Battle") is a 1992 fighting game released by SNK for the Neo Geo arcade and home platforms. It is the sequel to Fatal Fury: King of Fighters and the second game in the Fatal Fury series.
After Geese Howard's death in the original Fatal Fury, a mysterious nobleman becomes the sponsor of the new "King of Fighters" tournament. This time, the tournament is held worldwide with fighters around the globe competing. As the single player mode progresses, the mysterious challenger begins defeating the participants from the previous Fatal Fury game (Michael Max, Hwa Jai, Duck King, Tung Fu Rue and Richard Meyer), searching for the man responsible for defeating Geese.
Fatal Fury 2 was the second game in SNK's 100-Mega Shock series, offering improved graphics and gameplay over the original Fatal Fury. The play controls were modified, this time making full use of the Neo-Geo's four button configuration, by including four attack buttons (two Punch buttons and two Kick buttons). The game expands on the two-lane plane system by giving the player the ability to knock their opponent to the other lane. Additionally some stages have hazards like electrified wires or a stampede of bulls. In addition, each character now has a "desperation attack" which can only be performed when their life meter is low and flashing red.
Returning Characters Edit
- Terry Bogard
- Andy Bogard
- Joe Higashi
- Big Bear - formerly known as Raiden
- Billy Kane - Boss: CPU Controlled (playable on SNES, Sega Genesis and Game Boy)
New Characters Edit
- Mai Shiranui
- Kim Kaphwan
- Cheng Sinzan
- Jubei Yamada
- Axel Hawk - Boss: CPU Controlled (playable on SNES, Sega Genesis and Game Boy)
- Laurence Blood - Boss: CPU Controlled (playable on SNES, Sega Genesis and Game Boy)
- Wolfgang Krauser - Boss: CPU Controlled (playable on SNES, Sega Genesis and Game Boy)
- Keystone, USA - Terry: A transcontinental railroad, with the wagon of a train passing next to the Mount Rushmore. Can be seen other trains, trees, other mounts and the Sylvan Lake. In the wagon, can be seen barrels, besides a NEO GEO logo with a star. This stage also can be available in KOF XIV, as a DLC stage. Changes: in the 1st round, it's day; from the 2nd round, night. Note: During the fight, the characters breaks the barrels.
- Venice, Italy - Andy: A ship passing through the waters of the Italian city. Can be spotted, in the background, the old buildings, in special the Rialto Bridge, the Tower of Pisa and the Colosseum, people, a old man in a motorcycle, sun umbrellas, light posts, gondolas, food trucks and a female statue. In the ship, can be seen a rope, barrels and life buoys. Changes: in the 1st round, it's day; from the 2nd round, night.
- Chiang Mai, Thailand - Joe: A forest next to the Ping River. Can be seen the temple Wak Chet Yot, shrubs, trees, stones, boats, baskets, a pier and women villagers holding leaves. Changes: in the 1st round, cloudy weather; from the 2nd round, sunset. Note: During the fight, the characters breaks the baskets.
- Aokigahara, Japan - Mai: A boat passing through next to the famous forest. Can be seen waterfalls, Asian statues, shrines, vegeatation and stones. In the boat, can be spotted flags with Japanese symbols. Changes: in the 1st round, it's day; from the 2nd round, night.
- Seoul, Korea - Kim: The Namdaemun Gate. The ancient building mixes with trees and modern buildings. Also can be spotted people watching the fight, a fountain and motorcycles circulating all over the stage. Changes: in the 1st round, it's day; from the 2nd round, night.
- Alice Springs, Australia - Big Bear: The national park of Uluru-Kata Tjuta. Can be seen the hill-symbol of the place accompanied by a bright sun, in the background, a truck with the character, SNK's name and the world FIGHTING, besides other vehicles. Also can be spotted people cheering and a crate next to the characters. Changes: in the 1st round, it's afternoon; from the 2rd, sunset.
- Aberdeen, Hong Kong - Cheng: The fight takes in the night, in a pier next to the restaurant Jumbo Kingdom, in the Aberdeen Harbour. Can be seen light posts, buildings, a ship, a dragon statue and chinese decorations. Changes: in the 1st round, the sky is orange; from the 2rd round, night.
- Kumamoto, Japan - Jubei: The Kumamoto Castle. Can be seen boards with Japanese arts, a statue, typical vegetation, a foutain and a bridge. Changes: in the 1st round, the sky is blue; from the 2rd round, a tree is leafless and the sky is grey. Note: During the fight, the characters breaks the boards.
- London, England - Billy: A stone walkway next to the Tower Bridge. Can be seen gears, pillars and a hook. Changes: in the 1st round, can be seen a fog; from the 2nd round, it's night of waning moon.
- New York, USA - Axel: The fight takes in a fight ring. Can be seen veichles, light structures with Axel's potraits and the buildings of the city. Changes: in the 1st round, sunset; from the 2nd round, night.
- Pamplona, Spain - Laurence: The Plaza de Toros. Can be seen a crowd, bulls runing, flags, bands and the inscription TORILES in the gates. Also can be spotted, in the background, the Pamplona Cathedral. Changes: in the 1st round, it's day; from the 2nd round, night.
- Mittelbirge Castle, Germany - Krauser: A golden and luxurious castle. Can be seen structures, windows, a fire pyre, dragon and skull statues, pillars, curtains, stairs and a symphonic orchestra. Intro: a small close of the roof, descending to the point of the stage.
- The Neo Geo commercials tell two mini story arcs, one centering on Terry and the other focusing on the girl in the commercials, Miki Hareyama. Terry's story was mostly involved in action scenes and him journeying. After she meets him and takes an interest in him, Miki follows Terry. When she hears that he would be leaving town, she hurries to see him a final time.
- Virtual Console page
- Neo Geo 60 sec commercial
- Neo Geo 30 sec commercial: Part A
- Neo Geo 30 sec commercial: Part B
- SNES 30 second commercial
- SNES 15 second commercial
- Comparison vid with various home consoles
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|