Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fatalities can occur in the Samurai Shodown series when the victorious character makes a final lethal attack against their opponent.
Some times the losing character is simply killed, signified by their coffin being removed from the battlefield. A few instances show a more graphic and explicit death animation. On rare occasion, a "double fatality" may occur. The two characters reappear, uninjured, in the next match.
Nakoruru and Rimururu were initially immune to fatalities up till Samurai Shodown 4. However, in subsequent games, they are now vulnerable and can be killed.
These occur when a character is split in half and several "items" come out, which then vanish, granting the winner points. The items represent the victim's personality.
A partial listing of the items:
- Nicotine Caffeine: o-fuda card, which he normally uses to summon creatures in combat
- Cham Cham: bananas
- Charlotte Christine de Colde: roses, which she usually throws as part of her taunt
- Earthquake: cooked chicken, which he eats upon victory
- Haohmaru: gold coins
- Hanzo Hattori: shuriken
- Genjuro Kibagami: hanafuda cards
- Nakoruru: petals
- Kyoshiro Senryo: fans
- Genan Shiranui: skulls
- Neinhalt Sieger: brass shells (for his gun)
- Ukyo Tachibana: apples (the sort he throws as part of a move)
- Galford D. Weller: bones (which he usually feeds Poppy)