Gandara in Samurai Shodown 64
|Weight||525kg (1,157 lbs)|
|Job/Occupation||Yuga's puppet bodyguard|
Gandara (巖陀羅) is the name given to a monstrous creature created by Yuga the Destroyer in the Samurai Shodown series. It is voiced by Masago Katasumi. Gandara is symbolized by a fetus and the same stylized eye shared among Yuga and all of its servants.
Gandara is a monster comprised of thousands of corpses stitched and held together through Yuga's use of forbidden magic. Yuga uses it as a bodyguard, but despite its overwhelming strength, Gandara was defeated by Kazuki and Sogetsu Kazama. When Yuga revives himself in Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage, Gandara is made en masse and produced in some kind of factory. One of these is defeated by Hanzo in his ending.
This is another puppet of Yuga, but it seems to be in pain somehow. It's a berserk creature, but it will always obey its master. During the events of Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage, Gandara served the role as the slow powerful tank in Yuga's massive army.
- Superhuman Strength - Gandara is exceptionally strong. It is able to rip a gigantic boulder off the ground and throw it at the enemy.
Gandara is a clumsy fighter. It is very strong, but it will often lose its balance and fall while fighting. It is unable to block opponent's attacks and will instead absorb them with its thick armor. Most of its attacks are unblockable. Its weaknesses lie within its slow movements and recovery time.
- Gandara - Samurai Shodown 64
- Gandara (Zanmaden) (巌蛇羅 （斬魔伝）) - Samurai Shodown 64-2 - the name of latter track includes part of Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage original Japanese title, so correct reading of it would be "Gandara (Warriors Rage edition)".
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - during Akari's super
- SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos - if Shiki is defeated by Red Arremer, she will turn into Gandara
- A guide detailing the process of creating Gandara (describing the way it was created by Yuga) can be found on this page of old SNK site. You can find english translation of this guide on Gandara discussion page