Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hiroaki (ヒロアキ), whose full name is speculated to be Hiroaki Hashimoto (ハシモト ヒロアキ, Hashimoto Hiroaki), is an illustrator for SNK Playmore. He was born on July 9 in Marugame, Kagawa. He attended Osaka University Arts for a design major but quit after a year to join SNK in 1998. After SNK dissolved, he became a freelancer. He is best known to fans for his work in Buriki One and the more recent The King of Fighters iterations.
His art is known for its quasi-realistic take on characters, giving them an unique polished look (almost like an oil painting) with humanistic proportions and a metallic feel to them. He strives to sketch the characters he's assigned in "confident and daring poses" so that their fans can feel prouder to use them. His biggest personal lament are the female and popular characters, as he struggles to make them charming as well as not "outshining" the others.
He's considered by many members of the company to be the protege of Shinkiro. Their teacher-student relationship started when Shinkiro asked him to create a poster for The King of Fighters 2000. He was personally critiqued by the veteran artist on his technique and coloring of the piece, which Hiroaki has taken to heart ever since. They continued to bounce back their thoughts and ideas until the company disbanded. In an interview with the company's artists, he relates his biggest pressure for King of Fighters is "matching Shinkiro's quality" as the latter's art has been in the minds of fans for years.
- Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition
- Buriki One
- Kizuna Encounter (character designer for the unreleased Kizuna Encounter Special Edition, promotional)
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves (promotional)
- The King of Fighters (2000-2003 -various promotional art; XI -main illustrator; XIV -art )
- The King of Fighters EX: Neo Blood (promotional)
- The King of Fighters EX2
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - main illustrator
- The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match - llustrator, cover, promotional
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - main illustrator
- The King of Fighters: Orochi Saga (cover, promotional)
- The King of Fighters: NESTS Saga (cover, promotional)
- KOF Sky Stage
- Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting - for artwork for the returning KOF Sky Stage characters and Omega Rugal
- The King of Fighters 2 (label, promotional)
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (cover, promotional)
- SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition - for select rare cards
- SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS - for select rare cards
- SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 - cover for the 2009 PSP version
- Garou Densetsu The Legend of Wild Wolf (label, promotional)
- Garou Densetsu Special (label, promotional)
- Garou Densetsu Sougeki
- KOF x Garou Densetsu - card illustrations
- The King of Fighters Moe x 2 Fighters + - Bros Comics, published by Enterbrain; front cover.
- The King of Fighters 2001 Anthology Comic 1 - Bros Comics, published by Enterbrain; front cover.
- The King of Fighters 2001 Anthology Comic 2 - Bros Comics, published by Enterbrain; front cover.
- The King of Fighters 2001 ~ More Than Human (light novel by Ureshino: art)
- The King of Fighters 2001 ~ The Gods Themselves (light novel by Ureshino: art)
- The King of Fighters - Fighting Evolution 10th - published by Futabasha; cover art
- The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition for NESiCAxLive - promotional art
- The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match for NESiCAxLive - promotional art
- Lord of Vermilion RE: 2 - for Kyo's card and Iori's card