Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This list is incomplete. You can help improving it by editing!
- "Remember me? "Dragon Kick" Hwa Jai."
- "I need to loosen up."
The King of Fighters XIIIEdit
- Andy: "You used to work for Geese.... Why are you here!?"
- Hwa: "I've cut ties with Geese now, but there's a little matter of revenge I have to take care of. I don't have time to waste on you! I'll put you to sleep with my Dragon Kick!"
- Hwa: "I hate effeminate types like you."
- Ash: "That's no way to say hello! If you have a problem with me, then why don't you just go home? No one will care if you leave. No one will care about you, period!"
- Hwa: "I'm saying you guys tick me off so much! I want to bash your face in! I just wanna plant my foot right into your face! Here I come, girly boy!"
- Ash: "I have more important things to do, but I suppose I can spend a millisecond to take care of you."
- Hwa: "I can't stand it when little brats like you prance around acting like they know everything about fighting! What on earth could you possibly know? You were still wearing diapers a week ago!"
- Athena: "I am younger than you, but I still do believe I know what fighting is about!"
- Benimaru: "Whoa there, buddy. Your ugliness might be contagious, and I can't afford to take that chance. You just stay right there."
- Hwa: "You must have some kind of death wish! I'll rearrange that precious face of yours, and I'll do it for free!"
- Benimaru: "The only one in this conversation in need of some facial reconstruction is you. I'm not a professional, but rest assured, I'm positive that it can't come out any worse!"
- Hwa: "Heh.... Long time no see, Billy. You still letting Geese boss you around?"
- Billy: "Who do you think you're talking to, huh? Did the cobra poison start eating away at your brain or something?"
- Hwa: "Watch your mouth, stick-for-brains! Don't think I'm still the guy I used to be!"
- Billy: "I'm gonna send you on a one-way trip to hell, buddy! It's been a while since I had a chance to bash your face in!"
- Hwa: "............"
- Chin: "What is it? Why are you staring at me like that?"
- Hwa: "Is this old dude gonna suddenly grow twice his size...? Nah, he couldn't. Maybe he can teleport...."
- Chin: "I don't know what you're whispering to yourself, but if you don't attack me soon, I'll have to go first!"
- Clark: "I thought that Muay Thai was a sacred art. But looking at your obvious lack of refinement, I may have to change my stance."
- Hwa: "Shut up, you! I won't have you defiling Muay Thai like that!"
- Clark: "I was saying that you are the one defiling it. Apparently, your lack of refinement is the same as your lack of intelligence."
- Hwa: "You don't look like an ordinary martial artist, but you're still not a real match for Muay Thai!"
- Duo Lon: "I'll show you the difference between a simple fighter and a Hizoku assassin...."
- Hwa: "The only thing you've shown me so far is that talk is cheap!"
- Hwa: "Get lost, woman! KOF isn't some kind of costume party!"
- Elisabeth: "You don't seem to know who you're up against. This should prove to be most amusing. You have sown the seeds of your own insolence, and now you will reap their painful harvest."
- Ash: "When I see you, I'm more certain than ever that human evolution took the wrong course. I mean, just look at your face...."
- Hwa: "What's that supposed to mean!? Are you trying to insult the great Hwa Jai!?"
- Ash: "At least ancient humans had enough instinct to know that they were facing someone much stronger and flee."
- Hwa: "You talk too much! Fortunately, I know exactly how to get you to shut your stinking trap!"
- Ash: "You're a woefully idiotic creature. Maybe in the final moment before I end your pitiful life, you'll have some idea of how stupid you are!"
- Hwa: "Who the heck are you? And what's with those ridiculously tiny flames?"
- Iori: "These flames will be the end of you and your miserable little existence...."
- Hwa: "Hah! Are you kidding me!? Do you want to get torn apart by my Dragon Kick, punk?"
- Iori: "The least you can do is go down quietly. Let the only sound be the fire's gentle crackling on your charred remains."
- Hwa: "I bet you're worried about how on Earth you and your hulking body are supposed to keep up with my moves!"
- Daimon: "I thought you'd be the one worrying. You can't afford to make one wrong move. If I get a hold of you even once, you're done for!"
- Hwa 1: "Who the heck are you!? Stop trying to imitate the great Hwa Jai!"
- Hwa 2: "Shut up! You're the one that's a fake!"
- Hwa 1: "Monkey see, monkey do.... I'll tear that fake skin of yours right off your monkey back!"
- Hwa 2: "That's my line, you stupid copy! I'll drown you in the Chao Phraya!"
- Hwa: "Ugh, there's that skinny little brat again! Are you trying to piss me off?"
- Saiki: "Are you mistaking me for somebody else? I've got an idea who it might be...."
- Hwa: "Whatever, man! I'm just gonna go ahead and kick your face in with my Dragon Kick, just to be sure!"
- Iori: "Hmph. Get lost, loser...."
- Hwa: "What's that!? You dare pick a fight with the mighty Thai fighter, Hwa!?"
- Iori: "You think this will just be a fight? You're far more stupid than you look."
- Joe: "Well, look who we have here! If it isn't Former Champion Hwa Jai! What brings you here? Let me guess, you're here to cheer me on to victory, so when I win, everyone will know that you got beaten by the best in the world."
- Hwa: "Still the cocky idiot you always were, Joe. It's about time I put a stop to your endless ramblings! I'll shred you to pieces with my reborn Dragon Tooth!"
- Hwa: "Well well, what have we here? Another kid with a mean look in his eyes!"
- K': "Who are you to talk down to anyone? Have you looked in a mirror lately?"
- Hwa: "None of your back-talk, you little rat! Just say 'Yes, sir', like a good kid!"
- K': "...Are you even sane? What a waste of time."
- Hwa: "......"
- Kim: "Why do you avert your eyes, Hwa? Is something troubling you?"
- Hwa: "N-No, there isn't! I'm certainly not trying to figure out how to run away or anything!"
- Kim: "Hwa, I think you and I need to have a long, quiet talk...."
- Hwa: "You aren't seriously telling me those dance steps of yours are supposed to be Muay Thai, are you!?"
- King: "Hello to you, too.... What if I am?"
- Hwa: "Well, first I would kick that mouth of yours in!"
- King: "Hm. Why don't you try and see just how close you can get before you hit the floor?"
- Kula: "Oh! Mister Weird Guy! What's that you're drinking there? Please tell me!"
- Hwa: "W-Weird guy!? Are you talking about me, kid?"
- Kula: "Tell me, what is it!? Is it tasty? Sweet? Is it cold?"
- Hwa: "Sh-Shut up! You're really starting to annoy me, you pest!"
- Hwa: "Kusanagi style? Never heard of it! And what's this 1800 years of history nonsense? The origins of Muay Thai lie in ancient India! In terms of history you don't even compare!"
- Kyo: "Tell me something I don't know! I'm not here to debate history! We're fighting in the present. We're here to decide who's the strongest fighter in the world NOW! It's a rhetorical question, by the way! The answer is obvious!"
- Hwa: "Hmph. You've got a good pair of eyes for a kid. They look as if they've seen a lot."
- Leona: "Yes.... Probably a lot more than yours."
- Hwa: "Hey, don't get all full of yourself just because I praised you a bit! Show me what you've seen that makes you so special!"
- Mai: "Huh? No way! Why!? Why is there another one of you underpants people here!?"
- Hwa: "Underpants people!? Wait a minute.... You're talking about Joe, aren't ya? ...Oh, and you're the last person to criticize others for wearing too little, by the way."
- Hwa: "Are you for real? Do you think I crawled all the way back from Hell to be beaten by some chick like you?"
- Mature: "Someone there must have turned the heat down really low if YOU managed to get out of there. Well, you're in luck, I'll give you a special treat! I'll give you a taste of what Hell is REALLY like!"
- Hwa: "Are you that private sandbad I ordered? You look like you're gonna be a lot of fun to kick!"
- Maxima: "I think you're making a mistake here, and I should warn you that kicking me would not be a wise move. If you did, it'd probably break every bone in those precious legs of yours."
- Hwa: "I don't take any lip from my sandbags! I'll shut you up once and for all!"
- Hwa: "Niiiiice. Looks like they finally found me someone appropriately showy to fight with! The True King of Muay Thai versus the Masked Karate Man! This is gonna be a match to remember! Hee hee!"
- Mr. Karate: "You think this is all a show? You'll soon learn the gravity of the situation...."
- Kyo: "Are you sure you're gonna be okay, man? Muay Thai rules don't apply here."
- Hwa: "Don't you worry about stuff like that. I'd worry more about myself if I was you. There's no referee to stop the fight when you're lying on the floor bleeding to death!"
- Kyo: "And there'll be no one to put you out once you're covered in fire, either."
- Hwa: "When we were still Geese's pets you may have been second only to Billy Kane.... But both of us are free now, right? We should settle who's the best once and for all!"
- Raiden: "Geh heh heh, sounds good! I was thinking the exact same thing!"
- Hwa: "Then that settles it! Both you and Joe have been a pain in my ass for far too long now!"
- Hwa: "Finally! Someone who looks like they might be fun to have a fight with!"
- Ralf: "I deal with life or death situations every day in my line of work. A fight is nothing I can't handle."
- Hwa: "Well, if you put it like that, I suppose it would be polite to extend you an official invitation! Let me treat you to my full seven-course dinner of death! Bon apetit!"
- Ralf: "I've survived off of eating nothing but mud. I think I can stomach that little appetizer of yours!"
- Hwa: "Something tells me I'm going to really enjoy pummeling that pretty-boy face of yours. He he he...."
- Robert: "Sorry to burst your teeny little bubble, but I'm afraid the world doesn't work that way. Everything's already been laid out to ensure my perfect victory!"
- Hwa: "Whatever, karate man! You're getting a Dragon Kick right in the FACE!"
- Hwa: "'The Invincible Dragon'" Don't make me laugh! You'd better ditch that name right now!"
- Ryo: "Hey, it's not like I gave myself the nickname. Even still, it's going to take more than you to get me to change it. If you want me to change my name, why don't you try and take it from me, huh? Strength is all that matters here, after all!"
- Hwa: "You think some karate man from some poor dojo in the middle of nowhere can defeat the True Champion!? He he he! Then I'll grant your wish and feed you to my Dragon Kick!"
- Saiki: "Who are you? What business could an insect like you possibly think you have with me?"
- Hwa: "Insect!? Did you just call me, Hwa Jai, an insect!?"
- Saiki: "Yes, I called you an insect because you are an insect! And now you will cast yourself into the flames like the stupid insect you are!"
- Hwa: "Are you the one who's going around calling himself the 'God of War'!? What am I then, chopped liver!?"
- Shen: "Well, they do say you are what you eat.... Who the heck are you, anyway, lowlife?"
- Hwa: "Remember my name! I am Hwa Jai, the true King of Muay Thai! The world's most legendary Thai fighter!"
- Shen: "I don't remember every punching bag I hit! If you want me to remember your name, you're gonna have to give me a reason!"
- Hwa: "Psycho Powers!? Bah. BAH! It's because you rely on nonsense like that you're still less than a second-tier fighter!"
- Kensou: "Isn't the same thing true about you, since you're relying on that weird drink of yours?"
- Hwa: "....... That's it, you impudent kid! You kept campaigning for that beatdown, the votes are counted, and you got elected! You're gonna get a Dragon Kick right in the teeth!"
- Kensou: "(What the heck is his problem!? Why's he going off all of a sudden? This guy's insane!)"
- Takuma: "Strength, skill, and experience. You excel at all of these and yet...."
- Hwa: "What do you mean yet? There are no yets or ifs when it comes to my strength!"
- Takuma: "And yet what you lack is a calm and clear mind, you pathetic fool. It doesn't matter how skilled a martial artist you are, if you do not have the correct state of mind to pair with it."
- Hwa: "Shut up, you old geezer! Hwa Jai does not take advice from a Karateka!"
- Terry: "You look familiar. We've met before, right? What's your name again? Hwy...? Hwo...? Hwat...?"
- Hwa: "It's Hwa Jai! HWA JAI! And don't you forget it!"
- Terry: "Oh yeah, now I remember! Sorry about that.... You're former champion Hwa! Joe has your belt, right?"
- Hwa: "Oh, you must think you're freaking hilarious. You wanna be startin' something, is that it? I'll break your friggin' neck!"
- Vice: "Muay Thai? That's where you dance around like you're fighting, right? Yeah, I've heard of that. I don't need a ballet dancer like you. Especially since you're not even a champion ballet dancer."
- Hwa: "You.... You dare insult me, and the art of Muay Thai as well!? Bring it on, woman! I'll hit you so hard they'll need a telescope to find you! You're going into SPACE!"
- Hwa: "What!? Another girl!? This tournament has really gone downhill!"
- Yuri: "Um, sir, this is the 21st century and equal rights for men and women are the established global standard! In fact, the age of women has only just begun! You might be surprised by what a strong woman can do!"
- Hwa: "G-Glob...? Sh-Sh-Shut up! Stop talking nonsense! There's no place for girls here, and if words alone don't convince you, then my feet will show you that there are some places where women just can't compete!"
- "I'm not the man I used to be, you know? You'd do well to remember that!" (Vs. Andy)
- "KOF just isn't what it used to be. They're even letting infants join now!" (Vs. Ash)
- "The real champion has arrived! Evacuate women and children first!" (Vs. Athena)
- "Shoot boxing? Never heard of that crap! Well, it can't compare to Muay Thai anyways!" (Vs. Benimaru)
- "Come on, Billy! Did your pride break along with that silly little stick of yours? Hee hee hee!" (Vs. Billy)
- "I had to be really cautious there.... I know better than to underestimate old Chinese masters." (Vs. Chin)
- "You think you can take on Muay Thai!? You're not cut out for fighting, idiot." (Vs. Clark)
- "What? Out already? Get up! I'm not done with you yet!" (Vs. Daimon)
- "I don't know about this Hizoku business, but your footwork is a mess!" (Vs. Duo Lon)
- "That was close! I almost did it again. I have a bit of a record, you see?" (Vs. Elisabeth)
- "Time? What about it? Seems to have stopped for you, hasn't it?" (Vs. Evil Ash)
- "Looks like those flames aren't doing you any good, huh? You're too green to get in the ring with me!" (Vs. Flames Iori)
- "Who are you trying to fool, huh? You don't look the least bit like me!" (Vs. Himself)
- "You talk big, but you didn't last very long, did ya? You're nothing but henchman material! Gya ha ha ha!" (Vs. Human Saiki)
- "Hey, not bad, he he he. Maybe I'll make you my second!" (Vs. Iori)
- "What goes around comes around, Joe! This time you're the one on the floor!" (Vs. Joe)
- "Get out of here before I kick you to death, you filthy sewer rat!" (Vs. K')
- "Pork buns aren't a good diet! If you want power, you need to eat more cobras, like I do!" (Vs. Kensou)
- "Does this mean I've graduated from that school of yours, Professor Kim? Hya ha ha!" (Vs. Kim)
- "You call that Muay Thai!? You're just dancing around like a fool!" (Vs. King)
- "Stop crying before I kick your face in! Your whining makes my skin crawl!" (Vs. Kula)
- "Japanese martial arts!? Whatever! Muay Thai will conquer all!" (Vs. Kyo)
- "You think a little girl can withstand my mighty Dragon Kick!? Get outta here!" (Vs. Leona)
- "Are you with that blonde ninja brat? You can't beat me with cheap tricks!" (Vs. Mai)
- "Strapped for cash? Bet all your money on me! You'll be rich in no time! Hya ha ha!" (Vs. Mature)
- "Hey you! Get your big hunk of junk off my road to victory!" (Vs. Maxima)
- "You can wear all the stupid masks you want, but you're still a third rate fighter, you loser!" (Vs. Mr. Karate)
- "You've got promise, kid. I'll make you my sparring partner! That'll put some bulk on you! Hya ha ha!" (Vs. NESTS-Styled Kyo)
- "Hey, Raiden.... How about the two of us team up with Billy next time?" (Vs. Raiden)
- "Too slow! I'd need to stand still for at least 100 years for you to hit me!" (Vs. Ralf)
- "So this is the Kyokugen style people always talk about? Not much, is it?" (Vs. Robert)
- "How did you ever survive in South Town!? You must've been pretty darn lucky!" (Vs. Ryo)
- "You're acting like a big shot, but even Geese had more dignity than you." (Vs. Saiki)
- "Did you really think a stray like you could defeat the Dragon's Tooth!?" (Vs. Shen)
- "You should be old enough to understand that Muay Thai beats karate any day!" (Vs. Takuma)
- "Get back to South Town before the fans start losing faith in you, Mr. Hero!" (Vs. Terry)
- "Break my bones!? Looks like you're the one with the broken leg there! Hya ha ha!" (Vs. Vice)
- "What's with that look on your face!? Are you mesmerized by my strength?" (Vs. Yuri)