Iroha in Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting
|Birthplace||Osshu (Mutsu Province), Urushiyama|
|Height||160 cm (5' 3")|
|Weight||She won't tell|
|Blood type||She won't tell|
|Job/Occupation||Maid to her "master"|
|Likes||River snails, Dojo loach|
|Dislikes||Hunting, rifles, bear traps|
|Special skill||House work (cooking, cleaning, ect.)|
|Most unpleasant||.... (she seems to have an inferiority complex)|
|Measurements (bust, waist, hip)||91-59-85 cm|
|Weapon||Hourin Ousai (鳳麟・凰嘴, Hourin Ousai), two stylized butterfly swords|
|Fighting style||A way that serves her master best|
Her conception began due to a desire to add an amorous character. At first, she was designed to be a mostly nude character though eventually her image changed with "a graceful crane" and "Asian wife" motif. Her namesake is taken from the Heian poem of the same name which is a pangram used for learning the hiragana syllabary.
She is a very popular character in Japan, and stars in her own mobile game called Maid by Iroha. Another game based around her was scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS, but was canceled. She has also been added to a roster of usable characters in the Queen's Blade series, which is an extension of the fantasy game series, Lost Worlds. She also has several different figurines, hard cast and otherwise, made in her image.
She is a crane who transforms herself into a Japanese maid. She serves her master and appears to think of him as the most important aspect of her life. Her master is unknown, but is likely to be the player him/herself as she often bows and speaks to the player before and after her fights. Creators have confirmed this in an interview, adding that she is specifically talking to the male players.
Iroha is an obedient and cheerful maiden. She deeply cares for her master, trying her hardest to stay in her human form whilst in front of him.
- Transformation - Iroha can change into her original shape whenever she needs.
- Feather Projectile - Iroha can shoot a razor sharp feather.
She fights with two butterfly swords and relies on her speed for close ranged combat. She can also double jump. Several of her moves hint to her original form as a crane such as her projectile (a white feather) and her normal fighting stance. The most obvious reference is her POW move, where she grabs her opponent and, behind shoji doors, disrobes and physically beats her foe. Her silhouette during this sequence briefly changes into a crane.
- Yuzuru no Mai (Dance of the Evening Crane) - Samurai Shodown VI; performed by Maho Kayuri
- Mayumi Shindou - Samurai Shodown VI, Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
- Saori Gotō - Samurai Spirits Oni
- Days of Memories (Ōedo Ren'ai Emaki, Kaze Maiu Miyako de Tsukamaete!) - unplayable
- Maid by Iroha
- Koi no Iroha ~Sakura Saku Haru~
- Koi no Iroha ~Himawari Kagayaku Natsu~
- Koi no Iroha ~Momiji Iro Tsuku Aki~
- Koi no Iroha ~Sazanka Chiru Fuyu ~
- Moeyo! SNK Gals Osuin Katoukai
- SNK Gals Island Beauty Dungeon Mimi to Kimashita! - as an event character only