- This list is incomplete. You may help improve it just by editing!
|"Saku saku Ikuze!"||"Let's do this quickly!"|
|"Kore de mo...KURAE!!!"||"Chew on...THIS!!!"|
|"Ototoi KIYAGARE!"||"GET THE HELL OUTTA MY FACE!"|
|"Mo, ikai yatemiru ka?"||"So, do you want to try that again?"|
|"ORE NO DENSETSU GA!"||"MY LEGEND!"|
- "Hurricane Upper!"
- "Slash Kick!"
- "Tiger Kick!"
- "SCREW UPPER!"
- "I wanna become the strongest guy in the world like my dad by winning this tournament!"
- "Hmm... you're strong, the strongest of all guys I've beaten."
- "All right, I'll be champ if I can keep up this rhythm. Ha ha!"
Story Mode DialogueEdit
After defeating Billy Kane
- Joe: "Yeah! I made it! I am the champion! The battle was so long!"
- (Joe celebrates his victory, until he gets mugged by Geese's agents)
- Agent: "Dude! Geese is calling you! Come with us!!"
- Joe: "What! Geese?!! HUMM..."
- (Joe was taken to Geese's Tower)
Pre-Final Battle vs. Geese Howard
- Geese: "Holy cow! You disturbed my plan again!"
- Joe: "He's a big man! You used to be the best fighter in the world, but now I'll be number one!"
- Geese: "Stupid boy! How about a man to man fight to the death! I cannot lose."
- (Joe kicks Geese off his tower)
- Geese: "WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! (thud)"
- August 13th, 1992, Geese Howard dies in the hospital 3 hours after falling from a high rise.
- (Joe stands atop a cliff overlooking Southdown. His fist is raised in the air in victory.)
- The prologue of the newborn legend
Fatal Fury 2Edit
- "Hee, hee, hee... here comes the stormy man!"
- "It's just a warm-up."
- "Don't be discouraged, I'm too strong!"
- "Kuuu. What a wimp! I didn't even break a sweat!"
- "My power is a mystery of the far east. Ha, ha, ha..."
- "You don't need two strong men." (Vs. Himself)
- (Joe did his victory pose after defeating Krauser)
- May 15, 1993. Joe Higashi becomes the strongest in the world.
- Joe: "It's the beginning of Joe's Legend."
Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- "Heh, heh. Tempest Man enters the ring. Whoosh, whoosh."
- "Oooh. You make me so angry, ya big silly." (Vs. Geese)
- "You guys sure stick out like a gorilla at a lingerie show." (Vs. Terry/Andy)
- "Ruin my image with strange pants, will you!" (Vs. Himself)
- "Cheer up. I'm just too strong for you!"
- "No, no, no! You still aren't fit to lick my shoe soles." (Vs. Geese)
- "The legend of Joe Higashi expands. Soon to be a major motion picture." (Vs. Terry/Andy)
- Joe: "Hyaah. The legend of Joe Higashi begins a new chapter."
Fatal Fury 3Edit
- "What? You again? Well, it looks like I can try out my new moves after all!" (Vs. Andy)
- "What does this babe want from me? Why, a date, of course. Hello, cutie!" (Vs. Blue Mary)
- "Richard warn me about you. Get ready to face the legendary Muetai madman, rookie!" (Vs. Bob)
- "Jeeeez, you're a big guy. But you're still no match for a technician like me!" (Vs. Franco)
- "What?! Still alive? Well, once I get cooking, you won't have much life left." (Vs. Geese)
- "Can't you go somewhere else? Must I always be dogged by those shorts?" (Vs. Himself)
- "Cheng told me all about you, Hon baby. Too bad you can't match my limitless charm." (Vs. Hon Fu)
- "Oh, Mai, you, too? I thought the secret scrolls were, well...a secret." (Vs. Mai)
- "You lookd tough, but I bet with one super Muay Thai kick, you're lunchmeat, buster!" (Vs. Sokaku)
- "I heard from Cheng that something was up. Here I come to save the day!" (Vs. Terry)
Pre-Battle vs. Yamazaki
- (Joe and Cheng witnessed that Yamazaki defeated and injured Hon Fu)
- Cheng: "Oh, the Gods! That's Hon Fu! That crazy fool!"
- Joe: "Cheng. See Hon Fu gets to a hospital! I'm going after that Yamazaki clown!"
- Yamazaki: "Joe Higashi. It's about time we meet. This clown is going to show you his bag of tricks!"
Pre-Battle vs. Jin Chonshu
- Joe: "After I'm through with you, you won't even make a good toothpick!"
- Chonshu: "Wow, you sure knocked Yamazaki senseless. But he was weak. I am not. Call me, Jin Chon Shu. Why? Cause that's my name, fool! Hand me the scrolls! At last, the world and immortality are mine!!! Mine, after waiting in this body for 2,200 long years! The world will all be mine, except for Oshkosh. But first, to take care of you!"
Pre-Battle vs. Jin Chonrei
- Chonrei: "What...? Little brother...? My cute, cherubic little brother... You'll never leave here alive, mousse head!"
- "Aw, get up! I didn't even get started!"
- "Go have Mai look at your wounds and take the first plane back to Japan!" (Vs. Andy)
- "What are you calling undies, toots? This is my formal wear, I'll have you know!" (Blue Mary)
- "So that was the power of Capoeira? You'll excuse me for yawning." (Vs. Bob)
- "Good-lookin' guy. Good-lookin' guys like you are always wimps, right?" (Vs. Franco)
- "Oh, you just steam my egg noodles sometimes, you silly Muay Thai maniac, you!" (Vs. Himself)
- "Whose dress are you making fun of, pal? This guy in undies just kicked you silly!" (Vs. Hon Fu)
- "You saw your action, Mai. Go home fast before Andy and Terry get on my case!" (Vs. Mai)
- "Geez! You're one ugly, disgusting dude. Take a shower, pal! Peeee Uuuuu!" (Vs. Sokaku)
- "Well, Terry, it looks like the neighborhood is in my trusty hands now. Later!" (Vs. Terry)
After defeating Yamazaki
- Yamazaki: "Heh, heh...This is a real treat. Joe Higashi, huh?"
- Joe: "Hold on there, tomodachi! That joker! He knows about the scrolls! I'll have to get tough!"
After defeating Geese Howard
- Geese: "Heh, I still don't believe it. Beaten by this fool in underwear! You're the best, kid. I guess I underestimated you. So tell me one thing: Just where did you buy those shorts?"
- Joe: "Geese!"
- (Geese disappears after his tower burns to the ground)
- ?: "Hey, Joe! Oh, it's just terrible! I don't..."
- Joe: "Get a grip, gramps! My shorts don't look that bad!"
- Cheng: "Not that, bonehead! It's Yamazaki. You've gotta stop him! You're my only hope. Now go, my demented little underwear warrior!"
After defeating Yamazaki again
- Joe: "It's all over. Now be a nice guy and hand over the scrolls! Or do I get tough?"
- Yamazaki: "All right! If you want the scrolls, hustle over to Delta Island. If you dare!"
- (Yamazaki loses consciousness)
- (Somewhere in Delta Park)
- ?: "Joe Higashi. Love those pants, pal. Too bad I'm gonna make you choke on them!"
- Joe: "You talk a good fight, dwarf! Put your fists where your mouth is!"
- (Joe was transported to Delta Park)
- The blood of the Jins is the blood of death. It could only, in the end, conclude this way. March 29, 1995... Joe Higashi saves the world from its evil Jins! The delusions of the Jins were just that. Immortality...the last refuge of corruption!
- Joe: "Hey, I crushed that Geese guy and the Jins! How about going out with me this time?"
Real Bout Fatal FuryEdit
- "Well, beefcake, head on back to Japan!" (Vs. Andy)
- "Uwaaaaah! "Defeat"? What's that mean?" (Vs. Billy)
- "Hey, no one said stun guns are allowed in this match!" (Vs. Blue Mary)
- "Am I the ultimate, or what?" (Vs. Bob)
- "Your little brother's stronger!" (Vs. Chonrei)
- "If you're this sad, your brother must be pathetic!" (Vs. Chonshu)
- "Hey, Duck, if you keep losing like this, you should consider hanging up your feathers!" (Vs. Duck King)
- "You've got a nice kick, but you're no match for me!" (Vs. Franco)
- "What, finished already? What a gyp!" (Vs. Geese)
- "What a wimp! And never mimic me again!" (Vs. Himself)
- "Yeah, you certainly were good. I'll give you that!" (Vs. Hon Fu)
- "Yeah, my footwork is just too much. Right, meat?" (Vs. Kim)
- "If you were cuter, you'd make quite a catch!" (Vs. Mai)
- "Heh, you were strong. Not!!" (Vs. Sokaku)
- "Wow, Terry! You've sure become a weenie!" (Vs. Terry)
- "Orah, orah! Joe wins again!" (Vs. Yamazaki)
Pre-Final Battle DialogueEdit
- Joe: "Oshaaaa! Okay, I'm ready now."
- Geese: "I'm gonna serve you up real good, Joe Higashi!"
Real Bout Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- Joe: Now I can kick back and enjoy life.
- Franco: Yaaaah! Me too. Me too! Waa hah!
- Joe: Oh, quiet! Ya big, silly gorilla!
- Franco: Who are you calling gorilla, monkey man?
- Joe: Who are you calling monkey man? Die, scum!
- "Wow! Now I'm pumped!"
- "Get serious, or get in traction!" (Vs. Andy)
- "Hey! You might poke an eye out!" (Vs. Billy)
- "After this, how 'bout some gator?" (Vs. Cheng)
- "Hey, little guy, isn't it naptime?" (Vs. Chonrei/Chonshu)
- "Prepare yourself, Geese!" (Vs. Geese)
- "That was one creepy dude!" (Vs. Himself)
- "Boy, you're one mean competitor!" (Vs. Krauser)
- "Hey, lose that silly mustache!" (Vs. Laurence)
- "Don't get too sweet on me, toots!" (Vs. Mai)
- "What are you, a magician?" (Vs. Sokaku)
- "Don't be so Wof yourself!" (Vs. Terry)
- "Hey, sorry 'bout that old-timer." (Vs. Tung)
- "At last, someone crazier than I am!" (Vs. Yamazaki)
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2Edit
- "Wait a second! Is that it?"
- "Think you can win? Dream on, loser!"
The King of Fighters '94Edit
- "Even an army can't beat us!" (Vs. Brazil Team)
- "Times are changing... Remember!" (Vs. China Team)
- "Well, I've warned you!" (Vs. England Team)
- "Don't claim to be us, weakling!" (Vs. Italy Team)
- "You really don't know me?" (Vs. Japan Team)
- "Why! I'm disappointed!" (Vs. Korea Team)
- "Maybe we were too strong!" (Vs. Mexico Team)
- "All of you are just big!" (Vs. U.S.A. Team)
The King of Fighters '95Edit
- "Sorry about your nose; I can recommend a good doctor!"
- "At this pace, I can win before lunch. Yo-shaaaa!"
- "You never had a chance against the kick-boxing king!"
The King of Fighters '96Edit
- "I saw right through you like... well,something transparent."
- "Tough luck,guys,you got the short straw with me."
- "If I were you,I'd role over and pretend to be dead."
The King of Fighters '98Edit
- "How's that? I'm the Satan of martial arts."
The King of Fighters '99Edit
- "You bring a song to mind. Heard of the 'loser blues?'"
The King of Fighters 2000Edit
- "Can you hear it? Huh? Those cheers are for me!"
- "Hey, don't throw in the towel so soon!"
The King of Fighters 2001Edit
- "I'm bleeding invincible! I just cannot lose!"
- "You let me win? Hmph! All losers say that!"
- "Like my victory pose!? Orah! Orah!"
- "Silly chicksters! You've seen my stuff! Hyah!" (Vs. Girls Team)
- "Now I think you know! Morality doesn't win fights!" (Vs. Korea Team)
- "Hee-yah! Without me, this team's lost!" (Vs. Terry/Andy/Blue Mary)
The King of Fighters 2002Edit
- "That's the best you got? No wonder I blew you away!"
- "My muetai can't be beat! I'm invisible! Wait a minute..?" (Hold B)
- "Want me to back off a bit? Buy me lunch and I'll think about it." (Hold C)
- "Tora, tora, what? Lighten up, dude!" (Vs. Ramon)
The King of Fighters 2003Edit
- "Yeah! I'm in my groove! Bring on the next corpse!"
- "OK! Aim the cameras here! It's time for my monologue!"
- "Look at me! I'm Mr. KOF! Dig this fab physique!"
- "Ora! Ora! Next! Bring on the next victim!"
- "You rookies ain't just got it. I'm what you ought to be!" (Vs. Ash/Shen/Malin)
- "This KOF's totally turbulent, too, 'cause I'm the stormbringer!" (Vs. Chizuru/Maki)
- "You look a little green. Had raw oysters for dinner?" (Vs. Duo Lon)
- "Ouch! You shouldn't use a whip on a half-naked opponent!" (Vs. Whip)
The King of Fighters XIIEdit
- "You brothers are just a little too high profile!" (Vs. Andy/Terry)
- "Sorry kiddo! I just can't hold back, no matter who the opponent!" (Vs. Athena)
- "Maybe it's just me, but do you really think you're cut out to represent good ol' Nippon?" (Vs. Daimon)
- "Knock it off with all that yapping! Now hurry up and get out of here, you loser!" (Vs. Elisabeth)
- "Still making a big deal about all this Orochi business? Seems you guys just can't get enough!" (Vs. Iori)
- "1800 years of history, eh? No stinking antique fighting style is gonna take me down!" (Vs. Kyo)
- "Ah, that's a tough one... Losing sure is hard to take, eh?" (Vs. Leona)
- "You get it now? Who do you think the real "Raging Tiger" is, huh?" (Vs. Robert)
- "Muay Thai isn't ant better than Karate. I'm just stronger than you, that's all." (Vs. Ryo)
The King of Fighters XIIIEdit
- Joe: "Hey, how's it going, Andy? Mai still got you wrapped around her finger?"
- Andy: "Th-That's not how it is! What's that got to do with this fight, anyway?"
- Joe: "Nothing! But you should have seen your face change colors! Man, you really need to work on your poker face!"
- Ash: "You've got quite some nerve, telling the 'Legend of Joe' all by yourself. I have to admire that, in a way."
- Joe: "Glad to hear that! I guess you're not too bad either. You sure sashay like a pro! That'll make it a lot more fun to kick your face in! I can hardly contain myself!"
- Ash: "You're going to have a hard time containing your internal organs, soon. We'll just see who ends up getting their face reconstructed!"
- Joe: "Hey, how've you been, Athena? I'm always rooting for ya when I see you on TV!"
- Athena: "Thanks, Joe! I always try my hardest to honor my fans!"
- Joe: "Well, sadly, I'm gonna have to disappoint some of those fans today. You see, today is my day to shine!"
- Athena: "We'll just see about that, Joe!"
- Benimaru: "Hey, champ! Look, we all know that you're going to lose, so could you do me a favor and fall over a bit more dramatically?"
- Joe: "Should you be up? Your medication obviously isn't working yet! I'm the champ because I don't lose! In fact, someone must have torn the L section out of my dictionary, cuz I don't know the meaning of the word lose!"
- Benimaru: "Well, I guess I'll play teacher, then. It's time for you to get reacquainted with the bitter taste of defeat!"
- Billy: "Are you ready? I'll make sure you ain't ever gonna bother my little sister again!"
- Joe: "Hey now, that's no way for an older brother to behave! You can't keep your little sis on a leash forever, you know?"
- Billy: "I've had enough of your backtalk! I'm gonna turn you into crocodile food!"
- Joe: "Let it go, gramps! Why would you waste the last years of your life getting pounded on in these things? I don't want people to accuse me of abusing the elderly, so just retire already and drink lots of green tea. It's got antioxidants!"
- Chin: "You may have a point.... Okay, I'll take that Muay Thai champion belt from you and retire!"
- Joe: "Ha ha ha! That's a good one, old man! You are very shrewd, very wise. You're a very cunning opponent!"
- Joe: "A joke of a pro wrestler who turned mercenary and put on shades. I'll stamp 'Mission Failed' on your forehead real quick!"
- Clark: "Man, you never change, do you? Where exactly do you get all that false machismo from? Maybe if I break your arms you won't be able to pat yourself on the back."
- Joe: "What are you blabbing about? Save your nonsense until after you've won!"
- Joe: "Well aren't you a shady character? Don't you think for a second that a Muay Thai fighter is afraid of ghosts, though!"
- Duo Lon: "I see.... There is truth in what you speak. The living are far more dreadful than the dead, after all."
- Joe: "Emo kid, I didn't understand a damn thing you just said. Enough talking! Let's get this show on the road!"
- Joe: "OHH YEAAAH! Joe Higashi, Summoner of Storms, has entered the stage!"
- Elisabeth: "What a noisy entrance. I hope you're not all cry and little wool."
- Joe: "Are you calling me a sheep!? You're gonna regret the day that you insulted the great Joe Higashi!"
- Joe: "Hmmm? You're...Ash Crimson, aren't you?"
- Ash: "What does it matter at this moment if you know who I am? At this moment, all human history is about to be expunged. Turned into nothing but ashes!"
- Joe: "I'm sick of listening to your endless boasting! Grandstanding is MY job! I'll pound your face in first and ask questions later!"
- Joe: "Ugh, not this guy again. This is the 21st century, man! Nobody cares about goths anymore! We're in the business to show our strength, not to look emo!"
- Iori: "...Are you done yapping yet? Then shut up. Your voice is like a thousand fingernails on the world's largest blackboard."
- Joe: "We're both fighting for Japan! So, let's make this a clean fight, okay?"
- Daimon: "You can count on that! We'll show everyone what Japanese men are made of!"
- Joe: "Great! Make sure you fight well! The better you look, the better I, Joe Higashi, will look when I win this match!"
- Joe 1: "You again! Are you trying to ruin my image again with those weird shorts of yours!?"
- Joe 2: "You're the one with the freaky shorts! I'll have you know these are my official super awesome victory trunks!"
- Joe 1: "Oh, shut up! I'll make you take those shorts off by force if I have to!"
- Joe 2: "That's my line, faker! Get ready to be humiliated! Your shorts are going down!"
- Joe: "I hear you possess some kind of strange power.... But I am Joe Higashi, Summoner of Storms! I'll blow you and your useless little flames out in the blink of an eye!"
- Saiki: "I used to think of ignorance as a sin, but it can actually be kind of cute once it's been honed to perfection by someone like you. The idiocy of mankind never ceases to amaze me! Do they call you the 'Legendary Moron' or something?"
- Joe: "Well, look who we have here! If it isn't Former Champion Hwa Jai! What brings you here? Let me guess, you're here to cheer me on to victory, so when I win, everyone will know that you got beaten by the best in the world."
- Hwa Jai: "Still the cocky idiot you always were, Joe. It's about time I put a stop to your endless ramblings! I'll shred you to pieces with my reborn Dragon Tooth!"
- Iori: "You think I'm easy to deal with now that I've lost my flames, huh? Fool."
- Joe: "Ha! I thought you were easy to deal with when you still had your flames. You look like some washed-up goth band member to me! You're up against Joe Higashi here! I can push you over with a single breath!"
- Iori: "Your breath could topple an elephant. Die already!"
- Joe: "You're always saying you hate KOF so much, but somehow you always manage to show up here. Just admit it! You love the attention!"
- K': "Just cram it.... You're getting on my nerves!"
- Kim: "I've been hearing rumors that you've started to take disciples as well, Joe."
- Joe: "Well, it's nothing as official as disciples, but I'm teaching some people some stuff, yeah."
- Kim: "Yet I assume you will quit your current profession in favor of coaching?"
- Joe: "Heck no! I'll be doing this forever! I'll be Joe the Champ 'til the day I die!"
- Joe: "Let me just tell you that your fake Muay Thai isn't going to stand a chance against the real thing!"
- King: "*sigh* I'm getting so sick of these guys acting like they have the only opinion that counts. Who cares what you think is fake and what you call real!? Looks like the only way to shut you up for good is to show you once and for all who's stronger!"
- Joe: "Right! Losers don't get to do any explaining! That's the iron rule in this world!"
- Joe: "This urchin is my next opponent? Are you serious!? You cannot be serious!"
- Kula: "Hey, what's an urchin!? Can I eat it? Does it taste good!? Come on, tell me!"
- Joe: "Well, yeah, you can eat it, but.... Arrgh! This is why I hate having kids at fighting tournaments! Let's just finish this!"
- Kula: "What are you so angry about? You're weird.... Did I make you hungry or something?"
- Kyo: "So, uh.... Are you sure that leaving the Muay Thai ring was such a good idea? You could've been an undefeated champ if you'd just kept fighting in the Muay Thai ring...."
- Joe: "And you'd be undefeated if you just sat around protecting your ancient rituals. You're here for the same reason I am. We both need to test ourselves against the best of the best!"
- Kyo: "I hate to admit it but you're probably right!"
- Joe: "I won't be so boorish as to poke fun at you for being a woman. Come and get it if you think you've got what it takes!"
- Leona: "I will. That is my mission."
- Joe: "Great, let's do this! I'll show you the strength of an undefeated champion!"
- Joe: "Because we're friends, let me give you some advice: You really need to stop wearing those revealing outfits! You look like you have no shame, you know? If my girlfriend wore stuff like that, I wouldn't let her leave the house!"
- Mai: "Revealing!? No shame!? This is the traditional ninja garb of the Shiranui family! And where do you get off telling people what they should wear, Boxer Boy!?"
- Mature: "How are you, Mr. World Champion? Listen, could you just forfeit? You're in the way."
- Joe: "What!? You dumb blonde! You think you can talk to the mighty Joe Higashi like that!? You're going to regret the day you disrespected me! Don't think you'll get off easy just because you're a woman!"
- Joe: "Yahoooooo! Here's Hurricane Joe, bringing the storm!"
- Maxima: "I was wondering what all the noise was. You sure like to make a loud entrance every time."
- Joe: "Shut up, you robofreak! I'll turn you into scrap before you can say 'syntax error'!"
- Maxima: "*sigh* ...I'm not a robot, I'm a cyborg. Why can't people understand!?"
- Joe: "The Legendary Karateka!? First wolves, now Karateka.... Legends sure come cheap in South Town, don't they? Right, let me teach you a valuable lesson in what it means to be a real legend! They call me the Summoner of Storms! I am Joe Higashi, the Living Legend!"
- Mr. Karate: "Just stop talking and attack me already!"
- Joe: "Well, I guess even a dud like you can always serve to make the truly talented people look good. In that sense, the world tends to work out pretty well for everyone. Don't you think so?"
- Kyo: "The only thing you're good at is spouting gibberish. You've got me beat when it comes to that, I'll admit."
- Raiden: "Geh he he, what is it, kid? You back for another dose of my poison breath?"
- Joe: "Poison breath!? I'll blow it right back in your face with my hurricane! Get ready to eat poisocane!"
- Raiden: "Still running your mouth nonstop. Let's get it on!"
- Ralf: "Storm this, Hurricane that, you never stop boasting, do you? Have you heard the saying, 'All bark and no bite'?"
- Joe: "What, are you so blind that you can't tell the difference between a tiger and a dog anymore?"
- Ralf: "Zip your lips, kid! Tigers and dogs are all the same from where I'm standing! They're on the ground on all fours. Get it?"
- Joe: "You're the one who needs to understand something here, old man! I'm even stronger than a tiger, pal."
- Joe: "He he! So I hear there's some other guy running around yelling about how he's some kind of tiger...."
- Robert: "I'm not yelling about it. It's not like I chose the name 'Mightiest Tiger' myself."
- Joe: "Not only are you trying to steal my claim to the word 'tiger', but you're trying to claim 'mightiest' as well? Those are both MY titles, pasta boy!"
- Joe: "I'll acknowledge your spirit and willpower, but you still won't be able to defeat me!"
- Ryo: "I'm intrigued, Champion. What makes you think that?"
- Joe: "Because skill and willpower alone will always lose to skill, willpower, and talent combined!"
- Ryo: "I think the only real difference between us is that you're way too into yourself."
- Saiki: "So you want to fight someone strong, do you? Rejoice then, for before you is the strongest opponent that has ever existed! Unfortunately, you'll never be able to defeat this opponent no matter how hard you struggle! That's the difference between our strengths!"
- Joe: "A bit drunk with power, eh? You're so full of yourself it's starting to make me laugh! Well, allow me to knock the cobwebs outta your head and bring you back to sober! That way you'll know how stupid you look! I am Joe Higashi! The Man of infinite legend! You don't scare me!"
- Shen: "I see the fire in your eyes! You even seem to have a little bit of confidence in yourself!"
- Joe: "A little bit!? Do you have any idea who you're talking to, punk?"
- Shen: "Some other Japanese hooligan? Does it even matter? Let's get this over with."
- Joe: "You're a lucky kid to get to study under that teacher of yours. But it wouldn't hurt to get outside and feel some fresh new winds for a change! You'll develop a bit more of a fighting appetite, which is just what you need at this point."
- Kensou: "I'll train the way I wanna train. I don't need you trying to tell me how I need to get better. Besides, I'm hip and living in the big city! I don't need your out-of-date fighting appetite!"
- Joe: "You talk all big, but I know you just don't want to run the risk of losing Athena!"
- Kensou: "Who cares!? Why don't you mind your own business, huh!? I'm gonna make you pay!"
- Joe: "Look, I don't want to hear your torturous lectures! Just attack me already! You're strong, right?"
- Takuma: "Ha ha ha, still the same spirited young man! Very well, let me show you my Demon Fist!"
- Joe: "Yes! That's what I'm talking about! This is gonna be fun! This is what real fighting is about!"
- Joe: "OH YEAHHHHHH! Here comes Joe! Joe Higashi, the living legend! Joe's gonna give it to ya!"
- Terry: "You're always making a big entrance... I honestly think you spend more energy in the pre-fight than you do during the fight."
- Joe: "First, that's none of your business! Second, shut up! Just for that, I'm gonna take you down more spectacularly than anyone I've ever beaten before!"
- Joe: "Orochi? Bah! I eat crocodiles for breakfast, baby! Do you think I'm going to be scared of snakes?"
- Vice: "Do you really think Orochi is nothing more than a serpent? Oh, you're going to feel pretty stupid for making that mistake!"
- Joe: "Hey, Yuri! If you're going to copy someone, let it be me, and not Terry or your brother!"
- Yuri: "What? Copy you? I'd be way too embarrassed if I did that...."
- Joe: "Excuse me!? What exactly is so embarrassing about Muay Thai, huh?"
- Yuri: "Ummm.... It's not Muay Thai, it's just, you know.... Everything else about you besides the Muay Thai?"
- Joe: "What the-!? That does it! You asked for this! You sowed the storm and now you're gonna reap the whirlwind, girl!"
- "Is that all you've got, Andy!? Get up! I'm not done with you yet!" (Vs. Andy)
- "You spineless wimp! How am I supposed to have fun if beating you is so easy!?" (Vs. Ash)
- "Psh. People didn't come here to see you. They came to see Hurricane Upper Joe!" (Vs. Athena)
- "Sorry Casanova, did I scuff up your money maker there?" (Vs. Benimaru)
- "I'll let you go this time as a favor to Lily. Just promise me you'll never make that girl cry again!" (Vs. Billy)
- "As soon as you step into the ring, it's business! Even if you're a drunk ol' man!" (Vs. Chin)
- "Beaten, kicked, and humiliated. It must suck to be you right now, buddy." (Vs. Clark)
- "I don't need any spiritual lessons! It's all about having guts! You hear me?" (Vs. Daimon)
- "Hizoku or not, you must've been living in a cave! Who doesn't know Muay Thai champ Joe Higashi!?" (Vs. Duo Lon)
- "People come here to fight, you know? If you're not up for that, just buzz off!" (Vs. Elisabeth)
- "Is that all? These flames of yours don't stand a chance against my hurricane!" (Vs. Evil Ash)
- "You'll lose anyway, so try giving up sooner next time! That way you won't have to get your nose broken!" (Vs. Flames Iori)
- "You learned an important lesson! Never make illegal copies of anything!" (Vs. Himself)
- "Here, I'll give you my sweet replica trunks! Maybe they'll give you a nice boost in power!" (Vs. Human Saiki)
- "I'll take you on any time, Hwa! Here or in the Muay Thai ring!" (Vs. Hwa Jai)
- "Can't fight without your flames, huh? Then get back to training, you weakling!" (Vs. Iori)
- "'I can handle this myself' my ass! It'd take three of you to handle me!" (Vs. K')
- "I'll bring you some pork buns later. After all, you'll be living off hospital food for a while." (Vs. Kensou)
- "This isn't a debate contest! Get out of my ring and find yourself a soapbox!" (Vs. Kim)
- "This proves it! My Muay Thai is the real thing, and you're just a fraud!" (Vs. King)
- "I can't even take this seriously. Kuan would be a better opponent for you." (Vs. Kula)
- "You represent Japan, right? Then get with it! You're way too weak...." (Vs. Kyo)
- "Stop pretending to be the silent type. Just admit your defeat like a loser should!" (Vs. Leona)
- "Stop focusing on your Shiranui arts and start training for married life already!" (Vs. Mai)
- "Can't you take a hint, blondie? I don't give a damn about you!" (Vs. Mature)
- "You sure you got a computer for a brain? 'Cause it's illogical to fight with zero chance of winning!" (Vs. Maxima)
- "You've trained so much, and you still can't beat me? Guess you're not worth your salt. Give up already!" (Vs. Mr. Karate)
- "You need more experience. There are no shortcuts to strength.... Well, unless you're a genius like me!" (Vs. NESTS-Styled Kyo)
- "Good thing you have that mask, huh? Now no one'll notice all your bruises!" (Vs. Raiden)
- "Hey loser, you're in the way! It's time for my victory speech!" (Vs. Ralf)
- "Come on, that's no good! Try to last at least one round, will ya?" (Vs. Robert)
- "Stop overanalyzing everything! This just means I'm stronger than you!" (Vs. Ryo)
- "You need more power, speed, and luck. All you have now is a big mouth." (Vs. Saiki)
- "Don't you ever stop whining? You're like a pet begging for its' owner!" (Vs. Shen)
- "It's time for you to retire. At least you can say I was your final opponent!" (Vs. Takuma)
- "Now you lay low for a while! I'm sick of you two always hogging the spotlight!" (Vs. Terry)
- "You better run with your tail between your legs before I fry you too!" (Vs. Vice)
- "Karate isn't amateur boxing, Yuri. Put some weight in your punches!" (Vs. Yuri)
The King of Fighters XIV Edit
Pre-Battle Dialogues Edit
- Joe: "You... Aren't you Lilly's big brother?!"
- Billy: "I'm gonna kill you."
- Daimon: "C'mere, Muay Thai! My judo is the real Japanese way."
- Joe: "That's some talk, Mr. Gold Medalist. But there's no way Joe Higashi can lose!"
- Daimon: "I'll see about that!"
- Joe: "Alright! Let's do this quickly!"
- Joe: "Oh, the hot-blooded boxer! Don't you kick at all?"
- Nelson: "My legs are the powerful engines for my punches. I don't need to kick."
- Joe: "You talk a lot. But I've knocked out many a boxer like you."
- Nelson: "I know. Your success is the real thing. But there's one thing I'll say. You can't get past me."
- Joe: "C'mon!"
Win Quotes Edit
- "I only really like the way you name your moves after yourself!" (Vs. Ralf)
Capcom vs. SNK Pro: Millennium Fight 2000Edit
- "I told you, I am a star that shines the brightest of all!"
- "My name is Joe, and I AM."
- "Face me, if you are ready to die!"
- "Yeah! Yeah! YEAH! I am the greatest!"
- "Get out the windbreaker, I feel a storm coming on!"
- "Oh. Did I break you with the power of my wind?"
- "I'm not a player. I just win a lot!"
- "I can feel it coming in the air tonight..."
- "Fight! Fight! Win! Win! Joe Higashi in the end!"
Capcom vs. SNK 2Edit
- "Hey! Hey! Just watch and enjoy it!"
- "My name is Joe, and I AM."
- "Yeah! Yeah! YEAH! I am the greatest!"
- "I'm not a player! I just win a lot!"
- "Oh. Did I break you with the power of my wind?"
- "Fight! Fight! Win! Win! Joe Higashi in the end!"
- "Get out the windbreaker, I feel a storm coming on!"
- "Face me, if you are ready to die!"
- "I can feel it coming in the air tonight..."