Khushnood Butt in Garou: Mark of the Wolves
|Full name||Khushnood Butt (English version)|
Marco Rodriguez (Japanese version)
|Birthdate||September 4; 40 years old|
|Height||183 cm (6'0")|
|Weight||93 kg (205 lbs)|
|Job/Occupation||Kyokugenryu Karate Instructor|
|Likes||His black belt, his Kyokugen signboard, his hut for training|
|Hobbies||Reading picture books (he always cries reading Disney stories)|
|Favorite food||Chicken curry, rakkyou, grilled (roasted) chicken|
|Forte in sports||Shotput|
|Special skill||Sewing, tailoring|
|Favorite music||Samba (it boils his blood)|
|Fighting style||Kyokugenryu Karate|
Khushnood Butt (クシュヌード・バット, Kushunūdo Batto), named Marco Rodriguez (マルコ・ロドリゲス, Maruko Rodorigesu) in Japan, is a character in the Fatal Fury series of fighting games, who was first introduced in Garou: Mark of the Wolves. His role in the game is to substitute Ryo Sakazaki as the new Kyokugenryu Karate practitioner. His name was probably changed to avoid confusion with mixed martial artist Ricco Rodriguez. Since his introduction, Khushnood created a great fuzz, with several fans wanting SNK to use him in The King of Fighters series or in the next Garou. Creators state that he is the most durable fighter of the new cast.
Khushnood Butt was an apprentice of Ryo Sakazaki. When he became a black belt, he opened a dojo in Brazil and started teaching Kyokugenryu Karate. To prove the might of the martial art, Khushnood entered the "King of Fighters: Maximum Mayhem" tournament. When he returned, he learned that all of his best students got beaten up by the "Gym Buster". Hearing that, he now seeks the maniac.
Khushnood's personality balances between the goofy and the serious personalities. He is reckless, but also wise. He looks up to his master and respects him very much. He considers Tizoc to be a worthy adversary.
- Sense - Khushnood can sense people nearby through his ki.
- Gather Ki - Khushnood can gather ki from nature.
- Energy Projectile - Khushnood can fire the Kouken and Haou Shoukou Ken.
- Energy Attacks - Khushnood can infuse his attacks with energy.
- Multiple Attacks - Khushnood can deliver several punches at almost the same time.
Khushnood fights with Kyokugenryu Karate fighting style, similar to Ryo's and Takuma's fighting style.
- From Brazil - Garou: Mark of the Wolves
- The King of Fighters 2002 - In the Japan stage
- The King of Fighters XIII - In the Brazil stage and in the Dojo stage
- The King of Fighters XIV - in the Art of Fighting Team ending
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - Background cameo in the Fatal Fury Team, Art of Fighting Team and USA Sports Team stages
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - in the Art of Fighting Team stage
- Days of Memories (Second title) - Mentioned briefly in a conversation