- This list is incomplete. You can help improving it by editing.
Here is a list of quotes for Mai Shiranui.
|不知火舞、参ります！(Shiranui Mai, mairi masu!)||Mai Shiranui, has appeared!|
|かかってらっしゃい！ (Kakatte rasshai!)||Come at me!|
|どうしたの？ (Dō shita no?)||What's the matter?|
|ほら、頑張って！ (Hora, ganbatte!)||Hey, there! Don't give up!|
|風車崩し (Fuusha Kuzushi)||Destruction from the Gales|
|夢桜 (Yume Zakura)||The Enchanting Cherry|
|花蝶扇 (Kachou Sen)||Breeze of the Blossoming Butterfly's Fluttering|
|龍炎舞 (Ryuu Enbu)||Waltz of the Fire Dragon|
|白鷺の舞 (Hakuro no Mai)||Dance of the Snow Heron|
|必殺忍蜂 (Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi)||Lethal Swarm of the Unseen Assassins|
|ムササビの舞 (Musasabi no Mai)||Dance of the Great Flying Squirrel|
|超必殺忍蜂 (Chou Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi)||Super Deadly Ninja Bees|
|陽炎の舞 (Kagerou no Mai)||Dance of the Heat Haze|
|一つ, 二つ, 三つ! (Hitotsu, futatsu, mittsu!)||One, two, three!|
|不知火究極奥義 (Shiranui Kyuukyoku Ougi)||Shiranui Ultimate Secret Technique|
|不知火流忍法 (Shiranui-ryuu Ninpou)||Shiranui Style Ninja Art|
|よ！日本一(1)！ (Yo! Nippon Ichi!)||Yes! Japan's best!|
|このていどだな、ね? (Kono teido dana, ne?)||That's all you can do?|
|十年早いわ (Juu-nen hayai wa)||You're ten years too early.|
Fatal Fury 2Edit
- "Fight to the death! That's the way of the Ninja. Prepare for death."
- "Is that all your power?"
- "Living under defeat is humilating. It's suitable for you."
- "My fist is a gale. No one will stop it."
- "No doubt you're a burning man. But you can't stop me on guts alone."
- "A girl as pretty, and tough as me just has to win!"
- "Now you realize, I'm the real one." (vs. Herself)
- (Mai did her victory pose after defeating Krauser)
- May 15, 1993. Mai Shiranui becomes the strongest in the world.
- Mai: "Oh, Andy, I'll make you my disciple."
Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- "Babe?! You're about to sing soprano, pal."
- "Don't hold back, Andy. Come on to me." (vs. Andy)
- "So you're Andy's brother. You don't look so tough." (vs. Terry)
- "I told you. No one calls me "babe" without paying for it."
- "Sorry, Andy!" (vs. Andy)
- Mai: "Maybe I should be a bit less masculine."
Fatal Fury 3Edit
- "Hey, Andy, tell me about the scrolls. If you try not to, it's Knuckle Fest '95 time." (vs. Andy)
- "You've already lost in the beauty department. Care to continue your losing streak?" (vs. Blue Mary)
- "Capoeira athletes have a habit of disappearing around here. Be warned, and listen good." (vs. Bob)
- "You must be a friend of those guys in the black suits. Pass over the secret scrolls!!!" (vs. Franco)
- "You're Geese Howard? Those three guys are in for trouble after this little bout." (vs. Geese)
- "Oh no! You've copied my new costume too!" (vs. Herself)
- "What? Yamazaki? Hey, speak English, fool! I can't hear a thing you're trying to say!" (vs. Hon Fu)
- "Not you too, Joe! I don't want to go back to Japan! I want action...and pizza!" (vs. Joe)
- "You look like a Mochizuki in that costume. Hey, you are a Mochizuki!" (vs. Sokaku)
- "Terry, baby! Don't tell me a slab of beefcake like you holds the secret scrolls!" (vs. Terry)
Pre-Battle vs. Jin Chonshu
- Mai: "What is going on here?"
- Chonshu: "Wow, you sure took care of Yamazaki. A true successor to the House of Shiranui! However, your puny 400 year history comes to an end in a moment. The strength and blood of 2200 years strengthens my body and energizes my limbs! After I find the three secret scrolls, the Jin line will become immortal! All my enemies shall feel my wrath. The world will quake in the shadow of my power!"
Pre-Battle vs. Jin Chonrei
- Chonrei: "What...? Little brother...? My cute, cherubic little brother... You'll never leave here alive, mousse head!"
- "Wow, that was quick!"
- "C'mon, Andy. Joe told me about the scrolls. What's your involvement in this?" (vs. Andy)
- "You pack quite a punch, sister. I have a lot to learn about my own femininity." (vs. Blue Mary)
- "Thanks for showing me about Capoeira. Quite an impressive way of fighting. Not!" (vs. Bob)
- "Hey, aren't you Franco Bash? The current King of Kick? How about an autograph?" (vs. Franco)
- "You're Geese Howard?! Andy said you bit the big one and here you are... Whoops, were." (vs. Geese)
- "Oh, take a rest, slimy!" (vs. Herself)
- "I don't know what Cheng told you about me, but tell him to keep his filthy mouth shut!" (vs. Hon Fu)
- "What do you mean, secret scrolls? C'mon, Joe, cough it up or I tell Andy!" (vs. Joe)
- "Mochizuki, huh? My grandfather would whine about you guys all the time. Not so tough, huh?" (vs. Sokaku)
- "So you must be the guy who blabbed to Andy about the scrolls. Bigmouth!" (vs. Terry)
After defeating Yamazaki
- Yamazaki: "Heh, heh, heh. Not bad for a bodacious broad. Later, babe!"
- Mai: "Hey, get your male chauvinist backside back here! Just who does he think he is? Hey, where did Andy go?"
After defeating Yamazaki again
- Mai: "Okay, pal. Hand over the scrolls. I know you have them in your slimy clutches."
- Yamazaki: "Sorry, hon. If you want them, you'll have to hop on over to Delta Park. Good luck, toots."
- (Yamazaki loses consciousness)
- (Somewhere in Delta Park)
- ?: "Mai Shiranui.... Why not just kick back and let's make ourselves comfortable."
- Mai: "What in...? Hey!"
- The blood of the Jins is the blood of death. It could only, in the end, conclude this way. January 1, 1995. Mai Shiranui rids the world of all its evil Jins! The delusions of the Jins were just that. Immortality...the last refuge of corruption!
- Mai: Andy, I won so you have to come back to Japan with me. Andy? Andy! You promised, weasel!"
Real Bout Fatal FuryEdit
- "Ahem, try reading the Shiranui scrolls, OK?" (vs. Andy)
- "In Ninja Arts, we Shiranui have no equal. Got it?" (vs. Billy)
- "Wow, losing to you would be an insult. So I guess I won't lose, cutey!" (vs. Blue Mary)
- "Don't forget, Bob. If I win, you buy me dinner later. Hee, hee." (vs. Bob)
- "Wow, you're pretty strong for a rug rat. For a moment, I thought I was going to lose." (vs. Chonrei)
- "I'm pretty strong, junior. You understand that, right?" (vs. Chonshu)
- "Next time, let's just have a dance contest. Ouch!" (Vs. Duck King)
- "Wow, you were tough, gramps. I'm drained. Phew!" (vs. Franco)
- "With moves like mine, Geese will be history!" (vs. Geese)
- "Yes! Call me No. 1!" (vs. Hon Fu)
- "All that alligator meat has made you weak!" (vs. Joe)
- "You were tough, but no match for the mighty Shiranui. Whoa, ho, ho." (vs. Kim)
- "Thank God I'm single!" (vs. Herself)
- "Now you know what it's like to fight a Shiranui!" (vs. Sokaku)
- "Whaddya think? Great, huh?" (vs. Terry)
- "Well, who's next?" (vs. Yamazaki)
Pre-Final Battle DialogueEdit
- Mai: "Well, Geese, I'll serve you up really nice."
- Geese: "You'll regret coming this far. But I'm kinda happy, Ms. Mai!"
Real Bout Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- Mai: Time for a little trip, eh, Andy?
- Andy: With me? W, why?
- Mai: Stop that whining and follow me, fool!
- Andy: Yes, ma'am!
- "Oooh, too much! I love victory!"
- "Andy, you're not much yourself lately!" (vs. Andy)
- "If that's all you got, give up now." (vs. Billy)
- "Yes, I'm simply tough and cute!" (vs. Blue Mary)
- "Take off some tons, porker!" (vs. Cheng)
- "I am one fabulous babe!" (vs. Chonrei/Chonshu)
- "Shame on you! Always flirting!" (vs. Duck King)
- "And that's for roughing up Andy!" (vs. Geese)
- "And I'm loads cuter than you!" (vs. Herself)
- "Grope me again and you're history!" (vs. Joe)
- "Hey, take it easy there!" (vs. Krauser)
- "Yaaah! You're a scary beast, you!" (vs. Laurence)
- "Mochizuki-style has no style!" (vs. Sokaku)
- "For a Bogard, you're pathetic!" (vs. Terry)
- "Gee, you're one tough geezer!" (vs. Tung Fu Rue)
- "Whoa! I'm still shaking!" (vs. Yamazaki)
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2Edit
- "Look at my outfit! I hate doing the laundry!"
- "You OK? Sorry... I wasn't even trying!"
The King of Fighters '94Edit
- "Women are the final weapon!" (vs. Brazil Team)
- "How did you like my ninja tricks?" (vs. China Team)
- "Are you trying to copy us?" (vs. England Team)
- "You've all gotten weaker!" (vs. Italy Team)
- "What a weak little fellow!" (vs. Japan Team)
- "How did you like my technique?" (vs. Korea Team)
- "Men I know are much stronger!" (vs. Mexico Team)
- "Never underrate women again!" (vs. USA Team)
The King of Fighters '95Edit
- "Another blow for ninja ladyhood has been struck today. Banzai!"
- "I thought you were stronger than that. Bummer city!"
- "Trapped in my spell of beauty, another peasant bites the dust!"
The King of Fighters '96Edit
- "Cheer up,buckos! There's always next time!"
- "You did pretty well. You actually touched me!"
- "You'll need more than that to beat a Shiranui ninja!"
- "When I put my mind to it it's a piece of cake!" (Game Boy Version)
The King of Fighters '97Edit
|Nengu no osame toki yo, Andy!'*||Marry me now, Andy!*|
- Intro (vs. Andy)
The King of Fighters '98Edit
- "With a body and strength like this, you thought you had a chance?"
The King of Fighters '99Edit
- "We're you too easy, you ask? You're too weak to be 'easy!'"
The King of Fighters 2000Edit
- "I'm hot this year. It just might be my millennium."
- "Get back here! One more match!"
The King of Fighters 2001Edit
- "Didn't someone once say, Power becomes the lady?"
- "I wanted to feel it more. I'm a little disappointed..."
- "You really can't complain about my shape, can you?"
- "You underestimate me, Andy. I'm no slam dunk!" (vs. Andy)
- "And that's for ditching me!" (vs. Fatal Fury Team)
- "Yeah, yeah, ESP. I know. If you had it, you'd be tough." (vs. Psycho Soldiers Team)
- "My foe is thwarted. Super Babe triumphs again!" (vs. Angel)
The King of Fighters 2002Edit
- "Hey! Don't touch the talent!"
- "Caught your fancy. Eh! Sorry. I'm Andy's!
- "Did that hurt? Sorry about that.
- "Hey, Andy. I won. You can kneel down on one knee now!" (vs. Andy)
- "Now you guys tell me this: Tie the knot, you fool!" (vs. Terry/Joe)
- "Get serious! You thought that costume would really work?"(vs. Angel)
- "OK, gumshoe, now about following Andy...." (vs. Vanessa/Seth)
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited MatchEdit
- "Float like a butterfly, sting like a Shiranui!"
The King of Fighters 2003Edit
- "Your desperate tactics can't defeat the Shiranui!"
- "Oh, my. What's wrong? You gotta try harder!"
- "Now do you understand? I've both beauty and ability!"
- "Elusive, protean! My moves dazzled you silly, right?"
- "I'd rethink your outfit. Huh? Is that new underwear?" (vs. Joe)
- "Your moves have improved. I just squeaked by!" (vs. Leona)
- "Andy isn't here because you're losing it, blondie!!!" (vs. Terry)
- "Andy, are you in that mask? ...No, it can't be. 'sigh.'" (vs. Tizoc)
The King of Fighters XIEdit
- "Andy, you fool! We could've had some fun. Sigh. I wish he'd come here first..."
- "Clad in flame, I dance in splendor! Get it? I'm not just a cute face!"
- "Did you enjoy the elegant dance of the Shiranui flame?"
- "How'd you like a humble Japanese woman who fights? ...My strength adds to my beauty, you know!"
- "Huh? Stop it! You lost because you keep checking me out!"
- "Owww! That hurt! If something happens to this beautiful body, it's the world's loss!"
- "Sigh... If only Andy were here beside me..."
- "What, you're already tired? I was just getting started!"
- "Still the same chipper guy, I see..." (vs. Duck King)
- "So, what do you think? I'd say you're clearly outclassed! Heh heh!" (vs. Eiji)
- "You've got a long way to go!" (vs. Malin)
- "Ugh! Why does your brother have to be so stubborn?!" (vs. Terry)
KOF: Maximum Impact 2Edit
- Alba: "Hello, Asian Beauty."
- Mai: "Oh, you're kinda cute, but not like Andy!"
- Hanzo: "You with your new-fangled ninja arts...let's see how well they work."
- Mai: "Mai Shiranui, Master of the Shiranui Way has arrived!"
- Lilly: "'scuse me, I-I'd like to apologise for my brother giving you grief."
- Mai: "You're so cool, but your brother's such a jerk!"
- Nagase: "Sock it to me, Shiranui!"
- Mai: "Hey big boy, How ya doin'?"
- Terry: "And when did I become your big brother?"
The King of Fighters XIIIEdit
- Mai: "I finally found you! Why don't you ever wanna be teammates!?"
- Andy: "M-Mai? No, I, uh... It's just... you see... Oh, I know! Instead of being on the same team, I thought it would be to our mutual benefit if we fought each other as enemies, so we could both hone our skills!"
- Mai: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! When we get back to the dojo, I'm gonna hurt you in places you never knew existed!"
- Ash: "I'm getting so tired of dealing with every single idiot here. Do me a favor, and get lost already."
- Mai: "Just admit you're afraid to lose to me! You know what, what if I promised to go easy on you?"
- Ash: "Oh, you're asking for it now... This is more trouble than its worth, but okay, let's do it!"
- Mai: "A sailor uniform... That takes me back... I remember when I was a school girl and I... ... Wait, you're making me sound like an old hag here! Stop that!
- Athena: "B-but, Mai. I didn't even say anything..."
- Mai: "Get ready, Mr. Ladies' Man! My Shiranui flames will make you hot and bothered but not in the way you like!"
- Benimaru: "Sorry, kitten! But that's not gonna happen! The sparks that will fly between us will leave you so charged that your legs will grow weak."
- Mai: "Still, I can't believe something like this could actually happen...."
- Billy: "Huh? What are you talkin' about, woman!? And why are you starin' at me like that!?"
- Mai: "I just can't believe a twisted individual like you could have such a sweet and innocent little sister.... Hey, are you sure you two are actually related? Maybe your mom was really good friends with the mailman or something...?"
- Billy: "Shut up! Oh, you're gonna pay for that one, woman! I'll mash you into a pulp and dump you in South Town Bay!"
- Chin: "Hoo, that's a lovely sight to behold! I'm sure glad I managed to live this long! But tell me something... Do you wear those breezy, fluttering clothes all year? Don't you catch a cold in the winter?"
- Mai: "Uh... No, I guess... Can we just get on with this fight?"
- Clark: "Could you do me a favor and let our ladies join your team next time?"
- Mai: "That sounds like fun! I'll gladly take care of them! I'll even teach them to become strong and feminine like me!"
- Clark: "On second thought, let's not do that. Just thinking about Whip and Leona being molded in your image sends shivers down my spine...."
- Mai: "My, my! Aren't you tall, dark and handsome? You're not as much of a looker as my Andy, though."
- Duo Lon: "....."
- Mai: "Huh? What's with that smirk creeping onto your face? Are you making fun of my Andy!?"
- Duo Lon: "No it's just... For a moment there I envied your innocence."
- Elisabeth: "You truly are a rare beauty! I could not possibly bring myself to mar your looks! Please grant me the favor of stepping aside. It would be in the best interests of everyone."
- Mai: "You must be new here. Allow me to tell you something... Yes, I am beautiful, but I am also stronger than everyone else! I am the flower that bloomed in KOF! I am Mai Shiranui!"
- Mai: "Who are you? Did you and Ash get separated at birth or something?"
- Evil Ash: "Forget it, you'd never understand. Just concentrate on dying now."
- Mai: "My, we're awfully cocky aren't we? You've got some nerve, new guy. Time for punishment!"
- Evil Ash: "How I'm going to miss your sassy comebacks! Here's to all life being destroyed by time!"
- Iori: "Get out of my sight, woman. Just looking at you turns my stomach."
- Mai: "What, you don't think I'm gorgeous? Are you sure you're a dude? I think you may need to get your head checked."
- Iori: "See, you should've run off when I gave you a chance. Now I'm going to have to kill you..."
- Daimon: "............"
- Mai: "What's the matter, Daimon? Wh-Why are you staring at me like that? What? You can't be.... Stop that, I already have Andy!"
- Daimon: "H-How dare you dress like that in public!? You give Japanese women a bad name!"
- Mai: "D-Dress!? I, uh.... Why are you getting upset about it now, after all these years?"
- Mai 1: "I can see why you'd be infatuated with someone like me, but don't you think this is taking it a bit too far?"
- Mai 2: "What? Who's infatuated with whom here? You're just trying to look like me!"
- Mai 1: "Are you kidding me!? You're imitating me, and you didn't even do a very good job!"
- Mai 2: "That does it! I'm going to make you eat those words!"
- Mai: "Oh, another one! And this Ash is all white! So, would you care to explain what's going on? They say everyone has a twin somewhere in the world, but I'm starting to lose count of you guys. What is up with you people, anyway?"
- Saiki: "I could explain, but your goldfish brain would fail to comprehend. I think I'll just kill you instead. That way you won't have to worry about such trivial matters!"
- Mai: "Huh? No way! Why!? Why is there another one of you underpants people here!?"
- Hwa Jai: "Underpants people!? Wait a minute.... You're talking about Joe, aren't ya? ...Oh, and you're the last person to criticize others for wearing too little, by the way."
- Iori: "I'm getting so sick of your face.... You're not a ninja, you're a maggot."
- Mai: "A maggot!? At least call me a caterpillar! A caterpillar that turned into a beautiful butterfly dancing through the air."
- Iori: "I don't care what kind of insect you are, I'm going to step on you all the same."
- Joe: "Because we're friends, let me give you some advice: You really need to stop wearing those revealing outfits! You look like you have no shame, you know? If my girlfriend wore stuff like that, I wouldn't let her leave the house!"
- Mai: "Revealing!? No shame!? This is the traditional ninja garb of the Shiranui family! And where do you get off telling people what they should wear, Boxer Boy!?"
- Mai: "What are you always so moody about? You should be happy to have such a vision of loveliness in front of you!"
- K': "...Huh? What on earth are you blabbing about? Shut up already..."
- Mai: "Oh, don't be shy! ♪ Come on, let's have some fun!"
- K': "Dumbass... I'll crush you!"
- Kim: "I don't usually get hung up on the details, but...."
- Mai: "Hm? What is it, Kim? You look like you're trying to say something...?"
- Kim: "Don't you think that your ninja outfit might be disturbing public decency? I have a spare Tae Kwon Do gi with me. Would you like to borrow it?"
- Mai: "Uh, no, I'm good.... I don't think I'd look good in a gi...."
- Mai: "You know, I don't really care who gets to be the leader.... But don't you think we should at least make sure which of us is the strongest?"
- King: "I can tell by the look on your face that you think it's you. Ah well, whatever! There's no harm in finding out how strong we both are!"
- Mai: "If you're going to model yourself on anyone, let it be me, not those trees you hang out with."
- Kula: "Huh? But they're all so much stronger than you! That's why I want to be like Diana, Foxy, and Seirah!"
- Mai: "What the... I'll teach you who's the strongest woman around here! You think you can say anything you want just because you're a little cute, huh? I'll kick your butt until you're bawling!"
- Kyo: "I shouldn't be surprised, but you sure have a lot of nerve trying to take me on with fire."
- Mai: "Shiranui fire is nothing like your fire! You'd better watch out or you're going to get a third degree lesson!"
- Kyo: "The same goes for you! I'll teach you who's the hottest in town!"
- Leona: "Could you get out of my way, please...? I don't feel like wasting my time and energy on you...."
- Mai: "What's the matter? Scared? Just admit that you're scared and I'll go easier on you!"
- Leona: "You cannot defeat me...."
- Mai: "You shouldn't say things like that if you're trying to avoid a fight, missy."
- Mai: "Admit it, you're trying to make yourself popular with a brand new look, aren't you! Unfortunately for you, no one's going to fall for it! Your popularity's going to stay just as low as it is!"
- Mature: "Sounds like you're speaking from personal experience there, missy!"
- Mai: "Th-That's none of your business! Now you've done it! Bring it on!"
- Mai: "A little bird told me that you run on maple syrup. Is that true?"
- Maxima: "Who's filling your head with blatant lies like that!? ...I do love a good sweet, though."
- Mai: "All right. If you win, I'll give you some of my homemade donuts!"
- Maxima: "It's a deal! Let me warn you right now, though: I can eat several dozens of boxes of those things at once!"
- Mr. Karate: "Your sad excuse for a fighting style will not be sufficient to advance in this tournament. Allow me to put you out of your misery!"
- Mai: "Ooh! Feisty, aren't we? Let me give you a taste of my Shiranui skills then!"
- Mai: "It might have been a tournament I didn't enter, but either way, you're officially number one in Japan in mixed martial arts. So, as the true number one, I want you to understand that. You wouldn't want to disgrace your country, would you?"
- Kyo: "I sure wouldn't. So I guess I'm just going to have to knock your ass out now. You leave representing Japan to me. Go sit in the audience and cheer me on as I show everyone how awesome I am!"
- Mai: "Hey! I know you.... Oh yeah, you're that pro wrestler, Big--"
- Raiden: "RAIDEN! I am Raiden! Raiden is who I am, and nothing more needs to be said!"
- Mai: "Wait, what? What's going on here? Why are you wearing a mask, anyway? Didn't you take that off before?"
- Raiden: "No comment! You shouldn't ask questions about touchy subjects like that!"
- Mai: "A soldier at a fighting tournament? Don't you people have to be somewhere else?"
- Ralf: "You're one to talk! You stand out like fireworks at a funeral! I thought ninja were supposed to be stealthy and inconspicuous!"
- Mai: "That's.... Those are just minor details! There's a time, place, and occasion for everything!"
- Robert: "This is gonna seem a bit out of the blue, but you can you maybe do something about that outfit of yours? You know how Yuri likes to imitate people she admires. If she ever gets the idea that she should start dressing like THAT..."
- Mai: "Hey, what do you mean, "dressing like THAT"!? I'll have you know this is the traditional Shiranui uniform!"
- Robert: "You've gotta be kidding me! Those shameless rags were passed down by your ancestors!?"
- Mai: "Shameless!? Rags!? Yuri! I'm going to have to beat the crap outta your boyfriend now!"
- Ryo: "Thanks for always taking care of my little sis! But, I'm not gonna give you any favors here, ninja girl!"
- Mai: "I wouldn't want you to. But, are you sure you wanna do this, Big Brother? I've been training with Yuri a lot, so your Kyokugen style might not work on me, you know?"
- Ryo: "Don't think you've seen Kyokugen by studying my sister. Her style is far too unorthodox!"
- Mai: "Wha...What happened to that white Ash? Who are you!?"
- Saiki: "I am Saiki! I don't need to tell you any more than that, since you're going to die anyway."
- Mai: "You don't look like a normal human being. What are you up to? Tell me!"
- Saiki: "I told you I don't need to! Or wait, perhaps I could tell you what my intentions are.... To kill you! What blissful honor! You will get to die by my hands!"
- Shen: "Huh? I thought that Japanese women were supposed to be modest!? There isn't an ounce of modesty in you!"
- Mai: "Hey! What gives you the right to talk to me like that? Don't think I'm an exhibitionist just because I like to dress nice!"
- Shen: "Not only do you dress like a stripper, but you have a big mouth too! Your mom must cry herself to sleep wondering why you turned out so badly!"
- Mai: "Wh-WHAT!? You're gonna pay now! I'll show you what happens when you're stupid enough to get me mad!"
- Mai: "Hm? You seem to have changed a bit since we last met...."
- Kensou: "Well, you haven't! Isn't it about time you went with a different path?"
- Mai: "Of all the nerve! I'll have you know I tried a different look once, but it didn't work out at all! You got a problem with me sticking with what works!?"
- Kensou: "Whoa, whoa! Don't explode on me like that! Are you sensitive about your clothes or something!?"
- Takuma: "Now that Hanzo is dead, the fate of the Shiranui style rests on the shoulders of you two. I hope you realize the weight of this burden. Are you ready to do whatever it takes to keep your style alive?"
- Mai: "That was a nice speech, Yuri's daddy. Andy and I make the best team! Let me show you that the Shiranui style is in good hands!"
- Mai: "Hi ♪ Long time no see ♪ Fancy meeting you here!"
- Terry: "No! I don't know anything! I have no clue where Andy is! I can't hear you, la la la la la!"
- Mai: "I knew it! You know exactly where he is! Tell me! Tell me NOW!"
- Mai: "They say snakes are persistent, but it seems the same can be said about all of you.... I don't know about this whole Orochi business, but it's too late for you now! The avalanche has already started, it's too late for the pebbles to vote!"
- Vice: "Well, it's not that we're persistent, it's just that the Orochi Clan is immortal! And yes, the avalanche has started, but it is you humans who will discover that you are the pebbles! We will never be destroyed by the likes of you humans!"
- Mai: "Right! Time for another medical check-up, Yuri!"
- Yuri: "Wait, wait, wait! Isn't that MY line? Let's see if you took good care of yourself during the holidays!"
- "How about it, Andy? I think it's pretty easy to see who your best partner is, right?" (vs. Andy)
- "See? Even a beauty like me can be pretty scary when she gets angry." (vs. Ash)
- "Why don't you take a break from the idol business and concentrate more on fighting?" (vs. Athena)
- "My beauty led me to victory♪ ...Jokes aside, don't you think you're a bit too careless?" (vs. Benimaru)
- "I just realized you're back in your old clothes. I guess that image change didn't work out for you?" (vs. Billy)
- "Why don't you retire and live the rest of your life in peace?" (vs. Chin)
- "Do you think those sunglasses look good on you!? You can't even see!" (vs. Clark)
- "It doesn't matter how strong you are if you don't look at people properly." (vs. Daimon)
- "You don't need a doctor. You need a shaman or something! I think you're possessed!" (vs. Duo Lon)
- "Blanc-style? Fist of Light? Sorry, never heard of 'em. The world really is a big place." (vs. Elisabeth)
- "This is so confusing! If you're someone else, just say so!" (vs. Evil Ash)
- "Oh dear, looks like I burnt your precious hair! I'm so sorry! Ohohoho!" (vs. Flames Iori)
- "Strength, beauty, even the suppleness of my skin. I'm better than you in every facet!" (vs. Herself)
- "I still don't understand what exactly's going on. How are you related to Ash Crimson again!?" (vs. Human Saiki)
- "It's no surprise that Boxer Boy took that belt away from you... Your skills are sad." (vs. Hwa Jai)
- "You know, you might be a pretty handsome guy if you just stood there and shut up!" (vs. Iori)
- "You're always wearing the same thing! Please tell me that you at least have different pairs of those shorts." (vs. Joe)
- "Maybe you should challenge me again when your voice breaks, kiddo♪" (vs. K')
- "I get it. You couldn't bring yourself to hurt the beautiful lady. I promise I won't tell Athena♪" (vs. Kensou)
- "Converting them? Geez... I do have to admire your tenacity, though." (vs. Kim)
- "Objectively speaking, it's apparent that I'm the better fighter here, no?" (vs. King)
- "I don't have time to deal with you. Why don't you run along and play now?" (vs. Kula)
- "I can see why you're number 2 in Japan. Who's number 1? Do you even need to ask?" (vs. Kyo)
- "You may not want advice, but why don't you try being friendlier? It's much less stressful, you know?" (vs. Leona)
- "Look at the big hole you tore in my outfit! You're going to pay to fix it, right?" (vs. Mature)
- "Seriously? Are there even regulations for what can enter this tournament? This is getting ridiculous!" (vs. Maxima)
- "Oh my, are you really Yuri's dad!? It's like you're a completely different person just by wearing a mask..." (vs. Mr. Karate)
- "You have been gloomy lately. Why don't you try taking a shower under a big waterfall? I know just the place!" (vs. NESTS-Styled Kyo)
- "Weren't you stronger without the mask? ...Or are you still claiming you've never fought without it?" (vs. Raiden)
- "Won't you forget your training if you're here all the time? Maybe you're a better fighter than soldier now." (vs. Ralf)
- "If you're going to lose, can't you at least put up a better fight? Yuri must be disappointed in you." (vs. Robert)
- "Why don't you try studying Shiranui style? You might learn something new!" (vs. Ryo)
- "I don't know what you're trying to do, but can't you do it somewhere else?" (vs. Saiki)
- "You just lost to a total babe! Can't you look a bit happier while you're falling to the ground?" (vs. Shen Woo)
- "Surprises work best when they're kept secret. Are you surprised at the Shiranui style's moves?" (vs. Takuma)
- "Geez, isn't it time you stopped teaming up with Andy? Hellooo! Take a hint!" (vs. Terry)
- "I'm not weak enough for a vulgar woman like you to tear me apart." (vs. Vice)
- "Awww, what's the matter little Yuri? You'll never catch up with me like that!" (vs. Yuri)
The King of Fighters XIVEdit
- Mai: "Andy, did you remember to turn off the AC when we left Japan?"
- Andy: "Nope, I didn't touch anything."
- Mai: "I wonder if I turned it off. I always do it without thinking, so now I can't really remember."
- Andy: "C'mon. Don't talk yourself into being nervous over it."
- Mai: "It's too late! I can't stop thinking about it! Let's finish this quickly so I can call Hokutomaru."
- Andy: "No way! If you're that focused on making a phone call, you won't be able to concentrate on the match!"
- Bandeiras: YAMATONADESHIKO. Wow, FUJIYAMA! KUNOICHI!
- Mai: Wh-what's with this creep?!
- Bandeiras: So you're a female NINJA. I'll let you be my teacher!
- Mai: Wha? Are you kidding? You fake ninja!
- Bandeiras: Oh, is it bad for me to ask? Alright, but if I win, I'm gonna make you my teacher.
- Mai: What the... I don't get it!
- Mai: "Why are you wearing such a weird mask?"
- Mian: "What's "weird" about it? This is a "Bian Lian", used for performing traditional Sichuan opera."
- Mai: "Ah, so it's basically like Japanese Noh opera or something? I don't like that it takes attention away from me, though."
- Mian: "Nope, it's completely different from Noh."
- Mai: "Fine fine fine! I'm going to beat you anyway. So let's go ahead and start!"
- Mian: "I... hate you..."
- "Hehe... Too bad, you couldn't catch me."
- "If you underestimate me because I'm a woman, you'll get burned!"
- "Now, now, no touching!"
- "You were too... confused by my movements."
- "Being the world's best isn't just a dream."
- "Are you bewitched? Hehe, it's hard to be beautiful."
- "Ohohoho, I'm unrivalled."
- "Well, if I give it my all, this is what happens!"
- "Holding back so I don't hurt you is really hard!"
- "How was it? The power of Shiranui ninjutsu!"
- "Battling you was fun. I'd like to ask to face you once again."
- "Alice, if you aren't more dedicated you won't win in this competition!" (vs. Alice)
- "Now, Andy! Next time join up with me! I won't let you get away!" (vs. Andy)
- "Unbelievable, you talk a big game, but you can't back it up!" (vs. Antonov)
- "Be it fighting, dancing, or anything else, I won't lose, Athena!" (vs. Athena)
- "Despite your two-bit ninjutsu, you can defend yourself pretty nicely! Very well, I shall let you in the school of Shiranui." (vs. Bandeiras)
- "I don't like men who are all talk! Come back when you've trained a bit more." (vs. Benimaru)
- "Speed over strength! You won't get me just by swinging that iron ball around!" (vs. Chang)
- "Even Geese Howard ends up like this when he faces me!" (vs. Geese)
- "Oh dear... Your flames of hatred weren't all that much." (vs. Iori)
- "That cocky attitude is unacceptable. How about respecting your elders more?" (vs. K')
- "I win! Next round's on King!" (vs. King)
- "You move like a viper with those limber kicks. But when it comes to that kind of leg techniques, King is a lot stronger!" (vs. Luong)
- "The Shiranui style doesn't lose at ever-changing attacks!" (vs. Mian)
- "That was a beautiful, dance-like fighting. Not as beautiful as me, though." (vs. Nakoruru)
- "No matter how hard you hit, it's meaningless if you don't connect." (vs. Ralf)
- "Your free movement was useless before the Shiranui ninjutsu." (vs. Ramon)
- "It's no use worrying about complex stuff, just hit it and break it down!" (vs. Shun'ei)
- "Terry, don't keep Andy all to yourself!" (vs. Terry)
- "Your hands were floating and I couldn't read your expression, it was just creepy." (vs. Verse)
- "You let your guard down, Yuri. You fought better when you were with us." (vs. Yuri)
Capcom vs. SNK 2Edit
|Mai vs. Chun-Li||
Mai: Kakatte rasshai!
Chun-Li: (Giggling) Zuibun hade na toujou, ne?
Mai: Come at me!
Chun-Li: (Giggling) An extremely flashy entrance, huh?
Neo Geo Battle ColiseumEdit
- "Charming flames on a night sea, that is the Shiranui. Can you dig it, baby?"
- "I did it, Andy! I know it's your love that led me to victory!"
- "I got to believe it! If I keep on winning, I know Andy'll come and cheer me on!"
- "Wow! You rival my strength! You must be Japan's no. 2!"
- "So, you're the big brother? Or are you the kid brother?" (Vs. Chonrei/Chonshu)
- "You pseudo-ninja! A true ninja's a shadow, stoic and... Uh, well, bite my tongue!" (Vs. Hanzo/Fuuma)
- "That is one racy outfit! You'd be a lot more appealing if you covered up a bit more." (Vs. Shiki/Shermie)
- "That's quite a shiny scalp. (Maybe someday, Andy...? Nah.)" (Vs. Tung/Mr. Big)