Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Masami Ōbari (大張 正己, Ōbari Masami), born in the Hiroshima Prefecture on January 24, 1966, is an anime character designer and director for Studio G-1 NEO. His work in anime varies from producing opening sequences, short OVAs and a few television series. He mainly likes to work within the sci-fi mecha and fighting genres.
His designs are easily recognizable from the voluptuous female forms and well-toned pretty boys he tends to create to appeal to wide audiences. For references, he likes to use images of professional wrestlers and models. He is friends with fellow former animator and current freelance illustrator Kotobuki Tsukasa.
- Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf - character designer.
- Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle - character designer.
- Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture - character designer, executive animation director.
- Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture - animation.
- Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer - character designer for both the game and OVA series; also voice actor for Brider in the game and executive director of the anime.
- Garou Densetsu Amusement Anthology Series 3 - Hobby Japan Comics; front cover.
- Garou Densetsu Round 2 Amusement Anthology Series 6 - Hobby Japan Comics; front cover.
- Samurai Spirits Amusement Anthology Series 7 - Hobby Japan Comics; front cover.
- Garou Densetsu Final Round Amusement Anthology Series 12 - Hobby Japan Comics; front cover.
- ZI:KILL's Single for CALLING - King Records; back cover illustration.