May Lee in The King of Fighters 2002
|Full name||"May" Lee Jinju|
|Birthdate||May 24; 17 years old|
|Weight||47kg (104 lbs)|
|Job/Occupation||Tae Kwon Do student|
|Likes||A Red Muffler and a pair of Gloves that were presented by someone|
|Hobbies||Video viewing (Especially Special Effect Hero Film)|
|Favorite food||Fried chicken, cold noodle|
|Forte in sports||Tae Kwon Do|
|Special skill||Making poses|
|Most unpleasant||Pure Evil|
|Favorite music||Tokusatsu music|
|Fighting style||Tae Kwon Do (personally arranged)|
In this Korean name, the family name is Lee.
"May" Lee Jinju (Hangul: 이진주; Hanja: "メイ" 李 珍珠, li Jinju; Japanese: メイ・リー, Mei Rī), usually referred to as just May Lee, is a character who was introduced in The King of Fighters series. May is depicted as a perky teenager who fights for justice using Tae Kwon Do. She is unique within The King of Fighters for her ability to change into a separate Hero Mode, in which she dons large gloves and a red scarf. Despite her uniqueness, May Lee has proven to be less popular of a character than expected, partially due to her replacing KoF regular King in The King of Fighters 2002.
She is voiced by the late Tomoko Kawakami.
May Lee is introduced in The King of Fighters 2001 as one of the many students of Kim Kaphwan, and has idolized him and Jhun Hoon ever since she could remember. One day, while training, she hears word of the King of Fighters tournament. As always, Team Korea (composed of Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge, Jhun Hoon, and team captain Kim Kaphwan) are set to enter.
However, Jhun injures his leg due in street accident, and May is required to replace him as a member of Team Korea. Kim suggests that she also kept an eye on her teammates, former criminals Chang Koehan and Choi Bounge. This suits Chang and Choi, as May, unlike Kim, does not feel the need to physically punish them on a regular basis.
Despite her inexperience, May surprises the audience with her unique Tae Kwon Do style in the tournament. Kim and the others are also surprised by her achievements, and she soon gains much praise. After the tournament ends, May returns to Korea along with her partners, and are celebrated as heroes for ending the menace of the evil NESTS cartel that was at work behind the tournament.
In The King of Fighters 2002, May Lee is cast out from Team Korea as the tournament is a three-member team fight and May therefore finds a space with Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki.
May Lee is very happy towards good people. She is very joyful, and her personality resembles that of Athena Asamiya. Like Kim, May Lee has a very strong sense of justice, and will punish any evil being she encounters.
- Electric Punch - During her Hero Mode, she can deliver punches of electric energy.
- Explosive Kick - During her Hero Mode, she can deliver exploding kicks.
- Nerichagi - The King of Fighters 2001
- Diet - The King of Fighters 2002
- SHINING・BRAVE! - The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters 2001 - playable character
- The King of Fighters 2002 - playable character
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters Neowave - PS2 exclusive, hidden character (Japanese release only)
- SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos - cameo in Kim's ending
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - Chae Lim's Normal Outfit-Variation G
- SNK High School Collection