Meitenkun artwork in The King of Fighters XIV. Illustration by Ogura
|Height||168 cm (5'6")|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lbs)|
|Family/Relatives||Tung Fu Rue (master)|
|Job/Occupation||Student of Tung Fu Rue|
|Hobbies||Going back to sleep for the fifth time|
|Forte in sports||Short-distance running|
|Weapon||His beloved pillow|
|Fighting style||Hakkyokuminminken (meaning Pillow Fist)|
Meitenkun is a heavy sleeper who is very carefree and calm. He rarely exerts himself, often preferring to nap instead. Tung and Shun'ei consider him an exceptional fighter, but their praise doesn't appear to go to his head. Whether this is due to cockiness or laziness is unknown; not much phases his relaxed exterior.
Despite his behavior, he cares deeply for his master and best friend. He's a brilliant strong fighter and often wins, as Shun'ei notes after losing to Meitenkun many times.
- Ergokinesis: Meitenkun has a incredible power of energy, that he uses when gathering chi energy from Gaia.
- Gather Chi: Meitenkun can gather chi energy from Gaia, the mother-earth.
- Energy Pillow: Meitenkun can infuse chi into his pillow for a projectile attack.
- Multiple Kicks - Meitenkun can perform multiple kicks in succession as seen in his Ressenkyaku.
Fighting Style Edit
His fighting style was named Hakkyokuminminken (Eight Extremities Sleepy Fist) by Tung, which focuses on a style of martial art akin to Drunken Fist and explosive martial arts in tandem. This often gives Meitenkun a rather erratic fighting style.
He conceals enough energy to earn himself the title of Tung's "secret weapon".
- Inheritance - The King of Fighters XIV