Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mr. Big in The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
|Full name||James (last name unknown)|
|Birthdate||July 4; 33 years old (AOF), 35 years old (KOF)|
|Height||187 cm (6'2")|
|Weight||81 kg (179 lbs)|
|Likes||The entirety of South Town|
|Dislikes||People who get in the way of his plans|
|Hobbies||Making plans to take over South Town, playing the drums|
|Favorite food||Recently he's crazy about Japanese food; caviar, foie gras (AOF)|
|Forte in sports||He's busy so he doesn't have time for sports|
|Special skill||Bossing around|
|Most unpleasant||Geese Howard|
|Weapon||Special Rattan Sticks|
While Mr. Big's real name is never fully revealed, John Crawley's bio in the manual for the first Art of Fighting makes reference to his combat buddy "James", who saved him after being shot. The manual for the Super NES version confirms that it was indeed Mr. Big who rescued John Crawley and that his first name starts with a J.
Art of FightingEdit
Mr. Big has been involved with the mob for as long as he can remember. A former kingpin of South Town, he was eventually overthrown by Geese Howard's organization. Nonetheless, Geese recruited Mr. Big, and he quickly rose through the ranks to become Geese's right-hand man.
While Geese was out of town on business, he left Big in charge. Under Geese's orders, Big has Takuma's daughter kidnapped as an added incentive to keep the unwilling father working for the organization. Unfortunately, the plan backfired when Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia fought their way through South Town to rescue her and find Takuma, leaving Mr. Big defeated.
In the second game when Geese hosts the first "King of Fighters" tournament, Big enters as a contestant to prove his power to those who once defeated him.
Neo Geo Battle ColiseumEdit
His story in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum serves as a (non-canon) prelude for his entry in the King of Fighters tournament. Mr. Big enters the coliseum and defeats WAREZ in a coup to drive them out of Southtown and increase the power of his own syndicate. As he celebrates his victory, he muses that he will enter the upcoming tournament to manage some way to take advantage of his future team members.
The King of FightersEdit
In 1996, Geese recruited Mr. Big and Wolfgang Krauser to form a team and enter the tournament. Mr. Big accepted the invitation on the grounds of possibly expanding the influence of his organization. During the tournament's conclusion, it is revealed that Geese had used his fellow teammates to gauge the strength of the Orochi power. Enraged, Mr. Big tries to use a sniper on Geese, but is thwarted by Billy. He then leaves, warning Geese that he will one day return the favor again.
In The King of Fighters XIV, in the South Town team ending, Mr. Big, called as James by Geese Howard, assaults their car, with Hein and Billy confronting the gunmen while allowing the crime boss to escape. The assault is likely the fulfillment of the threat he made back at KOF '96.
Self-confident and ambitious, Mr. Big will use any methods he deems necessary to get what he wants. He enjoys the feeling of complete control and the glory that comes with it. He hates being told what to do by others. Mr. Big also seems to enjoy being surrounded by women, often seen with a woman on each arm.
- Electric Stick: Mr. Big can release an electric ray from his sticks, either straight forward, or creating a wave along the floor.
- Burst of Flight: Mr. Big can fly forward completely horizontal for a short duration to attack a foe.
- Projectile Defense: While spinning rapidly with his sticks outward, Mr. Big can defend against other character's energy attacks without taking damage or even deflect them.
He fights using traditional Eskrima, a Filipino Martial Art under the Arnis system, and shows great mastery of the art despite being a gangster rather than a professional fighter or teacher. His weapon set can also extend and combine/separate for several of its techniques as well.
- Blue Moon Factory - Art of Fighting
- Blue Moon Factory - Oh Oh Big Mix - - Art of Fighting 2
- Dust Man - The King of Fighters '96
- Mr. Big - Art of Fighting anime
- Masaru Naka - The King of Fighters '96, The King of Fighters 2000, The King of Fighters: Kyo
- Nobuyuki Yuki - The King of Fighters XI, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- Iemasa Kayumi - Art of Fighting anime
- Cliff Lazenby - Art of Fighting anime (English voice)
- Yūki Ono - King of Fighters movie (Japanese voice)
Live Action ActorsEdit
- Art of Fighting
- Art of Fighting 2
- The King of Fighters '96
- The King of Fighters: Kyo
- The King of Fighters 2000 - as a PS2 Maniac Striker for Takuma
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- The King of Fighters XI - unlockable on PS2
- The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
- Quiz King of Fighters - as the kidnapper of Yuri
- Ryuuko no Ken (Pachislot)
- The King of Fighters '98 - in the USA Wharf stage
- The King of Fighters 2002 - in the Italy stage
- The King of Fighters XIII - background cameo
- The King of Fighters XIV - mentioned in the South Town Team ending as James, also mentioned by Hein as Mr. Big in his intro against King
- KOF: Maximum Impact - background cameo
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - background cameo
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo in the Art of Fighting Team and Kim Team stages
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden (Neo Geo CD version only)
- The King of Fighters (pachinko)
- Moeyo! KOF Daiundokai
- During his original appearance in the first Art of Fighting, Mr. Big was incapable of jumping or crouching; he had a special technique (a rolling stick thrust) whose command has never been found by players. The only way Mr. Big could avoid a ground projectile would be to time his Cross Diving special technique carefully, he is forced to block regular projectiles. He has gained the ability to jump since then.