Nightmare Geese (ナイトメア・ギース) is the nightmare manifestation of Geese Howard in the games where he is canonically considered dead. The Fatal Fury series did not give this version of Geese any character renaming. "Nightmare Geese" was originally a name coined by fans before it was accepted to be official in KOF: Maximum Impact 2.
The Fatal Fury series gives two different origins for the phantom: he may only haunt people's dreams or he may be an illusion cast by the Jin scrolls. It's implied that the latter appears as a normal Geese in Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers; he leaves his legacy in Billy's care before disappearing from existence.
The King of Fighters XIV has him be a DLC costume for Geese; wearing this costume also distorts his voice.
- Gather Chi: Geese can gather chi energy from Gaia, the mother-earth.
- Sense: Geese can sense the presence of people nearby.
- Energy Projectile: Geese can fire a wave of energy called Reppuken and even fire two of them at the same time (Double Reppuken). The air version is called Shippuken (for one shot) and Double Shippuken (for two shots).
- Energy Attack: Geese can infuse his normal attacks (punches, kicks, etc.) with chi energy to cause more damage.
- Cutting Energy: Geese can create blades of energy as seen in his Flying Solar Slash move.
- Energy Geyser: By touching the ground with his hands, Geese can make a geyser of energy come from below the ground. He called this attack Raising Storm or Raging Storm.
- Summon Thunder: Geese can summon lightning from the sky. He uses this in his Atemi Nage and Thunder Break moves.
Geese's fighting style remains generally unchanged, but this version is more powerful and faster than the normal Geese. He has an aura of chi energy around his feet.
- Geese ni Shoyu (Soy Sauce for Geese) - Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match (as EX Geese) (both arranged versions in E Minor), The King of Fighters XIV (as Terry's opponent)
- Geese ni Mustard (Mustard for Geese) - The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- Kiss Geese Once More - While never used explicitly for Geese, this theme is used in the "Infernal Gate" stage of both KOF: Maximum Impact and Maximum Impact 2. The stage is modeled after Geese's "throne room" from the original Fatal Fury.
- Soy Sauce for Koyadofu - The King of Fighters XIV
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special - hidden boss
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - unlockable
- KOF Maximum Impact Regulation A
- The King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match - as EX Geese
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters XIV - as a pre-order/DLC costume for Geese