- This list is incomplete. You can help improving it by editing.
- "Ora! Ora!" - "Come! Come!"
- "Sore ja, hajimeru ka?" - "Now then, shall we begin?"
- "Yoshi!" - "Alright!"
- "Shikujitta!" - "I've failed!"
- "Kuso..." - "Drat..."
- "Ko-oh Ken!"
- "Hien Shippukyaku!"
- "Raijin Setsu!"
- "Haoh Shokoken!"
- "Kyokugen-ryu Ougi!" - "Kyokugen-style Secret Technique!"
- "Moratta!" - "You're mine!"
- "Todome da!" - "It's over!"
- "Ichigeki hissatsu!" - "Single strike special attack!"
Art of FightingEdit
Intermission Dialogue Edit
- "Yuri...you can count on me." (Quote after winning against Todoh)
- "What a tough guy. I must improve my skills." (Quote after winning against Jack)
- "Last step. I'll kick every single guy in this town." (Quote after winning against Lee)
- "Yuri..." (Quote after winning against King)
- "Fighting a guy with a weapon. I must use "Haow-ken"." (Quote after winning against Mickey)
- "No matter who shows up, I'll beat him with my strength!" (Quote after winning against John)
- "......" (Quote after winning against Mr. Big)
- "Anytime, anywhere. Cross my path again and you are mine!"
- (Ryo defeats Mr. Karate and prepares for his finishing blow)
- Ryo: "HAOH--"
- Yuri: "Stop it, Ryo!"
- Ryo: "Yuri, are you okay? I've been worried about you."
- Robert: "Yuri!!"
- Yuri: "Yeah, I'm allright. Listen to me Ryo, that man is our..."
- TO BE CONTINUED?
Art of Fighting 2Edit
Pre-Battle Dialogue Edit
- Ryo: "Wow, this is the first time to fight a ninja. Cool!"
- Eiji: "So you're a user of Kyokugen! I hate Karate and people who practice it!"
- Ryo 1: I have seen you before, stud!
- Ryo 2: Let's see who is who, funny face!
- Ryo: "You again? You move quite well considering your age. Grampus!"
- Jack: "You really know how to frost my cake, sonny. Eat my shoes, bug!"
- Ryo: Quit the life in the service? You're probably a couch potato.
- John: I'm gonna teach you never to use "potato" in a demeaning vein!
- Ryo: Oooh! You are so feminine. I like it...
- King: I didn't come here to listen to your pick-up lines! Enough!
Lee Pai Long
- Ryo: The monkey-man comes. It's banana split time, pop.
- Lee: I'm at the top of my form, boy. I'm going to make a monkey of you!
- Ryo: How about it, Mr. Underworld Champ? Have you been training hard?
- Mickey: Heh, heh! You got a big mouth, junior. Why not come and see!
- Ryo: Long time no see, Big! Haven't yet quit using toys?
- Mr. Big: Let's say, I know which holes in which to put my pegs, pal!
- Ryo: What is this? You have bought a new car again! Whoa!
- Robert: Hey, you can't understand the coolness of a car like this.
- Ryo: You are my dad and I love you, but I'm going to knock you silly!
- Takuma: You should have stayed a glint in my eye, smart guy... Waah!
- Ryo: Oooh, be sure not to hurt me, ya big Mongolian madman, you!
- Temjin: You're about to learn your error in teasing a Mongolian sumo!
- Ryo: Oh, sis. You should really think this over again!
- Yuri: Oooh, scary. Please, let me off easy this time... Not!
- "It seems my Kyokugenryu karate was too much for you!"
- "Whew! Talk about kicking major butt. That was a chore!"
- "I am the original Ryo Sakazaki!" (Vs. Himself)
Special Stage DialogueEdit
- Agent: "Mr. Ryo Sakazaki? The Police Commissioner would like a word with you. Could you walk this way?"
- Ryo: "If I could walk that way...sure, I'll come along."
- Geese: "So your Takuma's little brat? A pleasure to meet you."
- Ryo: "You must be Duck!"
- Geese: "That's Geese, fool. A sad pun. I know, but...the fowl leader of Southtown. That's not the point. It's you I seek. Care to join forces with me and kick some Southtown butt?"
- Ryo: "You're Geese, my father's enemy. I know about your sick plans. They're kind of cool, but no."
- Geese: "Then face my wrath, wimp!!!"
- Ryo: "I'll never forgive you!"
- Geese: "Heh, it's all over."
- Ryo: "Eat this! HA OH-- Waaah. What the heck...!"
- Servant: "This way, Mr. Geese."
- Geese: "I have lost this time, but I will be back. For now, my farewell."
- Ryo: "Wait, where...? Geese!"
- Servant: "Mr. Geese, we are entering Japanese air space."
- Geese: "I see. How goes Southtown?"
- Servant: "Everything is going as planned. Just f-a-b, b-i-g g-u-y."
- Geese: "Tell me more. Don't spell it out."
- Servant: "OK, whoops, sorry. Anyway, it seems that Jeff Bogard is checking up on you and your actions. We don't know who this guy is."
- Geese: "Take care of him. Rub him out."
- Servant: "Rub him off. Got it."
- Geese: "Out! Twit! Kill him and get me control of Southtown. I have invested too much in this to see my plans ended. The city will be mine. All mine. Wah hah haaaah."
- Ryo: "Yes! I won! Whoo! Whoo!"
- Robert: "Oh yeah, Ryo. I'm proud to be your buddy and rival."
- Ryo: "Gosh, thanks, Robert!"
- Robert: "By the way, with travel fees, your loans, and other debts, I thought I'd take it out of your prize money. Here, three bucks."
- Ryo: "No way, dude! Wanna start something?"
- Robert: "No, I'm gonna finish something!"
- Ryo: "You rich twit!"
- Robert: "Shut up, peasant!"
Art of Fighting 3Edit
Story Mode Edit
1st Day: Rody Birts
- Rody: "Who? Robert Garcia?"
- Ryo: "He's supposed to be here somewhere. Do you know where he is?"
- Rody: "Yeah, he gave me a tough time yesterday. Tell me where Freia is first."
- Ryo: "What?"
- Rody: "Don't play dumb, idiot!"
- Narrator: "Ryo has been asked by Karman Cole, an agent from Garcia Foundation, to locate Robert who is missing. Ryo heads for Glasshill."
2nd Day: Wang Koh-San
- Yuri: "Look look, bro! He's cute. I wonder what his name is. Yaah! Help! Ryo!"
- (Hoeh-Hoeh starts pecking Yuri)
- Ryo: "What are you doing?! For Pete sake..."
- Wang: "Hey! Whacha doing! Leave Hoeh-Hoeh alone!"
- Ryo: "What?! We're the ones being attacked!"
- Wang: "Tease birds will you?!"
3rd Day: Lenny Creston
- (Ryo was walking, until Lenny whips him)
- Ryo: "Nice introduction... Who are you?"
- Lenny: "I don't want to do anything rough. Tell me Freia's whereabouts, that's all I ask. Okay?"
- Ryo: "Who are you talking about? Put that away."
- Narrator: "Searching for Robert, Ryo and Yuri walk through the city. A young girl tracks Ryo..."
- Kasumi: "Ryo Sakazaki... Come out! I will find you!"
4th Day: Sinclair
- Yuri: "Watch it, buddy! I'm a Karate expert."
- Sinclair: "Don't push your luck little girl. An expert with skinny arms like that? Ha!"
- Ryo: "Hey, what's all this?"
- Yuri: "I'm mad now! I'm gonna kick butt! Don't come begging for forgiveness later!"
- (Sinclair cuts Yuri's arm)
- Yuri: "Yaaah!"
- Sinclair: "You talk too much, missy!"
- Ryo: "Yuri! Why you!"
- Sinclair: "Knight in shining armor I believe... It's over, Karate boy!"
5th Day: Jin Fu-Ha
- ?: "Ryo of Kyokugen."
- Ryo: "Who're you?"
- Jin: "I seek Eiji Kisaragi!"
- Ryo: "Kisaragi? You know that ninja? What do ya want?"
- Jin: "Fight fool!"
6th Day: Kasumi Todoh
- Kasumi: "At last! You I found Ryo Sakazaki!"
- (Kasumi kneels down and introduces herself)
- Kasumi: "I'm Kasumi Todoh, I come from Japan to find you."
- Ryo: "I understand Japanese. What do you want?"
- Kasumi: "Oh!... Well, tell me where my father is."
- Ryo: "I don't know where he is!"
- Kasumi: "Hiding the truth? I shall make you tell me. With Todoh Style Kobujutsu taught by my father, I'll crush you! Ready yourself!"
7th Day: Karman Cole
- Ryo: "You tricked me Karman! You came to make Robert go home. Why didn't you tell me!?"
- Karman: "I did not mean to hide the truth. Very well, go home and practice that silly Karate!"
- Ryo: "Silly, huh?! I'll show you!"
8th Day: Robert Garcia
- Robert: "Oh, geez you?! I'll have you know..."
- Ryo: "Leave Freia to me, pal!"
- Robert: "Can't do it, ol' buddy!"
- Ryo: "Then I'll stop you!"
Final Day: Wyler
- Ryo: "You're Freia Lawrence? I'm Robert's friend, Ryo Sakazaki. Let's go home."
- Wyler: "Freia! Come back here!"
- Ryo: "She goes with me!"
- Wyler: "Freia what will you do? Will you go with him? Will you betray me as your father did? You can't do that, can you?!"
- Freia: "Just as you heard... I..."
- Wyler: "I thought so! Die!"
- (Wyler drinks the elixir and turns into his superhuman form)
- Freia: "Wyler, stop! You'll..."
- Wyler: "It's show time!"
- "Rivals make me stronger. Keep on practicing!"
1st Day: Rody Birts
- Ryo: "Now, where's Robert, dude!"
- Rody: "He's at Wyler's!"
2nd Day: Wang Koh-San
- Ryo: "You use a strange style. Had a tough time beat'n you!"
- Yuri: "Sigh. He's totally out. You were li'l tough on him bro."
3rd Day: Lenny Creston
- Ryo: "Tell me about a lady called Freia."
- Lenny: "She's not with Robert? Aren't they lovers or something? No?"
4th Day: Sinclair
- Ryo: "Who's this Wyler guy? Tell me now."
- Sinclair: He's got Freia, and they're probably at his father's grave. To complete that drug. Hurry and stop him. Hurry!
5th Day: Jin Fu-Ha
- Ryo: "Who are you, twit? Why are you after Kyokugenryu?"
- Jin: "I seek Eiji. The one who has stolen everything from me..."
6th Day: Kasumi Todoh
- Ryo: "I don't know anything about Ryuhaku. Go back to Japan!"
- Kasumi: "Kyokugen! I can't win! Father! Lead me to victory!"
7th Day: Karman Cole
- Ryo: "Return to Italy, and leave it to me!"
- Karman: "I must have underestimated you. But, I will not give up!"
8th Day: Robert Garcia
- Ryo: "Robert, please go to where Yuri is... okay?"
- Robert: "Wyler's tough. Take care of yourself. I understand about Yuri. Take care of Freia for me."
- Ryo: "Had enough, wimp king?"
- Wyler: "Oh, my head! Help, daddy..."
- Ryo: "Freia, let's get outta here!"
- Freia: "No, Ryo. I can't leave him here! It would be like as my father did, he abandoned Wyler's father... Sorry, Ryo. Tell Robert..."
- Ryo: "Are you sure? You might regret..."
- Freia: "I've made up my mind."
- Ryo: "Okay... Robert will probably understand."
- Robert: "Well, Ryo, a brief farewell."
- Ryo: "Yeah Robert... About Freia..."
- Robert: "She'll be okay. No problemo! No problem at..."
- (Robert gets closer to Yuri)
- Robert: "Why so glum, Yuri? Where's the happy Yuri that I know?"
- Yuri: "I... Robert... I just..."
- Robert: "Well, I better get going. See ya later, guys."
- (Robert walks away)
- Ryo: "Are you just letting him go?"
- Yuri: ".............."
- Ryo: "Geez, you're stubborn. Here..."
- (Ryo gives Yuri a plane ticket)
- Yuri: "Bro, this is a..."
- Ryo: "You better say it to him. Before I change my mind."
- (Yuri decides to go with Robert)
- Yuri: "...Thanks...bro..."
- Ryo: "Take care of her, Bobby!"
Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- "Hmmm not bad. One more time on the house. NOT!"
The King of Fighters '94Edit
- "We earn our living fighting!" (Vs. Brazil Team)
- "Go home before you get hurt!" (Vs. China Team)
- "Stop or you'll be injured bad!" (Vs. England Team)
- "This time, we won!" (Vs. Italy Team)
- "You fought the wrong opponent!" (Vs. Japan Team)
- "No match for Kyokugenryu!" (Vs. Korea Team)
- "We're alike? No way!" (Vs. Mexico Team)
- "You shouldn't fight anymore!" (Vs. USA Team)
The King of Fighters '95Edit
- "Fight, fight, fight. It's the only way to get tough!"
- "Gee. You really need to work on your technique!"
- "No second chances, pal. Go home and wrap those wounds!"
The King of Fighters '96Edit
- "A moment of weakness, months of pain!"
- "All right! Kyokugen proves it's power again. Woo! Woo!"
- "Kyokugen Karate is an art that will never fade away!"
The King of Fighters '98Edit
- "Absolute karate. That's Kyokugen. And don't forget it, dweebenheimer!"
The King of Fighters '99Edit
- "Dis Kyokugen Karate, will you?! Now savor the pain it brings."
The King of Fighters 2000Edit
- "Kyokugen Karate is peerless! But you realized that too late!"
- "I let my guard down. But I'm not out yet!"
The King of Fighters 2001Edit
- "Power in adversity. That's the Kyokugen way!"
- "Thought you'd beat Kyokugen? You gotta get serious, fool!"
- "Winning or losing isn't it. You'd know if you trained!"
- "The Unbeaten Wolf! Your legend ends today!" (Vs. Fatal Fury Team)
- "It's rude to hold back here. But I'll make it up to you!" (Vs. King)
- "Robert! Focus! You look like a weenie." (Vs. Robert)
The King of Fighters 2002Edit
- "You're a tough, kid! Work on your moves and you got a future!"
- "And that's Kyokugen Karate!"
- "Only a haoh-shoko ken can stop me! Not!"
- "Seymour, you've been fed! Been dying to say that!" (Vs. Robert)
- "You're no father of mine. Work on your moves, pops!" (Vs. Takuma)
- "And you call yourself a ninja now, do you?" (Vs. Yuri)
The King of Fighters 2003Edit
- "Do not ignore defeat. You must face it to overcome it."
- "Hold on! No show of gratitude after a match?"
- "I'm still ready for more! I won't be stopping here!"
- "Tricks can't beat Kyokugen! If you fight, fight fair."
- "What a weenie! Come to my dojo and I'll pump you up!" (Vs. Ash)
- "Why so blue, soldier? Considering your discharge?" (Vs. Ralf/Clark)
- "You got the style, but not the substance!" (Vs. Robert)
- "I win this one! I can't wait for the next match!" (Vs. Terry)
The King of Fighters XIEdit
- "That's enough for today! Here's a Kyokugen bye-bye: Osu!"
- "The battle of Kyokugen Karate continues! Stand up if you got the guts!"
- "There's no limit to the Way of Kyokugen. And me, too, of course!"
- "We're looking for students at my gym! ...Ah-hem. We're always looking for them."
- "If you're up against an armed enemy, you gotta use the Conqueror's Crunch!" (vs. Jyazu/Shion)
- "I'm blessed. Having an ideal foe so close... Hey, are you PO'ed at me? What gives?" (vs. King)
- "NOW do you understand? Don't ever show yourself in front of us again!!" (vs. Mr. Big)
- "Robert? I thought you couldn't participate!" (vs. Robert)
- "So, where did that Hungry Wolf go? Your fangs used to be sharper!" (vs. Terry)
- "You're still a tyro! Master the basics before getting creative!" (vs. Yuri)
KOF Maximum Impact 2Edit
Pre Battle DialoguesEdit
- Duke: "Fighting for your earnest sister? Hmph...How funny."
- Ryo "Quit talking and let me cave in your face."
- Rock: "Kyokugen Karate? I know someone else who uses that style..."
- Ryo: "I know someone with moves just like you!"
- Ryo: "We sure have...been at this for a while."
- Terry: "Yeah, but come on. It isn't all that bad, is it?"
- Ryo: "Yeah."
- Ryo: "Osu!"
- Yuri: "Hiyah!"
Pre Battle Dialogues (Mr. Karate II)Edit
- Mr. Karate: "You lost your mind?"
- Rock: "Kyokugen Karate? I know someone else who uses that style..."
- Mr. Karate: "If you think you know Kyokugen, you got another thing comin'!"
- Mr. Karate: "We sure have...been at this for a while."
- Wild Wolf: "Yeah, but come on. It isn't all that bad, is it?"
- Mr. Karate: "Yeah."
The King of Fighters XIIEdit
- "Oh, you are awake now? I cut you nails for you while you were out!" (Vs. Ash)
- "What do you say to "Psychic Powers + Kyokugen" for next year?" (Vs. Athena)
- "Ouch... Come to think of it, I've never been any good with electricity moves!" (Vs. Benimaru)
- "My old man's looking to stay active for another 30 years! Can he really do that?! There's no way, right?" (Vs. Chin)
- "If you're upset, Yagami, you should try working it out in training!" (Vs. Iori)
- 'If I tell myself it doesn't burn, it won't burn! It doesn't burn! It doesn't bur... Ouch..." (Vs. Kyo)
- "Could you bandage her up for me, Yuri? I think I might've overdone it a little..." (Vs. Leona)
- "That was a great fight! I was starting to not care whether I won or lost!" (Vs. Terry)
The King of Fighters XIIIEdit
- Ryo: "Shiranui style, eh? I should warn you that I know a thing or two about the ancient martial arts as well!"
- Andy: "Sorry to rain on your parade, but you won't be the victor today. Just as Kyokugen exceeds standard karate, Shiranui exceeds standard ancient martial arts."
- Ryo: "I see! I'll keep that in mind!"
- Ryo: "Listen up, boy! The only thing thay will guide you in life is the discipline of your own fists! You'll never get anywhere by siphoning away other people's powers!"
- Ash: "Thanks for the advice, but I'm not after your undoubtedly magnificent sweat-based powers... Anyway, just get out of my sight already, okay? You're really starting to tick me off..."
- Ryo: "Don't you think you're relying on your psychic powers too much!? It seems like you're neglecting your physical training. Once the chips are down, all you can truly rely on are your own arms and legs!"
- Athena: "Those and my mind! My Master has taught me now to wield my mind as a weapon well!"
- Ryo: "I see... It seems I've said too much then. Let's see what you're capable of!"
- Benimaru: "This goes for Daimon too but I can't stand your spirit and willpower speech. Change your tune every one in a while!"
- Ryo: "What's the matter? We haven't even started yet and you're already looking pale! Are you eating proper meals? You can't just be concerned with your figure! You need calories, protein... a balanced diet! Bad diet means bad willpower and only spirit and willpower matter!"
- Benimaru: "That's exactly what I'm talking about! You sound like a self-help book! I don't know if you're going to try and hit me or charge me $99 for your seminar!"
- Ryo: "I'm not interested in getting involved with gangs and the mafia and stuff but I'll be more than happy to fight you as a practitioner of the martial arts!"
- Billy: "You gotta be kidding me! I don't think anyone ever called me a martial artist before. Now let's see some of that Kyokugen style that Geese always speaks so highly of!"
- Ryo: "I know a lot about Kung Fu, but all of my knowledge just seems to go out the window when I look at you...."
- Chin: "Make no mistake, young grass-jumping creature! Kung Fu is more profound than you can imagine! It would take you more than 4000 years to comprehend all of it!"
- Ryo: "Then I'll fight you and learn just as much as I can from that!"
- Ryo: "You're the polar opposite to that army buddy of yours. But, you're both quite formidable opponents."
- Clark: "That is very kind of you to say, but you're not exactly a pushover yourself, either. Our manual even states that we need to approach Kyokugen fighters with utmost care. Let's see.... How should I go about this? This is making me more nervous than disarming a bomb."
- Ryo: "I can't help you with that, but I can give you some advice about fighting.... Don't get hung up on the details and attack!"
- Duo Lon: "I can tell just by looking at you that you are strong. But not strong enough to defeat me."
- Ryo: "Isn't a bit early to jump to conclusions? You might be surprised by what a proper fight can teach you."
- Duo Lon: "I see... I guess there's some sense in that."
- Ryo: "See? That's what so fun about fighting! So let's get started!"
- Elisabeth: "Your fists embody both vigor and simplicity.... But what you gain in simplicity, you also gain in predictability."
- Ryo: "I'll admit I may be a bit too predictable, but what about you, huh? Don't they say that beauty fades?"
- Elisabeth: "Let us see which of us is correct. We shall have our answer soon enough."
- Evil Ash: "Kyokugen Style Karate? Kyokugen means extreme and that implies limits and restrictions. What a perfect name for such a worthless piece of trash. It's good to know you have an accurate image of yourself."
- Ryo: "You do not seem to understand. Kyokugen is about exceeding your limits! It's abour reaching new heights beyond your former limits, not your twisted definition!"
- Evil Ash: "Well, allow me to show you the limits of being humans. Limits that you cannot possibly hope to ever exceed!"
- Ryo: "I know you probably don't wanna hear this, but I actually kinda enjoy fighting you. I believe that fighting against strong warriors only makes me stronger too!"
- Iori: "Hmph... You "seeking true strength" types are a really pathetic bunch aren't you?"
- Ryo: "Hey, if you have some free time, would care to join me on one of my ascetic sessions in the mountains? No one I know ever wants to come along. Robert and Yuri said there's no way they'd even think about it."
- Daimon: "Very well. It would be my honor to join you."
- Ryo: "Really!? What a relief! Now I can give my full concentration to the fight at hand!"
- Ryo 1: "This is gonna sound odd coming from me but... Is there really anything to gain from trying to look like me?"
- Ryo 2: "Good question... I'm wondering the same thing.I'm not letting anyone else be called "The Invincible Dragon" though."
- Ryo 1: "Good call... I agree! That's one of the few things I can actually pride myself on!"
- Saiki: "So you say you'll never step down, no matter what you're facing? That's not courage, it's just plain stupid!"
- Ryo: "I'm a simple man, I'll admit. But it's helped me reach incredible heights so far! I'll never give up! I'm gonna aim for the top, and nothing's gonna get in my way!"
- Saiki: "And that's why you're going to end up stranded half-way to the top. Hahaha...Nothing but destruction awaits those who fail to learn their place!"
- Hwa: ""The Invincible Dragon?" Don't make me laugh! You'd better ditch that name right now!"
- Ryo: "Hey, it's not like I gave myself the nickname. Even still, it's going to take more than you to get me to change it.If you want me to change my name, why don't you try and take it from me, huh? Strength is all that matters here after all!"
- Hwa Jai: "You think some karate man from some poor dojo in the middle of nowhere can defeat the True Champion!? Hehehe! Then I'll grant you wish and feed you to my Dragon Kick!"
- Ryo: "Hey Yagami, be honest with me here. You know, right? You know that even if you defeat Kyo Kusanagi, your anger's still gonna be there, right? So why are you fixated on it, huh?"
- Iori: "Are you trying to be helpful or something? You're pathetic. If you stand in my way, I'll end you. It's that simple."
- Joe: "I'll acknowledge your spirit and willpower, but you still won't be able to defeat me!"
- Ryo: "I'm intrigued, Champion. What makes you think that?"
- Joe: "Because skill and willpower alone will always lose to skill, willpower, and talent combined!"
- Ryo: "I think the only real difference between us is that you're way too into yourself."
- Ryo: "Hey, why don't you lighten up and have some fun, huh? You're on the big stage now!"
- K': "Shut up. I'm not here to have fun... So I'm gonna make this quick... Get ready."
- Ryo: "You're only going to make mistakes, if you're gonna fight like that! Put some weight behind those moves if you wanna dish out some meaty punishment!"
- Ryo: "Sorry buddy, but I don't really care about good and evil. I just want to become a better fighter. I only want to be stronger! That's all!"
- Kim: "I respect the fact that you constantly seek to improve yourself... But the strong also have a duty to fulfill! This is something you must understand!"
- King: "Let's Go, Ryo! And don't you even dare to go easy on me!"
- Ryo: "Don't worry! I always put everything into every fight!"
- King: "Haha, you probably couldn't even go easy if you tried..."
- Ryo: "Going easy on you won't get me anywhere, anyway! That's why i always like fighting you!"
- Ryo: "Why don't you join my Kyokugen dojo? You're still young, so it should be a great experience!"
- Kula: "Sure as long as Diana can join too! Kyokugen sounds great!"
- Ryo: "Great! If we get more girls in dojo, I'm sure it'll make Yuri a bit less grouchy."
- Kula: "So what is Kyokugen anyway? Can I eat it? Is it cold?"
- Ryo: "This tournament is broadcast live across the entire planet! It's the perfect chance for me to show everyone on Earth how fearsome Kyokugen Style Karate is!"
- Kyo: "I'm not trying to destroy the Sakazaki family's income... But there's not a soul out there who's going to want to enroll in your school after they watch happens to Kyokugen here! Sorry, but I'm not going to act as the underdog! I've already wasted too much time here!"
- Ryo: "What's the matter, huh? Those eyes of yours lack vigor. You can't win if your heart's not in it!"
- Leona: "Whatever you say... This is who I am..."
- Ryo: "Of course it's important to stay calm but in the end, it all comes down to spirit! Remember that!
- Leona: "Are you even listening?"
- Ryo: "Thanks for always taking care of my little sis! But, I'm not gonna give you any favors here, ninja girl!"
- Mai: "I wouldn't want you to. But, are you sure you wanna do this, Big Brother? I've been training with Yuri a lot, so your Kyokugen style might not work on me, you know?"
- Ryo: "Don't think you've seen Kyokugen by studying my sister. Her style is far too unorthodox!
- Mature: "You look so strong.... I wonder how many hits you can take. Would you be a dear and show me what you look like writhing around in pain!"
- Ryo: "I'm sorry, but that's a bit too odd for my tastes. You should find someone else who's more into that kind of thing. I don't think you'll find many takers, though...."
- Ryo: "I don't care if you're a cyborg or a robot! I will break you down with my fists!"
- Maxima: "Hey, hey, there's no need for that! Think about what you're doing to other people, okay?"
- Ryo: "Don't worry! After the match I'll stick some bandages on you and slap some new batteries in, and you'll be right as rain!"
- Maxima: "You don't have any idea how a cyborg works, do you...?"
- Mr. Karate: "Let me see if you have what it takes to inherit the title of the Unbeatable Karateka..."
- Ryo: "Dad's Dad, and I'm me. I'm not looking to inherit anything from anyone... But I'm not about to turn my back on a good challenge."
- Mr. Karate: "That's the spirit! Use all your might to crush my Demon Fist, Ryo!"
- Kyo: "Hey man... Haven't you ever wondered what's the point in following your father's footsteps?"
- Ryo: "I'm not following in his footsteps. I just ended up being really good at karate somehow. Besides, if it hadn't been for karate, Yuri and I would never have survived in that town. But why do you ask? Is something bothering you?"
- Kyo: "No... No, forget about it. Let's just start fighting. And let's make this a good one!"
- Ryo: "Wow..you're big! As a sumo wrestler, the odds are in your favor!"
- Raiden: "Don't be an idiot! I'm a pro wrestler, not a sumo wrestler!"
- Ryo: "What's the difference? Either way, I'm still fighting some twice my weight and with ten times my body fat... I'm ready for you!"
- Raiden: "We'll see about that! I'll mash you to a bloody pulp!"
- Ryo: "I'm used to fighting with you army types, but you look like you're going to push me to the limit."
- Ralf: "Of course! Who exactly are you comparing me to? I'm still on active duty -- always on the front line! Don't compare me to a reservist!"
- Ryo: "I welcome any and all strong opponents. It will be nice to fight a war veteran for once!"
- Ralf: "I'm not really one to talk, but...you're an odd one, aren't you? He he he...."
- Ryo: "How many fights have we fought now? It's gotta be several hundred by now...."
- Robert: "I guess so. I don't remember every single one of them, though. But I do know that I won most of them."
- Ryo: "Ha ha, like heck you did! I'm the leader in this matchup, Robert!"
- Robert: "Really? Well, it doesn't matter anyway. I don't care about my past records. I don't care about the past. I'm only interested in the present, Ryo! Who wants to live in the past!?"
- Ryo: "You're right. It's not about who used to be stronger; it's about who's stronger now!"
- Saiki: "You think strength gives you invincibility? When did humans stop envolving like this?"
- Ryo: "Who can say? But the moment you underestimate your opponent is the exact moment that your strength reaches its limits!"
- Saiki: "You humans have a silly answer for everything, don't you? It's such a chore to listen to!"
- Shen: "Kyokugen style karate... The style is known even in Shanghai... Only by name though."
- Ryo: "Well how about I open a Shanghai branch to open Kyokugen style there? You could run the school after you get some lessons. How about it?"
- Shen: "Are you kidding me!? I'm not gonna work for your freaking school!"
- Ryo: "Of course I'm kidding about you running a school in my name. But I AM going to give you some lessons now!"
- Ryo: "Your eyes look different from before. You look like you've been to Hell and back kid..."
- Kensou: "That's right! Don't think I'm the same guy I used to be, I'll give you a taste of my new powers!"
- Ryo: "Some things should be discarded and some should be kept. Knowing which is the most difficult thing. But you have a great teacher and some skilled companions. I look forward to seeing what will become of you!"
- Kensou: "Thanks... Hey, wait a minute! What's with that tone!? You sound like you're an old wise man looking after his students! Like you're on a different level than I am!? I just told you that you're facing the new me!"
- Ryo: "Even so, it will be a long time before I lie at the feet of someone as young as you."
- Takuma: "Ryo... I haven't told you everything I know about Kyokugen yet!"
- Ryo: "I'm not going to go back to studying now! If you want to teach me, you'll have to do it through fighting now, Dad!"
- Takuma: "That's my boy! Defeat me and you will learn the true essence of our fighting style!"
- Terry: "Now that I think about it, we have quite a long and unusual history together, don't we? How many years has it been?"
- Ryo: "I've lost count. You're right, it's been a long time. Now that we ever do anything besides fight, though..."
- Terry: "That just means we were made from the same mold! So shall we begin, Ryo Sakazaki?"
- Ryo: "Anytime you're ready, Terry Bogard!"
- Vice: "Don't you see? No matter how many years you train, there's a concrete limit to what you humans can do!"
- Ryo: "I don't buy that for a second. I believe in infinite possibilities!"
- Vice: "I'll show you just how wrong you are! Humans are too weak and insignificant to ever get anywhere!"
- Ryo: "And even if you do, I will keep trying to reach the highest point possible no matter what!"
- Ryo: "Yuri, I still don't agree with you learning karate."
- Yuri: "Isn't it a bit too late for that now? You're always worrying way too much! This should be a good opportunity to show you that I hold my own as a fighter!"
- Ryo: "All right, attack me with full strength! I won't hold anything back either!"
- "When did you become such a coward? You can do better than this, right?" (Vs. Andy)
- "You should start working on developing some muscle. Come along. I'll train you!" (Vs. Ash)
- "I think I've finally figured out how to deal with that psychic power of yours." (Vs. Athena)
- "I know there's more to you than meets the eye! I won't underestimate you!" (Vs. Benimaru)
- "Go back to Geese, and tell him this: We of the Kyokugen style are ready to fight any time!" (Vs. Billy)
- "Hats off to Kung Fu! It never ceases to amaze me!" (Vs. Chin)
- "Didn’t go according to your simulations, huh? Kyokugen isn't that simple!" (Vs. Clark)
- "Looks like even you tried to rush to victory! But your chances disappeared at that very moment!" (Vs. Daimon)
- "You think you can stop my punches with that scrawny body? Put on some muscle!" (Vs. Duo Lon)
- "Tricks won't work on Kyokugen! If you want to beat me, be prepared to sacrifice everything!" (Vs. Elisabeth)
- "Red or black, Kyokugen-style karate is not afraid of a handful of flames!" (Vs. Evil Ash)
- "Martial arts control the malice within ourselves! I won't lose to one who has given in to that malice!" (Vs. Flames Iori)
- "There's no point in just duplicating looks! There was no spirit in your punches!" (Vs. Himself)
- "Strength, skill, luck... Many elements decide the outcome of battle, but you simply lack the conviction!" (Vs. Human Saiki)
- "Why do you rely on that weird medicine with your skills!? You need to train your mind first!" (Vs. Hwa)
- "What can a fist controlled by malice do? Get a hold of yourself, Yagami!" (Vs. Iori)
- "I thought I knew a bit about Muay Thai, but you gave me a run for my money..." (Vs. Joe)
- "You'll never be a fighter while being that antisocial. If you want to get stronger, you need to open up a bit." (Vs. K')
- "I win, you lose. So what? It’s what you do with the experience that counts!" (Vs. Kensou)
- "You shouldn't be satisfied with just one victory. You need to keep on going!" (Vs. Kim)
- "Right, I'm warmed up, let's go again! You're not quitting now, are you?" (Vs. King)
- "It’s good to see vigorous children! Maybe I should open a beginner’s class?" (Vs. Kula)
- "Isn't it too early for you to stay down? I'm sure there's some fire left in you!" (Vs. Kyo)
- "Every fighting style is a potential rival. That includes army combat!" (Vs. Leona)
- "Why do you hop around so much? To me, you're just leaving yourself wide open!" (Vs. Mai)
- "I'm not good at going easy on people. Sorry, but I can't stop being serious." (Vs. Mature)
- "Going up against heavy firearms, I have no choice but to use the Haoh Shoukou Ken!" (Vs. Maxima)
- "This isn't the kind of karate I'm looking for... but I will use what I learned today to find my own way!" (Vs. Mr. Karate)
- "Good fight! How about joining our dojo? A change of pace might do you some good!" (Vs. NESTS-Styled Kyo)
- "You're a tough man! I should get back to the dojo and practice some more." (Vs. Raiden)
- "You think all you need is power? Kyokugen can take more than that!" (Vs. Ralf)
- "I look forward to fighting you again. You're my one true rival, Robert!" (Vs. Robert)
- "Yes, you’re strong. But that is all! Kyokugen won't lose to lifeless fists!" (Vs. Saiki)
- "You want to be stronger, huh? You should join our dojo!" (Vs. Shen)
- "Seriously Dad, just retire already! Losing this badly is a sign!" (Vs. Takuma)
- "It's great to fight with you or against you! I'm lucky to have you around!" (Vs. Terry)
- "It's a long, hard road to the top, but I don't intend to stand still!" (Vs. Vice)
- "You're still not strong enough to defeat me. If you can't accept that, then train! There's no shortcuts!" (Vs. Yuri)
The King of Fighters XIVEdit
- Ryo: "Geese... My spirit will never give in to a villain like you. It's the essence of Kyokugenryu Karate!"
- Geese: "Then show me that spirit of yours, just like you did the last time."
- Ryo: "Exactly! I'll hit you with all my spirit's strength!"
- Geese: "Come at me then, "Invincible Dragon." I'll make this the last day for Kyokugenryu."
- Daimon: "Alright, Kyokugen style! Show me all you've got!"
- Ryo: "Finally! A perfect opponent! My spirit is unleashed! I'll take you down in about two seconds, Goro Daimon!"
- Daimon: "That's what I hoped for!"
- Ryo: "King! Come over here with me!"
- King: "Huh?! What do you mean...by that?"
- Ryo: "Your kick techniques, the strong limbs that support them, and your perseverance. All of it is top class... I think you'd be a perfect example for my students."
- King: "Oh, oohh, that's what you're talking about. Of course. You caught me off guard..."
- Ryo: "If I win I'm gonna take you on as a student, whether you like it or not!"
- King: "Hmph... I'll give it some thought, Mr. Sakazaki."
- "Sorry, I overdid it a little… Take care of them, Yuri!"
- "You think this is a game? If you want to beat me, come at me with everything you’ve got!"
- "It’s too late once you get injured! Go home if you’re not serious!"
- "Too eager to succeed? I could see the impatience in your fists, and that changed the course of our fight!"
- "Kyokugen style has no blind spots!"
- "Yeah, this is the real Kyokugen style! Anyone willing, come sign up!"
- "What, what happened?! Show me more spirit!"
- "That match felt great! I’d like to face you again!!"
- "Nice skills! Come with me to train in the mountains sometime!"
- "Great guts and spirit! Could you come face my students sometime?"
- "Do you understand the difference of skill between us? Then come back when you’re ready!"
- "Are you hurt? You weren’t someone I could take it easy with, so I gave it my all."
- "You’re making progress, but not enough to beat me yet!!"
- "I will keep this victory in my heart as a step toward improving the Kyokugen style!"
- "A great match where we both gave it our all! Come by my dojo to spar some time!!"
- "Well done! I won this time, but your strength is impressive. Let’s aim higher together!"
- "Well fought!! "
- "No time to be depressed, you can learn a lot from defeat! Devote yourself to your training!"
- "Are you angry? Then devote yourself more to training!"
- "You’ve got talent; I’ll take care of you at my dojo! Follow me!"
- "Heart, skills, body, you’re lacking all of it! Practice more!!"
- "I’m responsible for Kyokugen style. I can’t lose so easily!"
- "This is Kyokugen style! Come by anytime if you want to learn!"
- "That toughness! Come show it to my students!"
- "I can see your lack of focus in your punches. Next time, clear your mind!"
- "What’s that nonsense fighting style?! You’ve got no fundamentals… I’ll train you up!" (Vs. Angel)
- "You seriously call yourself a champion?! Alright, let’s go one more time!" (Vs. Antonov)
- "Force wins over flexibility. No matter how flexible you are, you can’t take hits from me!" (Vs. Daimon)
- "Etch this into your soul!! My Kyokugen style will defeat you as many times as it takes!!" (Vs. Geese)
- "If you're with Geese then remember this! The Kyokugen style defeats all!" (Vs. Hein)
- "So long as your fists thirst for blood, you can't beat the Kyokugen style!!" (Vs. Iori)
- "You’ve made progress! I saw a dragon in your punch for a second there!" (Vs. Kensou)
- "Training with your master… I have to take another look at myself. When I get home, I’ll have father train me!" (Vs. Kim)
- "Shout from your diaphragm! You need to train at my dojo, starting with your spirit!" (Vs. Kukri)
- "Fists trained in the Kyokugen style can break a measly ice pillar in one blow. Your skills need more practice before they’ll work on me!" (Vs. Kula)
- "If you just sit on your talents, you’ll never get stronger!" (Vs. Kyo)
- "Battles against Kung Fu users are always great. Let’s do it again!" (Vs. Mui Mui)
- "It’s great talking with our fists! I could feel the heat in your soul!" (Vs. Ralf)
- "If I look with my mind’s eye, I can read your moves. That’s another thing the Kyokugen style can do!" (Vs Ramon)
- "You’re stronger than that. Show me the power of the Kyokugen style!" (Vs. Robert)
- "You must first know yourself to properly use your strength! You won’t improve if you train without knowing yourself!" (Vs. Shun'ei)
- "Splendid footwork, as always! I couldn't helped but be more impressed!" (Vs. King)
- "You're worthy of the name "Legendary Hungry Wolf"! That was a close match!!" (Vs. Terry)
- "You almost had it!! But your moves are still lacking; we’ll restart your special training when we get back!" (Vs. Yuri)
- "Those flowing movements were amazing! Truly flawless form!" (Vs. Zarina)
The King of Fighters 2006Edit
- "Well... let's do it!"
- "Quit talking and let me cave in your face." (Vs. Duke)
- "Even with a mug like that I still remember you. Bring it on, freakshow!" (Vs. Geese)
Capcom vs SNK 2Edit
- (Both Ryo and Ryu jumped back from each other before they fight)
- (Ryo facepalms in disbelief before he fights her)
- "Come on! Let's have another fight! I'm not tired yet!!"
- "Don't hesitate to try and fight me again!!"
- "Here's a hint on how to beat me. "WATCH MY HANDS!"
- "I can deal with any opponents with my Kyokugen style!"
- "I can never lose! After all, I must live up to my impressive reputation!"
- "People call me the "Invincible Dragon"!"
SVC Chaos: SNK vs CapcomEdit
- Ryo: "Huh?! Where am I?"
- Athena: "This is Heaven."
- Ryo: "So this is Heaven? ...OK, I've seen enough. Now send me back, toots!"
- Athena: "Yeek."
- Ryo: "Hey, how did you attach those big old knee and shoulder pads in there?"
- Bison: "That's enough chatter."
- Ryo: "Those babies in-sewn?"
- Bison: "You prattling cretin... Put a sock in it!"
- Ryo: "...You're impervious! Way to go, pops."
- Dhalsim: "Belligerent young one. Learn the ways of yoga, and regain tranquility."
- Ryo: "Enough of your sermons. Any more and I'll bop you right back to Bombay."
- Dhalsim: "Yoga."
- Ryo: "All right!"
- Iori: "Who're you?"
- Ryo: "Well, Yagami, I've come to teach you a lesson!"
- Iori: "Want to die, do you?"
- Ryo: "...So, where're your ghoulish flunkies today?"
- Kim: "Ha ha ha. I don't always lead 'em by the nose, you know."
- Ryo: "Whatever. How about teaching me some new moves, eh?"
- Kyo: "So, how goes the dojo?"
- Ryo: "Don't ask!"
- Kyo: "...Oh, yeah?"
- Ryo: "Well, well... Let's see this mighty Shiranui power, shall we?"
- Mai: "Always the cocky one. Very well, then. Bring it on, beefcake!"
- Ryo: "Time for a changing of the guard, old timer."
- Mr. Karate: "In your dreams, sonny."
- Ryo: "I'll show you, pops."
- Mr. Karate: Not!"
- Ryo: "Care to become one of my disciples?"
- Tessa: "Unfortunately, my interest is limited to scientific analyses."
- "Hey, don't knock me, pal. This is my profession. I lose and there's no tomorrow."
- "Hey, you raucous rube. Thank me after a match is over."
- "Kyokugen rules!"
- "You got talent, kiddo. How about it? Join my dojo and I'll pump you up!"
- "...I-I'm sorry. Got a little carried away. Hey, are you really OK?" (Vs. Dan)
- "There sure are a lot of freaks in this koo-koo nutty world." (Vs. Demitri/Mars People)
- "Time you acted your age..." (Vs. Mr. Karate/Shin Mr. Karate)
SNK vs Capcom: Match of the MillenniumEdit
- "My father'd break you in two, jerk!"
- "You can't beat me like that, tyro!"
- "You're pathetic. Drop by my gym."
- "You got spunk! Be my disciple!" (Vs. Dan)