|SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy|
Flyer, showing Athena, Kula & Kukri. Illustration by Ogura
|Developer(s)||SNK, Sega, Abstraction Games (Nintendo Switch)|
|Publisher(s)||SNK, NIS America (Nintendo Switch, PS4), Taito (Arcade)|
|Release date||Nintendo Switch & PlayStation 4|
JP September 6, 2018
INT September 7, 2018
|Game modes||Single-player, multiplayer|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Arcade|
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (SNKヒロインズ Tag Team Frenzy) is a 2.5D 2-on-2 tag team fighting game and a spiritual successor to SNK Gals' Fighters which also feature various female heroines from the SNK universe.
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is a 2-on-2 fighting game and can have up to four players clashing in either local play or online.
Utilizing the Spirit Gauge, players can activate Special Moves with a single button, and make use of special items to change the tide of battle. When the Spirit Gauge is low, attacks will be weaker, so players can swap between characters. When enough health has been chipped away from an opponent and their Life Gauge is red, players can use their Dream Finish technique to win the match.
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy allows spectating of other battles online, and allows viewers to wage on who they think will win using in-game points. Winnings can be used to buy voice clips and over 140 accessories in an all-new costume system, to customize heroines. Each heroine has three base costume choices that can be further accessorized and four different voice sets. Accessories include everything from hats to wings. While these costumes can be used in battles, players can also have their heroines pose for photoshoots with special backgrounds and stamps.
Extra online game functions include Quick Play (can also earn in-game currency here) and an 8-player Room Match.
- Athena Asamiya
- Kula Diamond
- Mai Shiranui
- Yuri Sakazaki
- Leona Heidern
- Sylvie Paula Paula
- Love Heart
- Mui Mui
- Terry Bogard (Female Version)
- Grand Hall: The hall of the castle where the fighters are imprisoned. Can be seen a red carpet, banners, stained glasses, candelabra, pillars and statues statues referencing Kukri.
- Passageway: A white hall. Can be seen statues, sunlights, chandeliers, chairs, pillars, a big door and wind roses in the floor, besides a portrait of Kukri's win pose in The King of Fighters XIV.
- Courtyard: A balcony, in a sunset. Statues and flower arrangements decorate the stage. Also can be seen doors and pillars.
- Dining Room: A giant and gorgeous salon. Can be seen pillars, the principal dinner table, windows, doors with curtains, a fireplace, a handrail and candlesticks, besides a potrait of Kukri.
- Library: A two-story library with a giant statue of Kukri. Can be seen books on the shelves, in the second floor, stairs giving access to the ground floor, a large stained glass window and lamps, besides flying books.
- Occult Mansion: A balcony falling apart. Can be seen torn banners, pillars, lamps, candlesticks and loose stone tiles, besides a giant statue with hood.
- Audience Chamber: An giant and empty stone arena. Can be spotted big pillars, banners, doors, torches and a throne, besides a energy ball in the background. Associated with Kukri.
- The female version of Terry Bogard that appears in this game appears to be an approximation of his form in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos after he is hit by Demitri's Midnight Bliss attack.
- Part of the collaboration with Square Enix’s latest own fighting game adaption of the online free-to-play card game Million Arthur series, Million Arthur: Arcana Blood, whereas Iori Yagami is that game’s guest character, in exchange of having Million Arthur character Thief Arthur as this game’s guest character.