Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Setsuna in The Last Blade 2
|Birthplace||His spirit was born in the Makai and his body was born in Japan.|
|Weight||75kg (165 lbs)|
|Job/Occupation||Messenger from Afar|
|Dislikes||Any lifeforms on earth, fertility|
|Weapon||Eighty Days Unwillingly Harbored Blade (八十枉津日太刀, Yaso Magatsu Hi no Tachi)|
|Fighting style||Unnamed (Kill) (無名(殺), Mumei (Satsu))|
Setsuna (刹那) is a character in the The Last Blade series of fighting games. He first appeared in The Last Blade 2 and is voiced by Takaya Yamauchi. In many ways, Setsuna substitutes Moriya Minakata as Kaede's rival, especially in terms of fighting style. His official nickname is "The Dark Soul" (暗闇の殺戮剣). He is symbolized by his owl, Nagi, and his black katana.
Setsuna was a spirit in the Makai filled with an insatiable need to kill. When Shinnosuke Kagami opened the Hell's Gate, Setsuna escaped to the human world. Wandering about, Setsuna found the body of a infant in a battlefield and possessed it. His power made the body grow to adulthood. He slaughtered many until he decided to obtain himself a weapon. He finds Hibiki Takane's father, a master blacksmith, and orders him to make him a powerful, unbreakable sword. For eighty days, Hibiki's father wouldn't eat or sleep in order to create the blade. When he finishes it, he passes away. Setsuna continues his massacre while beginning his search for the Sealing Maiden. He plans to kill her to keep Hell's Gate open and to insure he would never have return to the Makai.
In his ending, he kills Kouryu and Yuki, leaving the gate open for others to come through (this is non-canon however).
A maniac, Setsuna loves to kill. He was a feared spirit in the Makai, and now freely strikes down those who cross his path. He feels no remorse for his needless bloodshed, seemingly tolerating only the company of his owl.
These are the powers he has while in his spiritual form.
- Possession - Setsuna could enter the body of dead beings and reanimate them.
- Mature Body - Setsuna can mature the possessed body up to physical perfection.
These are the powers he used while in a physical form.
- Dark Energy - Setsuna's blade is infused with dark energies and will leave arcs of negative plasma when it slashes.
- Dark Electrokinesis - Setsuna has some power over electricity due to his Makai origins.
- Electric Attacks - Setsuna can infuse his sword and hands with dark electricity.
- Electric Protection - Setsuna can infuse his whole body with dark electricity. This makes him invulnerable to physical attacks for a short time. This protection makes him not flinch when receiving damage, making him even more formidable in combat. If he wants, after using this power, he can channel all the electricity in his body into one powerful attack that paralyzes and shocks his opponent for a short time, leaving them open to another attack.
- Summon Lightning - Setsuna can summon lightning from the sky and transform it into dark electricity. He can absorb lightning's energy and empower his Electric Protection power, making it last longer than usual.
- Damage Soul - Setsuna can capture the enemy's soul in a mirror and smash it.
Concerned only with killing his opponents, Setsuna possesses little regard for technique and finesse. He uses a variety of wide and powerful slashes and quick jumping attacks to subdue his opponents, occasionally adding in lightning-based strikes in the mix.
In one of the many cases of balance issues, Setsuna is considered powerful in either styles. In Power, Setsuna's basic attacks is more than enough to wear an enemy down. In Speed (or better yet, EX), Setsuna's health and endurance for attacks is lowered, but his attack damages reaches near-Power level. His access to his SDM in EX is the reason why Speed Setsuna players are rare.
Also, his super armor is a game-changer, a critical table turner, and at times, a way to prevent flinching from single attacks. Because his basic attacks often hit twice, attacking with his super armor active gives him somewhat an insurance against being countered, and helps him to be nigh unstoppable, as long as the enemy isn't carrying out multiple hitting attacks.
- The Last Blade 2
- The Last Blade - Beyond the Destiny - unlockable
- The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 - cameo, as one of Iori's costumes
- Days of Memories (eighth title) - NPC