Kagami in The Last Blade 2
|Full name||Shinnosuke Kagami|
|Birthdate||February 22, 1833|
|Height||181 cm (5' 11")|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lbs)|
|Job/Occupation||Avatar of Suzaku|
|Dislikes||Things that pollute his aesthetics|
|Weapon||Fortunate Phoenix (瑞鳳, Zuihō), a treasured sword|
|Fighting style||Haste Sword - Flame of the Suzaku (焦刀・朱雀の炎, Shōtō - Suzaku no Honoo)|
Shinnosuke Kagami (嘉神 慎之介, Kagami Shinnosuke) is a 30 year-old character from the Last Blade series. He was the featured boss character of the first game but he became a playable character in the sequel. His symbolic items are western clothing and his sword. His official slogan is "Crisis Christ": 堕天の剣.
He was modeled after the anime character Shinobu Sensui, one of the main antagonists in YuYu Hakusho (he even had a mole on his face during his earlier concepts). The choice to dress him in an inverness cape was made to represent Japan's growing acceptance of foreign ideals, which was deliberately meant to be ironic to his role in the first game.
He is voiced by Makoto Awane.
Kagami is one of the guardians of “Hell’s Gate”, a portal that allows demons and evil energy to seep through to the mortal plane humans call Earth. After residing over his position and finding (or so he thought) that the humans he protected were weak and inferior to himself, he decides to release the seal on the portal. Along with this, he goes on a horrific killing spree, murdering various warriors including Gaisei.
After five years of preparatory action to unseal the gate, including imprisoning his fellow guardian, Shigen Naoe, Shinnosuke is eventually found by Kaede, who has the latent power of the Seiryū. Kaede defeats him; humiliated by his defeat, Kagami is thrown into the depths of Hell’s Gate as eternal punishment. However, he is soon reincarnated in a new form to fulfill his role as a guardian, as the portal is being opened by another force. Kagami sets out to fulfill his destiny, and to seek atonement.
Shinnosuke Kagami is a refined gentlemen who is pretentious to people who don't amuse him. He once loathed people who he thought beneath him, but he eventually believes that they are the hope of the future.
- Pyrokinesis - With Suzaku, Kagami can control fire. He can create fire from thin air, create fire balls, deliver punches of fire, create pillars of fire and put his own body on fire. He is not immune to other types of fire. He cannot control other fires that he didn't create.
- Fireball - Kagami can throw a projectile of fire towards his enemy.
- Fiery attacks - Kagami can draw arcs of flame in the air with the movement of his arms. This power is used with punches and strikes to damage the opponent.
- Explosion - Kagami can create an explosion around anything he touches. He usually uses this around the opponents face.
- Body of Fire - Kagami can cover his body with fire and not being burned by it. He charges at his opponent, burning him/her in the process.
- Firebird - Kagami can create a construct made of fire around his body. This construct has the appearance of a firebird, or phoenix, representing Suzaku. The construct enables him to deal massive fire damage.
- Float - When Suzaku is awakened, he gains the power to levitate.
- Fly - When Suzaku is awakened, Kagami gains the power to fly short distances at amazing speeds.
- Energy Projection - When Suzaku is awakened, Kagami is able to project a beam of energy that can also richochet on the ground.
- Energy Gathering - Kagami can gather ambient ki energy to empower his body and spirit.
Kagami fights with his own version of kendo and flame. When he is awakened, his flames are tinted blue.
A lot has been changed in his transition from boss to regular character, including added attack frames and reimagined attacks. In good hands, Kagami is just as deadly as his boss version but now requires skills and visualization to do so.
A lot of his deadliness comes from blind-siding attacks such as his overhead dive, certain overhead attacks (Shiranui follow-up from Gouen Sou) and his command grab, which can ruins an enemy's momentum. His Power Slash, while significantly toned down, is a table-turner when done as a counter-attack or right after a repel attack.
Kagami also excels in EX, but is far more fearsome in Power.
- Red Phoenix - Last Blade
- Evil Gods' Portal - Last Blade
- The King of Fighters XIII - console only background cameo
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|