Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tam Tam in Samurai Shodown.
|Full name||Tam Tam|
|Birthdate||April 1, 1769|
|Height||285 cm (9'4")|
|Weight||55kg (121 lbs.)|
|Family/Relatives||His father, Sam Sam; mother, Kenta; younger sister, Cham Cham|
|Job/Occupation||Warrior of Quetzalcoatl|
|Likes||Cham Cham, removing his mask at times of peace|
|Dislikes||Kogetsuzan, Haohmaru's special anti-air move|
|Special skill||"Tam Tam, hero. Tam Tam, sacred warrior."|
|Most unpleasant||"All fear Tam Tam. Tam Tam is kind. But children run from me."|
|Measurements (bust, waist, hip)||132-33-72 cm (52"-13"-28")|
|Weapon||Blade That Cuts Through The Darkness (ヘンゲハンゲザンゲ, Henge Hange Zange), a kind of scimitar|
|Fighting style||Maya-style (マヤ流, Maya-ryū)|
Tam Tam (タムタム, Tamu Tamu) is a character in the Samurai Shodown series. He was introduced in Samurai Shodown. He was dropped from the series after his appearance in Samurai Shodown but, like Jubei and Charlotte, he returns in Samurai Shodown IV.
In the character popularity poll on Neo Geo Freak's website, he was voted as the eleventh favorite character with a total of 1,007 votes.
He is the greatest warrior and hero of his village, Green Hell. Hearing from the village elders that their sacred artifact is missing, he takes the responsibility of retrieving their stolen treasure, the mysterious jewel called the "Palenke Stone" (named after Palenque). He retrieves it and returns peace to his village. He also protects his village from Amakusa a second time, but fails to prevent the thievery of the village's second artifact, the "Tangiers Stone". As divine punishment, he is transformed into a chimpanzee, Paku Paku. In this form, he helps his younger sister Cham Cham recover both stones for his village. In Warriors Rage, he becomes the chief of his village.
Tam Tam is a brave and revered warrior of his village, who truly loves his home and countrymen. He walks in his father's footsteps and hopes to make him proud. He enjoys peace and spends the time with his sister. Like other Green Hell residents, he worships the gods as his savior, knowing full well that failure to protect his people will bring their wrath. Since his mask is also considered a mask of the gods, he will only don it during a time of crisis.
- Fire Breathing - Tam Tam can shoot a fire projectile from his mouth.
- Multiple Attacks - Tam Tam can spin his sword or himself for multiple hits.
Tam Tam rarely stands at his full height during fights, staying in a crouched position nearly the entire fight. He can use the length of his limbs and scimitar to stop opponents in their tracks with his light attacks being some of the quickest and longest ranged attacks in the game. He can also protect himself by throwing skulls, spitting out anti-air fireballs, and spinning in a split-kick move. His trademark skill is his defensive crouching stance, which can switch between either a low sweeping slash or unique jumping slash. Tam Tam's greatest flaw is slow speed, most apparent to players when he jumps, along with his lengthy animations, as they easily telegraph most of his special moves. Players who play Tam Tam should have a firm grasp of their opponent's moveset and use its flaws to their greatest advantage.
His moves are written in Nahuatl that was never officially translated by SNK.
- Outsider - Samurai Shodown
- S_N (Signal Per Noise) - Samurai Remix VA
- Kay Inage - Samurai Shodown
- Toshikazu Nishimura - Samurai Shodown IV~V Special, Samurai Shodown VI (re-dub voice)
- Kazuki Ishii - Samurai Shodown VI
- Takehito Koyasu - Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture
- Drew Scroggins - Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture (English voice)
- Hideo Ishikawa - Samurai Shodown Dengeki drama CD series
- Samurai Shodown
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden - briefly as a human
- Samurai Shodown IV
- Samurai Shodown!
- Samurai Shodown V Special
- Samurai Shodown VI
- Samurai Shodown II - cameo in Cham Cham's ending
- Samurai Shodown III - in the staff roll; cosplays as Nakoruru
- Samurai Shodown V - in the other Tam Tam's ending
- Samurai Shodown 64 - cameo in background of San Francisco arena, together with Cham Cham and Sieger
- Samurai Spirits Gaiden: Cham Cham
- Samurai Spirits Oni