|The King of Fighters '94: Rebout|
Cover of the PS2 version, showing Kyo. Illustration by Hiroaki
|Developer(s)||SNK Playmore, Ukiyotei, Fine (PS2)|
|Release date||PlayStation 2|
JP December 28, 2004
JP January 21, 2015
|Game modes||Up to 2 players|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, PlayStation Network|
The King of Fighters '94: Rebout is a remake of The King of Fighters '94 features high-definition sprites in 3D backgrounds, a newer design layout, online gaming, and an new animated intro. Illustrations for this game were also made by Hiroaki. Most of the gaming mechanics and story remain the same as the original. Several characters in the King of Fighters series (as well as strikers in The King of Fighters 2000) also make anachronistic appearances in the game's new backgrounds.
Lucky owners could also collect KOF 10th Anniversary pinky figurines of Mai and Athena with their purchase.
According to a recent interview, the overall negative fan feedback from these high-definition sprites lead to the idea of creating brand new ones for The King of Fighters XII.
Unlike the original, players can now edit their teams to their own liking.
Japan Team (A.K.A Hero Team)
Fatal Fury Team (Italy)
Art of Fighting Team (Mexico)
Ikari Warriors Team (Brazil)
Psycho Soldier Team (China)
Women Fighters Team (England)
Korea Justice Team
American Sports Team
Bosses are now selectable at the start of the game.
For this game, new stages have been developed. It's possible change to the original stages acessing the settings.
- Japan: The fight takes in an ice ring. Can be seen Christmas trees, buildings, people and various ice statues. Depending on the angle at which the characters fight, can be seen the game's logo in giant format and houses. Changes: in the 1st round, there a slight snowstorm; in 2nd round, the snowstorm intensifies; from the 3rd round, it's already night and can be seen yellow lights throughout the stage. Associated with the Japan Team.
- Italy: A ship sailing through the waters of Venice. Can be seen houses, grocery stores and some people in bridges and gondolas. Changes: in the 1st round, sunny day; in the 2nd round, sunset; from the 3rd, night. Associated with the Fatal Fury Team.
- Mexico: The Pao Pao Cafe. The fight takes in a platform that moves in and out of the stage. Some people can be seen, balconies with some bartenders and several mariachi singers. Also can be seen a picture of the original stage and a picture of Richard Meyer and Bob Wilson, owner and waiter of the restaurant (also master and student). Changes: in the 1st, 3rd and last rounds, the fight occurs inside the restaurant; in the 2nd and 4th rounds, in outside. Associated with the Art of Fighting Team.
- Brazil: A helicopter flying over the Amazon Forest, with a platform. Can be seen a waterfall, a rainbow and parrots. Changes: in the 1st round, sunny day; in the 3rd round, sunset; in the last round, the forest is covered by a fog. Associated with the Ikari Warriors Team.
- China: A commercial center and a square. Can be seen people, chinese lanterns, a ladder and people dressed as a dragon, in what appears to be a celebration of the Chinese New Year. The characters also fight in front of the ladder and, depending on the angle of the fight, can be seen buildings, houses, fireworks, posters and monuments. Also can be seen a poster with the detail covers of KOF 2003, KOF 2000 and SVC Chaos, respectively. Changes: in the 1st round, day; in the 2nd round, night; from the 3rd round, dawn and covered by a fog. Associated with the Psycho Soldier Team.
- England: A square near the Tower Bridge, in London. Can be seen fountains, people, birds flying, english soldiers and the famous english bus. Changes: in the 1st round, day; in the 2nd round, sunset; from the 3rd, night. Associated with the Women Fighters Team.
- Korea: A courtyard of a big temple. Can be seen various terraces, and in one, it's seen a fish staue, besides trees, cameo characters and flags with SNK Playmore, SNK Neo Geo's and NEO GEO's logos. Depending on the angle, the characters can fight in front of the temple, in front of the terraces and near the flags. Changes: in the 1st round, day; in the 2nd round, susent; from the 3rd round, it's almost night. Associated with the Korea Justice Team.
- USA: A basketball court. Can be seen cameo characters, a conteiner, a ship, an overcross, an old car, basketballs hoops, light poles and people, depending on the angle. Changes: in the 1st round, day; in the 2nd round, rainy sunset; from the 3rd round, night. Associated with the American Sports Team.
- Black Noah: A headquarters. Can be seen statues of bosses of the franchise, a control panel, a Rugal's picture and a hologram of the Earth. Also can be seen a helicopter in the window. Depending on the angle, the characters can fight next to the control panel and near the picture. Associated with Rugal.
The following videos were included by Gamest magazine to celebrate KoF's 10th anniversary. They summarize the Orochi and NESTS story arcs.