|The King of Fighters 2003|
Japanese PS2 cover. Illustration by Falcoon
|Developer(s)||SNK NeoGeo, Ignition Entertainment (PS2)|
JP December 12, 2003
INT March 11, 2003
JP March 28, 2004
EU April 2006
AUS January 16, 2007
JP August 25, 2005
JP April 15, 2015
|Game modes||3-on-3 Tag Battle; Up to 2 players simultaneously|
12 (PEGI & USK)
|Platform(s)||Arcade, Neo Geo, PlayStation 2, Xbox, PlayStation Network|
The King of Fighters 2003 is the tenth game in The King of Fighters series. It is the last King of Fighters game to be based on the Neo-Geo MVS hardware, and the first game in the series developed and published by SNK Playmore under their current moniker.
As indicated by the game's name, it takes place two years after the last canon King of Fighters game, The King of Fighters 2001. According to the game's storyline, a new King of Fighters tournament is organized by an unknown host. The several new rules are instituted, including a whole new team system.
At the end of the tournament, depending on how players defeat the midgame boss, Kusanagi, the players will either face Adelheid Bernstein or learn that the tournament organizer is Chizuru Kagura and that a group known as "His Distant Land" is working in a secretive plot. After defeating the mysterious stone fighter known as Mukai, Ash Crimson appears before Chizuru, attacks her in her weakened state and steals her powers. Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami come to Chizuru's aid as Ash tells Iori that he's his next target.
Fatal Fury TeamEdit
Art of Fighting TeamEdit
Women Fighters TeamEdit
High School Girls TeamEdit
- Kusanagi (unlockable)
Special Edit TeamEdit
3 Sacred Treasures TeamEdit
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Iori Yagami
- Chizuru Kagura
Note: In consoles versions, depending on the chosen fighting mode (Normal or Arcade), the stages may vary. In normal mode, all stages there are variations of time and space.
- Japan: In arcade mode, the fight takes next to a large gate of a temple. Can be seen the temple, in the background, eastern gods and laterns in the gate, people cheering, sakuras trees and a fountain. In console normal mode, on the 1st round, it's other temple, only now, the fight takes next to a tree. Can be seen people cheering, a bridge, a big lantern in the gate of the temple and traditional buildings. In the 2nd round, it's sunset and the fight occurs next to the other buildings; from the 3rd round, the fight takes near the gate, it's already night and the stage is empty.
- Czech Republic: In arcade mode, the Jubilee Synagogue, in Prague. In first rounds, can be seen people and other buildings. In final rounds, the stage is empty and it's already night. In console normal mode, the fight takes in a truck that runs through the streets of Prague. Can be seen houses, buildings buildings, a plaza and veichles, besides people holding plaques with game's name. The truck also passes an overpass. Changes: in the 1st round, it's day; in the 3rd round, sunset; from the 4th round, night.
- Hong Kong: In arcade mode, the roof of a building. Can be seen a buildings with NEO GEO and SNK's logo. There are two variations of color in this stage: in first rounds, blue; in final rounds, green. In console versions, it's the same roof, with variations: in the 1st round, can be seen a neon logo, an old man and cats; in the 2nd round, can be seen the game's logo and a helicopter; from the 3rd round, can be seen childs and a woman, and the light of various helicopters.
- China: In arcade mode, a seaside. Can be seen people cheering, a boat with tires, fishermen and a zeppelin.
- Mexico: The Mayan city of Chichen Itza, in Yucatán. In arcade mode, the fight takes next to one of the pyramids.
- New Zealand: In arcade mode, the Glenbrook Railway. The fight takes next to the trian and the tracks. Can be seen plaques, people, baloons and a cow and a house. In the console normal mode, the fight occurs in a train station. Can be seen people and, in the background, the city of Auckland. Changes: in the 1st round, day; in the 2nd round, sunset; from the 3rd round, night.
- Egypt: The city of Giza. In arcade mode, the fight takes next to the ruins of the city and, in the background, the Great Sphinx and the Pyramids. Associated with Kusanagi.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|