Toyohisa Tanabe (田邊 豊寿, Tanabe Toyohisa) is a Japanese level-designer, producer, and video game director who is considered to be the flagship director to The King of Fighters series. He joined SNK in 1989 and worked on a number of their titles until their bankruptcy. He left the company in 2001 and was eventually hired by Engines. His more recent works include Kirby: Squeak Squad and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. He still has rather fond memories of his time developing The King of Fighters series as it was his first big title that he worked on. He is sometimes credited as "Toyochan".
In an interview, he takes responsibility for the broken game balance during the years and apologizes.
- Battle Chopper
- Baseball Stars Professional
- Alpha Mission 2
- Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo: Quiz Dai Sousa-sen Part 2
- Art of Fighting - object designer
- The King of Fighters series - ('94~00) level design, gaming mechanics, system director (94~96), sub director (95,96), chief director (97,98), Planner(99 Evolution), Special Thanks (00)
- The King of Fighters EX2 - Special Thanks