Ushiwakahime (牛若姫) is a character introduced in Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden. She is a major villain in the first chapter of the game. Earlier sketches of her character depict her being more wild and demonic. Her final design was inspired by a fox and the impression of an elegant dancer. She is voiced by Naoko Ishii.
She is a demonic servant of Ambrosia who was revived from her slumber by Amakusa. Thankful for his services, she inhibits a body in the human world and wrecks havoc in their names. Although she usually works alone, she will call upon Tokihime for back-up. She continues to disrupt the hero's party until she is defeated while standing guard over Ambrosia's seal.
Sadistic, persistent, and cruel, Ushiwakahime revels destruction and misery. She is faithful to her lords' cause and never questions their orders.
- Doppelganger - Ushiwakahime has the power to create a fully capable double of herself.
- Energy Projectile - Ushiwakahime can hurl a shockwave from her bladed geta.
- Fiery Pillars - Ushiwakahime can send a rippling wave of energy to her foes.
- Multiple Attacks - Ushiwakahime can deliver several hits at once after she covers her opponent with her hat.
Ushiwakahime fights by relying on her demon powers. She uses her pointed hat as her basic weapon, often hurling the top to block or stun her opponents.
- Madwoman - Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden