Japanese arcade flyer
|Developer(s)||SNK, Sunsoft, D4 Enterprise (Wii Virtual Console), Hamster Corporation (Nintendo Switch)|
|Publisher(s)||SNK, Sunsoft, D4 Enterprise, Hamster Corporation|
JP November 21, 1996
NA November 20, 1996
JP November 21, 1996
JP June 20, 1997
Wii Virtual Console
JP April 27, 2010
WW March 3, 2017
|Genre||Versus fighting game|
|Game modes||Up to 2 players simultaneously|
|Platform(s)||Arcade, Neo Geo, Sega Saturn, Wii Virtual Console, Nintendo Switch|
Waku Waku 7 (わくわく7) is a SUNSOFT fighting game initially released as an arcade game for the MVS / Neo Geo system on November 21, 1996. It was later ported to the Sega Saturn. An arcade-perfect port is included in the 2008 Playstation 2 release, Sunsoft Collection. The game is not a sequel; it is instead named after its seven main characters. It remains the first and so far only Waku Waku game.
"It is said that the person who collects all sevens of the legendary WakuWaku balls will have their dearest wish granted. Those who find one of the balls become obsessed with the ruthless desire to obtain the others, who will be victorious in the bitter battle to become the owner of all the balls. Victory or defeat - it all lies in your hand."
Waku Waku 7 has an irregular feature set for a fighting game of its time, and includes features common to SNK fighting games (four basic attacks, screens zooming, etc.).
- The game has a roster of nine characters (Two of which were available only in the Versus mode of the console ports). Each has a significantly different playstyle and parodies a well-known character from another game.
- Each character has a powerful special move (Referred to as the Harahara movement, or Harahara motion). They had several factors that made them unique, including:
- They were easy to execute;
- They needed to be charged. (during which the character concentrates, says something, strikes a pose or blows a fanfare)
- They were unblockable and difficult to dodge, but could be interrupted while charging.
- While charging, the game flashes a warning and sounds an alarm.
- Characters could be launched through the screen to hit the other corner, and attacked while on the ground; but could also dodge or attack while getting up.
- Marurun (travels with Mugi)
- Politank Z (piloted by Chojuro and Hamusuke)
- Dandy-J (travels with Natsumi and Ranpoo)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|