Wild Leona in The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
|Full name||Leona (Leona Heidern is her codename)|
|Height||176 cm (5'9")|
|Weight||66 kg (146 lbs)|
|Family/Relatives||Gaidel (Father, deceased), deceased mother, Heidern (adoptive father), Sandra and Clara (adopted father's wife and daughter, deceased)|
|Job/Occupation||Ikari Warrior soldier|
|Most unpleasant||Her current form|
|Measurements (bust, waist, hip)||84, 60, 87cm|
|Weapon||Explosive earings, flashbang earings, special boots, throwing hairpin|
|Fighting style||Martial arts + Heidern style assassination techniques|
Wild Leona (暴走レオナ, Bousou Reona, lit. Rampaging Leona), known as "Orochi Leona" or "Awakened Orochi Blood from the Darkness Leona" in Japan (ヤミノナカオロチノチニメザメルレオナ, Yami no naka Orochi no Chi ni Mezameru Reona, lit. Insane Leona with Blood of Orochi Awakened within the Darkness), is the name attributed to Leona when the Riot of the Blood is activated within her. She first appeared in The King of Fighters '97.
When Goenitz came to ask Gaidel for help to resurrect Orochi, Leona was there. Goenitz activated the Riot of the Blood within her and she murdered her family and the entire village. During the finals of the '97 tournament, the Riot of the Blood is triggered and she attacks her teammates, Ralf and Clark, but she was eventually defeated. In 2003, the Orochi seal is damaged and she entered the Riot of the Blood, badly injuring Ralf and Clark.
During this state Leona goes berserk and will attack anyone on sight. Beginning with The King of Fighters '99, her personality remains unchanged with Leona in control of the Riot of the Blood as long as Orochi's presence is kept safely distant from her.
- Slashing Hands - Leona can cut or pierce with her hands.
- Cutting Aura - Leona can create a cutting aura around her hands and feet.
- Cutting Ball - Leona can create a ball of energy surrounded by several energy blades.
Her fighting style remains unchanged, but she becomes faster and more brutal, but akin to Iori's state, she may be more difficult to control and may take more damage as a trade-off compared to her normal version.
Unlike Iori's version of this state, her actions seem to be more primal in that she has a new walking animation and even a new running animation that enables her to run under mid-level projectiles. Also unlike Iori, there are often times where Leona in most games can access this state of her own will but at a possible cost (such as half of her current health in 2002; which most likely has spawned fan-made versions of Iori that can do the same).
- Control Crisis - The King of Fighters '97, The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match, The King of Fighters R-1
- The King of Fighters '96 - Gameboy version only; as Leona!
- The King of Fighters R-1 - Mid-boss and secret character
- The King of Fighters '97 - Mid-boss and secret character
- The King of Fighters 2000 - as a PS2 Maniac Striker for Ralf
- The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match - unlockable
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- CR The King of Fighters
- The King of Fighters '98 - during Leona's SDM
- The King of Fighters 2002 - during Leona's HSDM and SDM, can also voluntarily enter this state
- The King of Fighters Neowave - can voluntarily enter this state
- The King of Fighters XIII - during Leona's SDM's and NeoMax
- The King of Fighters XIV - during Leona's SDM's and Climax